The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

seahawk7

The library of congress has released its 25 picks of films that are at least ten years old to be entered and preserved. I'd pick 6 of them.

"13 Lakes" (2004)

"Bert Williams Lime Kiln Club Field Day" (1913)

"The Big Lebowski" (1998):

"Down Argentine Way" (1940)

"The Dragon Painter" (1919)

"Felicia" (1965)

"Ferris Bueller's Day Off' (1986):

"The Gang's All Here" (1943)

"House of Wax" (1953)

"Into the Arms of Strangers: Stories of the Kindertransport" (2000)

"Little Big Man" (1970)

"Luxo Jr." (1986)

"Moon Breath Beat" (1980)

"Please Don't Bury Me Alive!" (1976)

"The Power and the Glory" (1933)

"Rio Bravo" (1959)

"Rosemary's Baby" (1968)

"Ruggles of Red Gap" (1935)

"Saving Private Ryan" (1998)

"Shoes" (1916)

"State Fair" (1933)

"Unmasked" (1917)

"V-E + 1" (1945)

"The Way of Peace" (1947)

"Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory" (1971)
I don't know over half these movies. :(

seahawk7

Curious George! Woot! A favorite of mine and my kids. I still have in our hallway bookcase the coffee table book of all the Curious George original books.

I found homes for most of the Children's books, most went to Merick House for underprivileged children in Cleveland, a daycare center for struggling parents, my sister sat for years on their board. George I kept.
I love books, ever since I was a small child. I have kept all my childhood books and Disney records. I still read them from time to time because they are like old friends. However, I think its awesome you have shared yours with other people.

seahawk7

I loves me some Christmas bonus!!!!!!! :joyfull: :joyfull: :joyfull: :)
hqdefault.jpg

Yeah!

seahawk7

Two pieces of good news:

Biopsy came back for that mass my step grandfather had. Not cancer. He'll need one minimally invasive surgery, but it looks pretty good.

Four out of five of my grades have come back. All of them that have come back are As. Just waiting for the last one. She might not be done with grades yet; a lot of us did papers as our finals, and mine was 15 pages.:cautious:
I'm so happy it wasn't cancer. Such good news for your family. Congrats on the great grades.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Two pieces of good news:

Biopsy came back for that mass my step grandfather had. Not cancer. He'll need one minimally invasive surgery, but it looks pretty good.

Four out of five of my grades have come back. All of them that have come back are As. Just waiting for the last one. She might not be done with grades yet; a lot of us did papers as our finals, and mine was 15 pages.:cautious:

So happy for both you and step Grandpa. Good news all around!

Gabe1

Oddly enough, as much as I'm not a fan of conventional malls, I would actually like to see (out of twisted curiosity) the Mall of America. I have seen some reports on this behemoth on TV; and I find it fascinating, for reasons I don't know. I'm not sure if my reaction to it would be like viewing a freak show, or if just the size of it would be enough overload of my senses, to lock in my attention.

I hope your shopping excursion went well today, and you finished up your Christmas shopping. You also made good use of Amazon, and they do come in handy for all kinds of items these days. They often have good prices, too.

Lastly, about the books stores that have bit the dust in your area, I found it interesting that you still have Barnes and Noble, because that's the only big name book store that we have too. All others are gone. Thanks goodness, there are a few small, sole proprietorship book stores in a few towns close by me.

Well I got a bunch of the smaller stuff done today so that is good. I quit and started home around 6pm. Tomorrow again, can't decide if I'm going North or SouthWest tomorrow. Sure glad the price of gas is down 'cause I've gone through a lot this week. I'm done with my folks, DH, Walter. Still have a couple things to go for my Sis family, close and a couple things for my kids. I need one thing for my MIL yet and I bought the new baby a Minnie Mouse Plush at the Disney Store today. DH nieces and nephews all get gift cards to AMC Theaters and a few boxes of Movie size candy. My niece I buy a gift card to Amazon. She is an above and beyond totally priviledged child so anything I would get her all she has to do is whip out a credit card. I've found the Amazon card works for the things her Dad gives her a hard time about.

We do not have any independent book stores anymore. It will be interesting to see what happens to all book stores in the next ten years along with Public Libraries. My DD's University has 35,000 undergrads and total about 45,000 with those working on higher degrees. They no longer have a bookstore. It closed a couple years ago. Now mainly Spirit wear and novelty collegiate stuff.

Gabe1

@donaldtoo[/USER] Well the verdict is the Disney Store is still toys and dress up clothes. Bought new baby a nice sized Minnie Mouse and matching shopping bag. I was never greeted. They have new costumes that look real warm. They are polyester suits with cotton dress shirts. They have to wear a tie, bow tie or scarf. Very similar to the new uniforms at the American Pavilion. They really look like flight attendants now. The girl that checked me out was over the top wonderful. There were two young grade school kids that she was creating some magic for. Good to see.

And Minnie is for her.

image.jpg

Gabe1

I'm about 25 percent done. But I've been shopping in my head, all I have to do now is buy the stuff. Does that make sense? It made sense in my head.

Yeah, I'm with ya there. What is making sense in my head doesn't begin to make sense to my DH. He smiles and nods a lot in the power shopping week.

I'm shopping without a list and all the stuff I've bought is scrambling in my head. At this point I usually sort the stuff for my immediate family, make sure it is pretty equal. But half of Amazon stuff won't come 'till tomorrow and the rest on Saturday. My DS will be off and back home for about a week. Walt will be tired out.

Gabe1

Hmm . . . . now that's very interesting, if a statistics major picked up on something. :cautious: :(

Yeah, it is all funny numbers when they craft surveys that way. A number of fluff questions and even if you nail them on a few the overall responses are going to end with an over all satisfied score. The 5 minute survey took 30 minutes because if the response was not what they were looking for multiple follow up questions popped.

They asked about sit down restaurant which was fine but she added we had to wait 20 minutes for change because it was an early lunch and they could not break a $100 bill. So then there were fluff questions about the meal.

Counter Service, good food, poor venue rating because she doesn't like eating outside with all the birds and lack of A/C. Pop up follow up questions about service, food choices, theme.

So when they tell us the guests are positive about whatever...they technically are not lying.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom