The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

seahawk7

I think my issue is I'm short. Cars are not for the most part designed for people like me. Even in the Escape there are more blind spots with the seat pulled up that far then there are with the seat back a bit. When driving a car I can rarely see the trunk, usually just the bottom of the glass of the rear window. Sometimes if the car is a boat I cant see the end of the hood either. In the TownCar at least there was a hood ornament and those seat went up and down vertically, my truck did that too. When my DS bought his new car a few months ago I drove it, couldn't see the trunk at all. I get to know my cars so in time I have better judgement with them. We all have our own assigned cars so we don't trade off very often.

But hey at least I don't have to worry about hitting a bump and hitting my head on the roof right? ;)
It's the little things that count. Sorry, pun intended.

seahawk7

Incredible!! :joyfull: And, do you know that my first thought was "Disney" when I saw those? Now, I'm not insinuating that they are exactly like the famous Mary Blair mosaics, but just the upbeat designs and colors reminded me of hers as well. (To this day, my favorite will always be her one in the Contemporary concourse area.)
To me, they resembled The Land. Like by Sunshine Seasons.

seahawk7

Wait a minute! I say, wait a minute! I'm crying FOUL here! :eek: That's not fair--they can't switch scales on you midstream. According to my expert mathematical calculations, I figure that if you believe you really lost 20, and they break out some two-bit scale of theirs and it says 9 down, my calculation is that you really lost about 13-14 pounds, not 9. Two scales can't be THAT much different, so the truth must lay somewhere in the middle; hence, you lost up to 14 pounds. Dr. MinnieM123 has spoken, and you can take that to the bank.
Are you accepting new patients because I want you to be my new doctor.

seahawk7

1636cd450202ebe382006d39c7e16b365cb94236.jpg

Darker green the better. World's Happiest Countries. Obviously, some of this is taken with a grain of salt. The US is at #15.
  1. Switzerland
  2. Iceland
  3. Denmark
  4. Norway
  5. Canada
  6. Finland
  7. The Netherlands
  8. Sweden
  9. New Zealand
  10. Australia
What's the criteria they are using to measure happiness?

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I wish I had taken a "before" photo.

About 6 months ago, Hubby moved the floor model t.v. down to the rec room, commandeered our bedroom t.v., and spread all of his electronic carp across my antique wash stand (um ... NO!), the smaller of the silver leaf nesting tables, and a third side table made of wood and glass - of which he smashed the glass.
I begged him to buy some kind of proper entertainment stand, as the mess was keeping me up at night.

So, on Tuesday, I went to Costco and bought the stand; spent 3 hours each Wednesday and Thursday putting it together - ALL BY MYSELF!

Yesterday, after he left, I moved the other stands/tables back to their right locations, and hooked up his t.v. (He'll have to hook up everything else tomorrow.)
And oh yeah, I ordered a new piece of glass.

This is so much more tidy.

View attachment 90829
View attachment 90830

That looks really nice, Jennifer. Good job.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Walt always has a bandanna around his neck, beyond that he never has worn clothing or had his nails painted, nor is he sporting any Tattooes.

I think the bandanna on Walt is so cute!! My vet said that in very cold weather, it's not a bad idea to put one of those doggie sweaters on them (in zero & sub-zero temps). Also, the booties are a good idea, just to protect their paw pads from the abrasive road salt. I also notice the dog sled racers will often put booties on their dogs, to keep their paws from freezing in the snow and ice.

Or, we could do what @Goofyernmost suggested: move down South! (Never happen--we love winter!!) :p

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom