The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

With me it's simple... if it is comfortable for me, then everyone else needs to just adapt. Put on more clothes or take of some clothes depending on their need. No previous agreement required.
That's my dad's rule usually, although my mom will insist the temperature change if he has it too cold.

(FYI, roommate agreement is a Big Bang Theory reference :) )

MinnieM123

Premium Member
The ironic part of all of this was while at BCV, it was too cold in our room most of the time. Everytime Mousekeeping was in our room, they turned the thermostat down to 69. My mom and I get cold at night, so we turned it up to 71. Then Mousekeeping would turn it down, and we'd turn it up, and then my dad would turn it down, and we'd turn it up...:rolleyes:

One thing I like about Swan and Dophin is the self-controlled room thermostat. There is no "set" temperature. Works out quite well for me. I lower it down to meat locker temperature! Bliss!!! :p

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Agree a million percent. Because, we are DVC, they don't change the sheets until after 4 days. We don't make the bed and pull the sheets all the way down to let them dry during the day.:hungover:

Resort rooms receive clean towels and beds made up daily however sheets are not changed until new guests or the 4th day. I

I'm OK with the sheets because I guess my housekeeping skre weekills could use some improvement :rolleyes: I do not change sheets on our beds everyday either. I don't have the time to strip down beds everyday or the desire either. Plus my water and electric/gas bills are high enough and I have enough other laundry to keep up with.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
We'd be better off with a Business major as a superintendant. Ours is an education major with very little classroom experience who became our superintendant at the age of 28. Sorry, but that is not enough experience to be head of one of the largest districts in the state.

We cannot stand him. The only good thing he did, IMO, was to unlock Youtube for teachers so they could use it in the classroom. Other than that, can't say he's a good superintendant, or that I even like him as a person. He's too arrogant.

Ha! Yep, that describes a great deal of highly educated people in top positions in both the public and private sector. Many of the best will not work for large urban school districts. Can't blame them. They inherit all sorts of issues, old structures and a population that is unwilling to step up to the plate and fix stuff. They generally only use it as a stepping stone and then they move onto a district with far less issues and a greater dollar per student percentage. If the best they could attract is a 28 year old it is kinda telling. But on a whole I don't poo poo the young. They generally have more energy than those who have been doing the same thing for 25 years, they are not as jaded. I do believe young adults kinda get jipped when it comes to respect.

StarWarsGirl

Ha! Yep, that describes a great deal of highly educated people in top positions in both the public and private sector. Many of the best will not work for large urban school districts. Can't blame them. They inherit all sorts of issues, old structures and a population that is unwilling to step up to the plate and fix stuff. They generally only use it as a stepping stone and then they move onto a district with far less issues and a greater dollar per student percentage. If the best they could attract is a 28 year old it is kinda telling. But on a whole I don't poo poo the young. They generally have more energy than those who have been doing the same thing for 25 years, they are not as jaded. I do believe young adults kinda get jipped when it comes to respect.
The thing is that the county had someone who was more experienced, and they passed her over for this guy. She ended up going to another county. I tried not to judge him either, but he's really not been very good. It's not so much that he's young so much as it is that he lacks experience, especially for dealing with a district of this size.

BAChicagoGal

One of the best purchases that I have made is my iPad. I can take it on vacation, and then I have access to my email, the internet, and I can post way easier than on my phone. I can never post anything on the phone. It is way too small. Texting on it, is always just the bare minimum. Although sending a picture by text is always fun. I talked to my oldest son today, and he enjoyed my text pictures the last time I was at WDW. So I promised him a few on this vacation. Of course, the iPad is great on the plane to kill time. I have a few great games, and my favorite solitaire is on there. Demons and Thieves.

StarWarsGirl

Resort rooms receive clean towels and beds made up daily however sheets are not changed until new guests or the 4th day. I

I'm OK with the sheets because I guess my housekeeping skre weekills could use some improvement :rolleyes: I do not change sheets on our beds everyday either. I don't have the time to strip down beds everyday or the desire either. Plus my water and electric/gas bills are high enough and I have enough other laundry to keep up with.
I don't change my sheets more than about once a week. So DVC not changing ours does not bother me in the least.

BTW @betty rose : the policy is that if you're staying 7 nights or less, they give you trash and towel service on the fourth day, no sheet changes. If you're there 8 nights or more, you get full cleaning on the fourth day, trash and towel four days after that, full cleaning four days after that, and so on. If your sheets get soiled for some reason and you're okay with changing them yourself, you can request a new set at no charge.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom