The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
At the London airport, it's been a crazy two weeks. We have walked and seen so much stuff. It was a ton of fun! I have taken a ton of pictures, I will start posting some after the 4th. I'm a little sad to leave but I'm ready to get home. I miss my shower and my dog. I would say dogs but our oldest dog (was my late moms dog) passed away while we were gone. We were kind of expecting him to go soon but it would have been nice to be with him at the end.
That's terrible. So sorry to hear about your doggy. :( Glad you had a good time though.

Figgy1

At the London airport, it's been a crazy two weeks. We have walked and seen so much stuff. It was a ton of fun! I have taken a ton of pictures, I will start posting some after the 4th. I'm a little sad to leave but I'm ready to get home. I miss my shower and my dog. I would say dogs but our oldest dog (was my late moms dog) passed away while we were gone. We were kind of expecting him to go soon but it would have been nice to be with him at the end.
Sympathy like. I'm so sorry for the loss of your loyal friend. Safe travels

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
I've never heard of nut leis.

Here you go:

Kukui_Nut_Lei_1-285x320.jpg

I had not heard of them either before coming here.

They are called Kukui nut leis. I looked up some info on them. They were originally worn by royalty, but now are worn by both men and women in formal settings (though here, I see them give the nut leis to men mostly and flower leis to women unless otherwise requested). They are painted, finished, and polished, and will last for years. Good alternative for those allergic to flowers when there are no fake alternatives around.

MinnieM123

Premium Member

Talk about a bittersweet return home. You had a wonderful vacation (can't wait to see your pix--you're a great photographer), but I was so sad to read that one of your little dogs passed away. Please accept my condolences.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I had not heard of them either before coming here.

They are called Kukui nut leis. I looked up some info on them. They were originally worn by royalty, but now are worn by both men and women in formal settings (though here, I see them give the nut leis to men mostly and flower leis to women unless otherwise requested). They are painted, finished, and polished, and will last for years. Good alternative for those allergic to flowers when there are no fake alternatives around.

Those are beautiful.

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
Pretty blue. Have you ever seen cliff diving while there?
No. There aren't really any good cliffs for it. Not on Oahu, anyway. Kauai would probably be where you would see that more. It is the oldest of the islands and has more cliffs leading to the ocean.

Closest thing I have see is locals jumping off rocks with signs that say, "Please stay off the rocks."

MinnieM123

Premium Member
No. There aren't really any good cliffs for it. Not on Oahu, anyway. Kauai would probably be where you would see that more. It is the oldest of the islands and has more cliffs leading to the ocean.

Closest thing I have see is locals jumping off rocks with signs that say, "Please stay off the rocks."

Hee, hee . . . reminds me of one of my brothers when he was about 12 years old. At that time, we lived not far from some quarries that had deep water. The quarries also had hidden rocks under the water. Well, of course . . . the local boys used to love to go there in summer, and jump off the quarry cliffs into the water below -- even though the town posted danger warning signs all over that area. (Oh, by the way, they also had to climb the "keep out" chain link fences to get to the quarries . . . :rolleyes:)

Figgy1

So what's everyone doing for the 4th? I just found out a little while ago I'm off tomorrow. So yay for that! Heading to GA ("home") in the morning to visit my family!
Congrats and safe travels. 4 day weekend for us. We have yard work to do both at home and my in laws. Food shopping for the army, but for fun we're getting out the smoker and having a BBQ with some of our neighbors. That reminds me I have to add a few rub spices to my shopping list. THNX

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom