The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

He's done some stage work. He said he hadn't been called to sing in several years, but he got up to speed. His wife is also a professional singer.

Pretty much everyone else in the cast besides Emma Watson has had singing experience. A couple of them are Tony award winners. Which is why the casting of someone with no musical or singing experience in the main role baffled me. Especially since she didn't audition; they offered her the part. They had offered her Cinderella, but she turned it down.
I wonder if they wanted to carry the movie with her harry potter popularity.
Because she didnt fit at all on my experience.
The only iterations that seem naturally weird (in the context of the movie) was when she was confronting Gaston.

Goofyernmost

How do you like your new job?
Well, it is the most stress free job I have ever had. I liken it to a Geriatric NASCAR event. I drive around a 4 mile circular track for 8 hours picking up and dropping off people at the two terminals here in Raleigh. No real pressure because until late at night there are four of us out there arriving about 3 to 4 minutes apart at each location. All we really have to do is not run into anything and make sure we don't offend the customer. (that last part may or may not present a challenge for me, but, so far so good. The only incident that I had so far was with a woman that felt that if she yelled at me enough:mad: I would drop her off where she wanted to be dropped off and not where I'm allowed too. She lost and my give a damn factor was, and still is, almost non-existent. :joyfull::p

Last edited:

Figgy1

Well, it is the most stress free job I have ever had. I liken it to a Geriatric NASCAR event. I drive around a 4 miles circular track for 8 hours picking up and dropping off people at the two terminals here in Raleigh. No real pressure because until late at night there are four of us out there arriving about 3 to 4 minutes apart at each location. All we really have to do is not run into anything and make sure we don't offend the customer. (that last part may or may not present a challenge for me, but, so far so good. The only incident that I had so far was with a woman that felt that if she yelled at me enough:mad: I would drop her off where she wanted to be dropped off and not where I'm allowed too. She lost and my give a damn factor was, and still is, almost non-existent. :joyfull::p
Sounds like the perfect job for you:hilarious:

Cesar R M

I was in Target yesterday and saw the DVD of Moana. Never saw the movie before (I don't see many movies), so I picked it up. Although I had heard good reviews of it, I wasn't all that impressed. The story was sorta cute, but nothing special about the animation. The only good point about the film was the music--they did a great job with that.
Agree, story wise felt like Mulan + Little mermaid in reverse + hints of Tangled.
The music is what made he movie feel special.
Hence why Zootopia won. I actually laughed at the fury of the Moana fans when Zootopia won the oscar.

Cesar R M

Supervisor this morning during our weekly meeting, which was supposed to be at 11 but ended up being at 8:30: "Boy, you are not a morning person, are you?" Nope not a bit. "Let's not do this again." Yeah, I'm with you there. :hilarious:
arggh, you gave me flashbacks from when I had to wake up at 5 to get in time to a "very important exam" at 7:00 in the uni (I had to take a very long bus). Just to see the teacher arrive at 8:30 :|

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
Ah, yeah I've not seen any of those except Brave, which of course is animated, so I wouldn't have seen HER. I can't stand Renee Zelwegger so I have never seen any of the Bridget Jones movies.
I love Bridget Jones. I like that the intention of the films is that Bridget is just so normal. She worries about her weight, she feels pressure from family and friends to settle down, she sometimes feels like her life is falling apart...she's so like the rest of us. Instead of being insanelt gorgeous and perfect, like many romcom heroines. I love romcoms, but the change is nice every now and then.

But I can understand the aversion to an actor or actress being a turnoff. I won't watch anything where Kristen Stewart makes an appearance, and I can't get into Star Trek Enterprise or NCIS: NOLA because of Scott Bakula.

Emma Thompson was also in Stranger Than Fiction. I normally am not a big Will Ferrel fan, but I love that movie.

Cesar R M

I love Bridget Jones. I like that the intention of the films is that Bridget is just so normal. She worries about her weight, she feels pressure from family and friends to settle down, she sometimes feels like her life is falling apart...she's so like the rest of us. Instead of being insanelt gorgeous and perfect, like many romcom heroines. I love romcoms, but the change is nice every now and then.

But I can understand the aversion to an actor or actress being a turnoff. I won't watch anything where Kristen Stewart makes an appearance, and I can't get into Star Trek Enterprise or NCIS: NOLA because of Scott Bakula.

Emma Thompson was also in Stranger Than Fiction. I normally am not a big Will Ferrel fan, but I love that movie.
I'm sorta similar.. I hate Kristen Stewart and Will Ferrel. But I sort of like Bakula. Loved his old "Quantum Leap" and watched enterprise.

MySmallWorldof4

I wonder if they wanted to carry the movie with her harry potter popularity.
Because she didnt fit at all on my experience.
The only iterations that seem naturally weird (in the context of the movie) was when she was confronting Gaston.
I don't think they needed her to bring people to see the film. People would have seen it anyway. I don't see her as a draw. I just didn't find her very sympathetic. She doesn't have the same depth as other actresses have. And yeah, the fact that she really doesn't sing in a role that requires some really good singing does make casting baffling. Hey, just my little opinion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom