The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Goofyernmost

I've never been asked except when we order one of our favs from Wendys , the chili. Every time the crew member asks if we want cheese on it, we decline. I get they are trying to upsell so we can spend more $$.
Chili is different, chili sometimes is served with cheese on it, but there is no such thing as a cheesy chili on the menu, but there is a cheeseburger on the menu. If anyone asked me about chili I would say yes please, however, if they asked me if I wanted cheese on a hamburger I would probably say, "did I ask for a cheeseburger"? It's really not much of an upsell, but I'm sure a lot of them come back and say "I asked for a cheeseburger and got a regular burger when they really just asked for a burger".
ironically they do the same with pizza
That one I understand. Not that long ago the basic pizza was always with cheese, but now with the advent of the Artisan Pizzas and the seemingly epidemic profusion of dairy allergies, asking is the safe way to make sure communication is understood.

Last edited:

Lilofan

Chili is different, chili sometimes is served with cheese on it, but there is no such thing as a cheesy chili on the menu, but there is a cheeseburger on the menu. If anyone asked me about chili I would say yes please, however, if they asked me if I wanted cheese on a hamburger I would probably say, "did I ask for a cheeseburger"? It's really not much of an upsell, but I'm sure a lot of them come back and say "I asked for a cheeseburger and got a regular burger when they really just asked for a burger".
True but years ago when I went to Steak N Shake they have got a menu item called something like Chili 5 Way which includes grated cheese. Its tasty , the chili a little too sweet , I prefer good ol' Wendys. Now if only Dave the founder could have added hot dogs to the Wendys menu, chili dogs would be my go to meal.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom