The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

I love brussel sprouts, I'm the only one in my family that does. :(

CUxgWasWUAA6olU.jpg:large

If you look at my second plate (on top of the one with steak) you will see a healthy portion of sprouts plopped up there. They were garlic butter roasted with bacon on top. So so yummy.

Yep, I love Brussels sprouts, too.
I've been known to nuke a frozen package and just eat them as is, or maybe with a little butter. :hungry: :)

donaldtoo

Thanks! I totally get what you're saying, though. If I didn't live so close to DLR, I'd be choosing WDW, too. But maybe you could also check out other parts of Cali while you're here?

We haven't been since June of '10, but, definitely plan on getting back someday in the not-too-distant future.
I'd definitely like to combine it with other destinations in California, especially a trip up to No Cal and the Disney Family Museum. :)

donaldtoo

First of all, I'm so happy to hear about your dad's health!! :)

When you posted the Normal Rockwell "Thanksgiving" picture the other day, I thought to myself that the image is probably very close to your actual holiday gathering. You are so fortunate to have your parents still around (mine passed away years ago), and much of your family (and some rellies) are relatively close by. So I can see the whole group having a good time together on Thanksgiving. What's left of my family (siblings, relatives) is spread out all over the country, and we rarely see each other. My sister is the only one who lives fairly close by. Gotta admit, I miss the old days when the family (and grandparents) were all together at home on Thanksgiving, and we all helped out with the meal. Then, we would all just relax for the rest of the day.

Thank you, Minnie.
Yes, I feel very fortunate and thank God every day for all the blessings he has bestowed on our family.
Some years are different than others. Even though all us boys are still local, my lil' sis and her family are in Lafayette, LA., so they don't make it every year. Although, everyone makes it to Christmas Eve (and usually at least part of Christmas day, as well) at mom and pops.
And yes, our Thanksgiving does kinda' resemble that Norman Rockwell painting, that's why I love it so much. ;) :)

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
We haven't been since June of '10, but, definitely plan on getting back someday in the not-too-distant future.
I'd definitely like to combine it with other destinations in California, especially a trip up to No Cal and the Disney Family Museum. :)

The Disney Family Museum is great, we didn't think we would be in San Francisco when it was open (I think it is closed on Tuesday), but our road trip ran ahead of schedule and we got into the city a day early. So we went to the Disney Family museum and stopped and saw the Yoda fountain at Industrial Light and Magic.

Wrangler-Rick

Just Horsing Around…
Premium Member
Day 2 of the Adventure.... October 20, 2015

Eventually woke up after about 12 hours of sleep and headed out the door to catch the train that goes directly to Disneyland Paris. Not a long ride, probably about 40 minutes (with many stops along the way). It was where I started my love affair with train travel. The last train I was on was many years ago traveling from Toronto to Montreal with the wife and a 3 year old and an infant. It was not a pleasant trip back then. All I had were Visa Traveler Checks and the train wouldn't take them. So I had a hungry 3 year old, a hungry wife and myself ready to eat the seat cushions before we got to Montreal. (The infant had her own personal feeding source) Anyway, back on track (tee hee), I loved this ride and enjoyed train riding more each time we used it as our means of transportation.

I'm not sure what I was expecting from DLP, but, it was more then I got. The general feel of the layout reminded me a lot of Disneyland in Cali., but, not as nice. Not awful, mind you just less then I expected. Many of the big attractions were down for refurb. and the others that I managed to go to sometimes were a surprise. Phantom Manor, for example, was a nice ride with many of the expected "haunted mansion" items, but, then mysteriously became a western themed grouping of skeletal remains that just didn't seem to fit in at all with my expectations. Pirates reminded me a lot of Disneyland's PoTC especially in the beginning. It was good, but, somehow seemed disjointed to me. Not sure why. Small World was closed and BTMR looked a lot like all the rest to me. I had made 3 attempts to see Ratatouille only to be sent out each time just before loading because it broke down. Major disappointment. The Dragon under the castle was a nice touch. I, honestly, do not remember them all, but, I will tell you this... anyone that thinks that things look shabby at WDW should pay a visit to DLP. Comparatively, WDW is pristine.

I should explain that the train is a double decker passenger car. When full many have to either stand on the landing by the door or on the stair way. On the train ride back to Paris later that night, when the train started up from one of the stops a lady was not hanging on tightly and fell down the stairs, I caught her before she hit the ground. What that caused is an aggravation of a tendinitis problem in my right arm that stayed with me the rest of the trip. But other then that there were no injuries.
View attachment 121342 View attachment 121344 View attachment 121345 View attachment 121346 View attachment 121343
Thay have BENCHES!!!!?? :eek:

catmom46

Thank you, Minnie.
Yes, I feel very fortunate and thank God every day for all the blessings he has bestowed on our family.
Some years are different than others. Even though all us boys are still local, my lil' sis and her family are in Lafayette, LA., so they don't make it every year. Although, everyone makes it to Christmas Eve (and usually at least part of Christmas day, as well) at mom and pops.
And yes, our Thanksgiving does kinda' resemble that Norman Rockwell painting, that's why I love it so much. ;) :)

You are truly blessed. I love my family dearly, but we are so far from a Rockwell painting. More like a Van Gogh self-portrait. :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom