The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

I just cannot imagine spending that much money on that kind of thing. I mean, you could buy a whole neighborhood for that. I don't know what I'd do if I had money, but I clearly wouldn't make a good rich person 😂😂
I'd make a horrible rich person! I am too cheap. I LOVED the Haunted Mansion spirit jersey last year...there was only one left and it was in my size, but it was $60 and I thought that was just too much for a sweatshirt. Even a glow-in-the-dark one. I would have bought it if it had a zipper, but as a pull over, it was just too much. I doubt rich people think like that. What do they care whether it has a zipper or how much it costs?

Songbird76

I grew up low/mid class, and even now I still tend to be frugal... I always think to myself...if I came into money, I wouldn't just go blow it... I wouldn't buy a mansion.. I would buy a new normal house maybe... not much if any bigger than I have now because I can't keep it clean as is!

So many people win money and then just blow it all.... it boggles my mind!
I would want a bigger house because ours is small. Our house is considered a "starter house".....it's not meant to be your last house. It's meant to be someone's first home until they can afford more. So if I had money, I'd want slightly bigger bedrooms....one where I could actually fit all our furniture. We have a queen bed and it just barely fits with our night stands. And A's room is tiny tiny. There's really only one way to fit the bed, and then there's enough room for a dresser on the opposite wall and about 1.5 feet of walking space between them. And I'd like one extra room in case we had company....I think I'd like a house where the master bedroom had an en suite, so we'd have 2 bathrooms. And I'd want a kitchen in which two people could pass each other without having to suck in the gut. So....4 bedroom, 2 bath, and a kitchen with an island. That's about it. And if I had that kind of money, I might spring for someone else to come clean it once a week. That's pretty much the extent of my dreams of luxury.

Rista1313

I would want a bigger house because ours is small. Our house is considered a "starter house".....it's not meant to be your last house. It's meant to be someone's first home until they can afford more. So if I had money, I'd want slightly bigger bedrooms....one where I could actually fit all our furniture. We have a queen bed and it just barely fits with our night stands. And A's room is tiny tiny. There's really only one way to fit the bed, and then there's enough room for a dresser on the opposite wall and about 1.5 feet of walking space between them. And I'd like one extra room in case we had company....I think I'd like a house where the master bedroom had an en suite, so we'd have 2 bathrooms. And I'd want a kitchen in which two people could pass each other without having to suck in the gut. So....4 bedroom, 2 bath, and a kitchen with an island. That's about it. And if I had that kind of money, I might spring for someone else to come clean it once a week. That's pretty much the extent of my dreams of luxury.
Sounds perfect... and what we need too.. plus a big pole barn out back for all Scott's crap!

Songbird76

Sounds perfect... and what we need too.. plus a big pole barn out back for all Scott's crap!
Oh yeah....I forgot about storage. This house has very little. Most houses have an attic here(no basements), but ours does not. We have three closets upstairs, one of which we converted into a laundry closet. It's just big enough for the stacked washer and dryer, with the detergent next to it. The door won't close because of the laundry basket in front of it, but it suffices. One of the other closets holds the towels and cleaning supplies, the other holds the bedding. Then there's the meter closet downstairs where we keep the vaccuum and the broom, mop, etc. Then there's one closet under the stairs that has my baking pans because those won't fit in the kitchen, and it also holds the extra stuff like mayo, peanut butter, and oil for when the one in the kitchen runs out. And one closet in the dining room that we call the "treat closet" because we keep the junk food on the one shelf there. It also has the wrapping paper and a ton of my scentsy candles and holders. That's it for storage. We bought a bed with storage underneath because we had no more room. We do have a shed, but it's packed so full that it all toppled over and we can't even get into it right now. It has all my childhood stuff like my cabbage patch dolls, and it has all our tools and Christmas decorations/tree. We should really go through it and toss a bunch and clean it up. But yeah, we need more storage. Or we just need to get rid of a bunch of crap!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom