The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
Her singing pales in comparison to the original
Well, yeah. Paige O'hara had been singing since about age 13. She'd been in New York doing Broadway before Beauty and the Beast. Now she's a voice coach.

Emma Watson, by comparison, had a month of vocal training before doing Beauty and the Beast. That was my main criticism when she was cast. There are a lot of wonderful actresses who have singing experience and who would bring some talent to the role...and they went with a name. I honestly would have preferred if they had gone with someone who's done Broadway.

Not to say that with some training, she couldn't reach that level, but there's no way anyone should expect her to be on the level of original Belle.

MySmallWorldof4

Well, yeah. Paige O'hara had been singing since about age 13. She'd been in New York doing Broadway before Beauty and the Beast. Now she's a voice coach.

Emma Watson, by comparison, had a month of vocal training before doing Beauty and the Beast. That was my main criticism when she was cast. There are a lot of wonderful actresses who have singing experience and who would bring some talent to the role...and they went with a name. I honestly would have preferred if they had gone with someone who's done Broadway.

Not to say that with some training, she couldn't reach that level, but there's no way anyone should expect her to be on the level of original Belle.
I don't think they needed a name to have people see this film. People would have most definitely gone anyway. I do wonder though who she was up against when they did cast the role. I thought the singing of the man who played the beast was fantastic. His was a more Broadway style voice.

MySmallWorldof4

We were first introduced to McD's when we moved to No Cal in '68. I remember the Big Mac had just come out nationwide.
By far and away, the majority of our meals were home cooked by mom, but, we were treated pretty often as well. I've already mentioned Shakey's Pizza, and McD's, but, another place I have good memories of is Burger Pit...everything (they had steaks as well) was charbroiled, and the place always smelled sooo good...! :hungry:
I don't remember doing any cafeteria places 'til we moved back to Texas. Furr's and Luby's. And, again, it wasn't very often, as most of our meals were still homemade.
And, of course, we went to the occasional BBQ and Tex-Mex places...! :hungry: ;) :)

McD's and Burger Pit as I remember the style of those places way back when... :)

View attachment 196239View attachment 196241
Stop making me hungry!!! :D

Goofyernmost

We were first introduced to McD's when we moved to No Cal in '68. I remember the Big Mac had just come out nationwide.
By far and away, the majority of our meals were home cooked by mom, but, we were treated pretty often as well. I've already mentioned Shakey's Pizza, and McD's, but, another place I have good memories of is Burger Pit...everything (they had steaks as well) was charbroiled, and the place always smelled sooo good...! :hungry:
I don't remember doing any cafeteria places 'til we moved back to Texas. Furr's and Luby's. And, again, it wasn't very often, as most of our meals were still homemade.
And, of course, we went to the occasional BBQ and Tex-Mex places...! :hungry: ;) :)

McD's and Burger Pit as I remember the style of those places way back when... :)

View attachment 196239
Never been to a Burger Pit, but, did go to my first 15 cent Mcdonalds in Kettering, Ohio in 1963. We never got one in Vermont until probably around 1970.

Songbird76

OK, so I had the Camarones Endiablados.
And, it was AMAZING...!!!!!!! :joyfull: :hungry: :)

My Dos Equis, and my amazing dish...!!!!!!!

View attachment 195934
View attachment 195935

And, a little hot rod fun out front...!!!!! :joyfull: ;)

View attachment 195936 View attachment 195937
View attachment 195938
Very very cool car. My cousin runs a hotrod shop in Illinois. One of his projects was the #1 on this website I found: http://www.tbucketplans.com/top-3-t-buckets-from-hunnert-car-pileups-past/

Songbird76

Hope you guys had a good Friday. I got some clothes that I ordered today in the mail so after I tried them on I had to return some. So hubs and I did that and had a nice meal at the Olive Garden. Sorry no pictures. We hadn't been there in over a year, and it was crazy busy but we got a spot in the bar area. The food was exactly what I had a craving for. We both had the Tour of Italy with chicken parm, alfredo, and lasagna. The alfredo was super creamy. We didn't end up finishing it all so leftovers tomorrow! :hungry: Eating out made grocery shopping cheaper too! We were just too full to think any of the food looked good, so we stuck to the list. :)
Yum!! That's what I always got at Olive Garden, too, when we lived in the US.

