The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

catmom46

Also, had the following conversation with my father the other day. There aren't any classes at either of my schools tomorrow, but I only have my Spanish class normally on Wednesdays.

Dad: Do you have any classes Wednesday?
Me: Nope.
Dad: What kind of school am I sending you to?
Me: Your alma mater for Spanish, which is my only Wednesday class.
Dad: Oh. Well then...
:hilarious:

funny-cat-picturs-talk-to-the-paw.jpg

catmom46

View attachment 120605 View attachment 120605 View attachment 120606 View attachment 120607

These were all written to either my mom or my grandmother by brothers, cousins, etc of my grandmother. There's also a bracelet from Paris, that I think was sent to my mom by her older brother: View attachment 120608

Edited to add, with all the letters, I put them with the envelope in the back so you can see the postal date on them. The first one is dated on the letter itself, but the later ones aren't.

Thanks for sharing! That Christmas letter is a cute way to keep spirits up.

donaldtoo

I'm back to watching my corny Hallmark Christmas movies. I have noticed that many of them are set in San Fransico for some reason. (Most have bought stock footage of the Golden Gate Bridge in bulk.) And I'm seeing a lot of the same actors in them over and over...and a lot of them are Canadian actors interestingly. Nevertheless, they do have a way of sucking me in. Watching Christmas at Cartwrights right now.

Yep, DWifey is a huge Hallmark Channel movie fan, especially this time of year. :)

betty rose

View attachment 120605 View attachment 120605 View attachment 120606 View attachment 120607

These were all written to either my mom or my grandmother by brothers, cousins, etc of my grandmother. There's also a bracelet from Paris, that I think was sent to my mom by her older brother: View attachment 120608

Edited to add, with all the letters, I put them with the envelope in the back so you can see the postal date on them. The first one is dated on the letter itself, but the later ones aren't.
Love these pictures, the bracelet is priceless. Thanks for sharing family heirlooms.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Also, had the following conversation with my father the other day. There aren't any classes at either of my schools tomorrow, but I only have my Spanish class normally on Wednesdays.

Dad: Do you have any classes Wednesday?
Me: Nope.
Dad: What kind of school am I sending you to?
Me: Your alma mater for Spanish, which is my only Wednesday class.
Dad: Oh. Well then...
:hilarious:
Seeing you don't have any classes tomorrow how about coming up to my house to help cook?

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
May I ask...do you stuff your bird with it or cook it separately? And if you cook it separately, may I have the recipe? I can't really get a turkey here, not without going to a specialty poultry shop about 30 mins from here, nor could we eat a whole turkey. But we also don't have stuffing here. I have a recipe, but it makes way too much and is not the best...I've had to tweak it to make it good, but it comes out different every time I make it. It would be nice to have a reliable recipe.

I cook my turkey both inside the bird and outside (in a crock pot). I guess I have a recipe, but I don't really measure and amounts can be changed depending on what I need. Here's how I make it.....I finely chop onion and celery and saute it until they are really soft in butter (at least a cup, perhaps more). While those are cooking, I put the dry bread cubes in a big bowl (I use one bag of herb seasoned and one bag unseasoned) and with the bread cubes I liberally salt and pepper it and pour in a can of chicken broth. I also season with dried sage, this I don't measure but I might start out with about a 1/2 tablespoon to 3/4 a tablespoon. Then I add the onions/celery and butter to the bread cubes. I mix it with a spoon and let the butter cool for a few minutes. Then I mush it up with my hands, added more broth, sage, salt and pepper as needed (I taste test as I go, my husband is my taster now, as I used to be the taster with my mom). Then I let it sit in the refrigerator over night so the flavors blend.

So there is my recipe of sorts.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member

Really cool, thanks for sharing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom