1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by The Mom, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Gabe1

Gabe1 Premium Member

I've never had the opportunity to stop at South of the Border.
    :):(:):(:) :joyfull:

2. StarWarsGirl

StarWarsGirl Well-Known Member

Fake Mexico!:hilarious:

figmentfan423, Gabe1 and MinnieM123 like this.
  3. MinnieM123

MinnieM123 Well-Known Member

Bets, I got home from FL last night, and it was hot down there. But I wanted to comment about the 24 inches of snow up in the Rockies.

This morning, I had to get up at 4:00 AM, so that I could drive hubs to the Logan Airport express bus--yup--he flew to Denver today!! :p

He called me once the plane landed. His parents are up in the 2 foot snow area (they live above 7,000 feet). But the roads are fair enough today for him to take the drive up. (He grew up in the mountains and is used to all kinds of conditions.) And, as you know out in Colorado, it's so dry that the snow will go away in a few days.

Thank goodness his flight was today, as opposed to yesterday when the storm hit! :)

4. MinnieM123

Having just been there this week, I really noticed the increase in food prices. All I eat at the parks is QS and it was very difficult to get lunch, for example, under $17.00 (with the tax, etc.). Also, just a freaking plain bottle of WATER is $3.00!!!

5. MOXOMUMD

MOXOMUMD Well-Known Member

Duuuuuuuude..... :hilarious:

donaldtoo and figmentfan423 like this.
  6. Songbird76

Songbird76 Well-Known Member

Welcome back!! You were missed! Did you melt over there?

7. MinnieM123

Have a wonderful trip and safe travels! Guess you'll be down there when Pandora opens?

The other day when I was in Animal Kingdom (early morning opening for hotel guests), there was a LONG line of DVC and annual pass holders, who were waiting there for a soft opening. I asked a CM if I could join, but I guess you needed some sort of pass to get in (plus be a member of one of those groups).

MOXOMUMD and figmentfan423 like this.
  8. MinnieM123

Cesar, I hope the rest of your trip goes well for you.

9. MinnieM123

On the local Orlando news, there was a report of increased accidents along that stretch, because people are gawking at Volcano Bay, and subsequently getting into car wrecks!! :jawdrop:

10. donaldtoo

donaldtoo Well-Known Member

Half-day Friday...!!!!!!! :joyfull:

image.jpeg

11. MinnieM123

Thank you. Yes, I did melt a few hours each day, and then went back to my hotel room to hibernate in the a/c. I found the mornings up to about noon-ish to be o.k. for the most part (too hot for me, but not intolerable), but early afternoon to late afternoon were way too hot. There were a few instances of cloud cover here and there, and that helped a lot.

12. donaldtoo

Welcome back @MinnieM123!!! :)
    Please tell us you have a few pics to post (especially of food :hungry: ;)) from your trip...?! o_O :D
    Regardless, hope ya' had an awesome time...!!! :)

13. donaldtoo

And...
    Time for ketchup...! :)

image.jpeg

14. donaldtoo

Have you ever tried to mow a wet lawn...?!?!?! o_O
    Now, there's a workout for ya'...!!!!! :joyfull: :D ;)

15. MinnieM123

Whew! Just got caught up!! There was so much going on here in chit chat over the past 4 days that I can't remember it all, but will try to add a few comments.

@BuddyThomas , that was a snazzy suit you bought!! You have good taste in clothing.

@MOXOMUMD , I'm glad I came back to the Donut countdown event! I love donuts! :hungry:

Missed all my pals here, too!

I pack the night before, and always hope for the best! :D (It's a lot of work for people with families though--a lot more to think about, and I understand that.)

Yes, it is. Luckily, I was able to enjoy the Great Movie Ride, for probably the last time. Went on Tower of Terror and Star Tours (for once, I was chosen as the rebel spy!). ;) Went over to Walt Disney's One Man's Dream, and did the walk through (that's always nice), but they didn't have the nice film they used to have. Instead, they were giving a 10 minute preview of the new Pirates movie, in that theater inside. I saw the preview and thought they'd have the Walt Disney movie afterwards, but they didn't. :(

Actually, I did miss my visits to WDWMagic while I was away. And as for basking in warmth--basking maybe at WDW, but no to the hot weather!!

Went to Blizzard Beach one morning, but regretted it (no snow . . .) ;). Actually, it was mobbed because I think that Typhoon Lagoon was still under renovation. Oh, they have these new lockers now that I wasn't pleased with. Instead of going to the swim shop and purchasing the key for the day, they now have you go to stupid kiosk machines that don't work well. The first one wouldn't take my cash. Plus, I wanted to use my gift card which had about 6 dollars on it and pay the rest in cash, but the machine won't let you do a split transaction. :mad: You have to remember the number of your locker and you key in a 4 digit code for the lock. So there I was, panicking that I'd forget the number of the locker, or my 4 digit code?!! :in pain: With the old system, you wore the key on a wrist thing, and the number of the locker was on the key. It USED to be EASY. :mad:

16. MinnieM123

Sorry, I have no pictures. (When I've bought a disposable camera in the past, it took almost 2 weeks to get the pictures to develop on to a cd.) I finally gave up. My little flipphone does not take photos either.

17. donaldtoo

Not sure, but, I think she was talking about the dates in the UK?
    My first thought was exactly yours... "April showers bring May flowers!"...for moms...! ;) :)

18. donaldtoo

Yea, they eat it, but, then they carp it right back onto your yard...!!! :hilarious: ;)

19. donaldtoo

So, now I have been forced to post this yet again... :rolleyes:

image.png

:D ;)

20. MinnieM123

Ha! Well, I figure there's tons of park pictures all over this forum, so probably no one would miss any from me! :p

MOXOMUMD, figmentfan423 and donaldtoo like this.