enfant

I don't think they needed a name to have people see this film. People would have most definitely gone anyway. I do wonder though who she was up against when they did cast the role. I thought the singing of the man who played the beast was fantastic. His was a more Broadway style voice.
They didn't really need a name, yeah, but her name probably did bolster the film quite a lot with young women who also grew up with the Harry Potter films. Casting Hermione as Belle was nostalgia-pandering at its best! (I'm not knocking nostalgia, of course!)
I'm always irritated when they go with a less-qualified singer for a musical, but I guess we get what we get...

Songbird76

Wowza! 500 Euros. Could you do it here state side when you are here?
nope...all the documents like birth certificate and such are in Dutch, so first you have to get them translated professionally...you can't just translate them yourself. You have to get it done by an accredited service and then have them notarized and bla bla bla. And in the US, we'd need to have a US address, which we don't. So we have to do it over here, unfortunately. But, it's no biggie...for now they don't need it.

Cesar R M

Whew, okay. I didn't want to mention it yesterday because I thougt maybe I was overthinking it, but I agree. I thought many of her expressions were expressionless. I wish they would have gone with an unknown. But the acting from the rest of the cast was spectacular.
I particularly liked Kevin Kline and the guy who does Gaston.
Also I never imagined Sir Ian Mckellen was there!
Loved his finale scene lol.

Cesar R M

I thought she was great. I had an issue with Mrs Potts voice however.
Cant comment on that, because we had a fully translated one with songs in spanish. They were ok.. but was surprised at Audra McDonald (the singer of the first song and the last theme song)

Loved the credits scenes too, where they show each character and their actor in an animated way than the usual simple background moving.
And I did not know Ewan McGreggor and Ian Mckellen was in it! D:

donaldtoo

Never been to a Burger Pit, but, did go to my first 15 cent Mcdonalds in Kettering, Ohio in 1963. We never got one in Vermont until probably around 1970.

Yea, I had never heard of it until we moved to No Cal. I think a Big Mac was about $0.55 at the time. The other burger place we used to eat at occasionally in No Cal was A&W. I always loved the burger with mustard and onions, which is always what I order here now at Sonic and Whataburger. There are still a coupla' A&W locations here in Austin, but, none close to us, and they're not drive-ins.

Watching the Match Play tournament on NBC right now. Are you still watching? Watched the first part this morning on the Golf Channel, and DWifey even watched with me. :)
I never realized how fun that course is. But, then again, I haven't played a round of golf in well over a decade. And, last I heard, the
Austin Country Club membership fee was 10K per year, and that was many years ago. :cyclops:
It was kinda' funny (and last year, as well) driving across the bridge on the way to the office every morning in the run up to the tournament beginning about a month before hand...more and more of the temporary structures goin' up and the course lookin' nicer and nicer every day...!!! :hilarious: ;) :)

Songbird76

I don't even know what movies Emma Thompson has been in. I tried to google it and all I got were pages and pages of how Trump once asked her in a date. Who gives half a crap!
Oh she's done a ton of stuff....Harry Potter, Nanny McPhee, I think she did Sense and Sensibility....those are the ones I can remember off the top of my head that I've seen her in, but I know there are a lot more.

Songbird76

I'm wondering if perhaps they chose Emma not so much for the name, but for her personality...she kind of personifies Belle. All the work she's done for He For She and she's quite the Feminist...Belle is a character who is more interested in learning and in personality than she is in money or looks. She rejects the standard life that everyone else seems to chase after, choosing instead to make her own path. That's kind of what Emma has done...going to college and working on herself more than chasing after what society tells her she should want. Maybe they chose her because she is so much like a real life Belle..minus the beast.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom