The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Beautiful! Did you take these while you were on a walk? What's with the yellow caution tape around the gazebo??

Yes I did. Thanks. I'm bored out of my wits and basically all we are permitted to do is exercise outdoors and even limits on that. So I walk 'till I can bike. So I just keep taking pictures around my neighborhood as I walk and listen to AM radio. :bored:

The playgrounds are forbidden because of social distancing as are the picnic shelters. That gazebo has picnic tables in it thus the yellow tape. That popped up Monday morning after gathers were happening by young and old in these picnic areas.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Our local mayor decided to close the parking lots at the nature conservation area (note: they're always locked down at night, regardless). Especially for people who live a distance, they can drive there, park, and enjoy one of the very few activities people can do now. People only parked in the lots, and they weren't partying, etc. 🤦‍♀️

Hence, the displaced walkers, hikers, etc. then decided to park all around the side streets -- which, of course, then ticked off some locals, due to their own limited parking space on side streets. 🤦‍♀️

So now there's a range war going on . . . :p with (a few) people yelling at each other, etc., and forgetting about the social distancing . . . in the heat of the battle . . . :rolleyes:

I know it's hard for our elected officials to figure out solutions, but I honestly do with they'd just stay the heck out of some things that don't require any "solution"!!! :banghead:

Last edited:

Songbird76

They don't give you a chance to put away your groceries at the register if you don't have a cart
How do they stop you though? I've never been to one in the US, but the ones here have a VERY small counter after the scanner, so you kind of HAVE to start putting things in a cart or bags as they are scanned or they can't scan more. I buy very little at Aldi because they don't have much selection and they don't carry most of the things I use, but I have a grocery bag on wheels, so I just put stuff directly into that once they are scanned. But I think the most I ever have there is fewer than 5 items, so it's not a huge deal. But what do they do there if you are still putting your stuff in your bags? It's not like they can make you pay and then not let you take the items you bought. So you have to be able to put them away.

FutureCEO

Our local mayor decided to close the parking lots at the nature conservation area (note: they're always locked down at night, regardless). Especially for people who live a distance, they can drive there, park, and enjoy one of the very few activities people can do now. People only parked in the lots, and they weren't partying, etc. 🤦‍♀️

Hence, the displaced walkers, hikers, etc. then decided to park all around the side streets -- which, of course, then ticked off some locals, due to their own limited parking space on side streets. 🤦‍♀️

So now there's a range war going on . . . :p with (a few) people yelling at each other, etc., and forgetting about the social distancing . . . in the heat of the battle . . . :rolleyes:

I know it's hard for our elected officials to figure out solutions, but I honestly do with they'd just stay the heck out of some things that don't require any "solution"!!! :banghead:

Basically they are just making it up as we go along. Of course it would've helped every country had a few things been done earlier but we won't get into that.

MySmallWorldof4

My oldest son called frantic(always thinks the worst) the 7 month old was running a fever and had cough and loose stole with some blood in it. His mom (nurse) calmed him down they got him to the doc and ran a bunch of tests got the results today and slightly anemic and has case of salmonella. Doc asked if he had dog yep --most likely source. All is well thank goodness.
Oh that is terrible. I hope the baby will get better soon. Salmonella is a rough one. That is why I make sure our dogs don’t lick our faces. I always say to my kids that the dogs lick their bottoms and then lick them. Love the dogs, just not the licking.

MySmallWorldof4

In other news.. people are really attacking 5g Towers believing they some moron started to claim they cause coronavirus?
I mean.. really????
View attachment 461718
The radiation from them is supposed to be very dangerous. Many people living near them where they have recently been put up have complained about getting very strong headaches and other issues. There have been other things said as well about wildlife.
Honestly, I wouldn’t want to live near a 5G tower.

John park hopper

Oh that is terrible. I hope the baby will get better soon. Salmonella is a rough one. That is why I make sure our dogs don’t lick our faces. I always say to my kids that the dogs lick their bottoms and then lick them. Love the dogs, just not the licking.
The grandson is doing well, (my son the worrier immediately though corona) he is eating and drinking keeping him hydrated is the big thing. They have a golden retriever and also a 2 year old boy so I'm sure he picked it up from dog toys or the dog directly. They cleaned the house and will keep the dog away.

SteveBrickNJ

What will her major be? She got to choose her classes early!! We didn't get to pick ours until Summer I don't think.
She will be a Communications Major....general track....end game graduating with a B.S. in Communications
I was surprised that her college stuck to the original schedule of selecting courses.
I thought Covid-19 might push it back.
Yet since it is an electronic process ( and would have been even if there was no Covid) , they just went ahead as per the original schedule.
Thanks for kindly asking about my daughter and have a great day!

Last edited:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
The grandson is doing well, (my son the worrier immediately though corona) he is eating and drinking keeping him hydrated is the big thing. They have a golden retriever and also a 2 year old boy so I'm sure he picked it up from dog toys or the dog directly. They cleaned the house and will keep the dog away.

I am glad that your grandson is doing better. I read a study once about the health of adults who had pets as a child and those that did not and the study showed that adults that had pets, especially dogs, as children had a better immune system to those that did not. I thought that was interesting, although a lot of other factors could be in play there too.

Songbird76

So, last night my family decided to watch Onward on Disney+. I have been debating about whether or not I wanted to watch it because of the fiasco with the Vanicorn Artist, but decided since we already pay for Disney+, I'm not giving them any extra money by watching it there. I had heard it was coming out April 3rd. We sit down in front of the TV, but we can't find Onward. I did a search, and it came up with no results. So DH and A decided to watch some Star Wars stuff while E and I came upstairs to watch Girl Meets World. We get on my computer, and the banner across the top is for Onward. WHAT? Why could I find it on the laptop, but it wasn't on the TV?

So I have been wanting to watch Flight of the Navigator for ages, but it's not on the Dutch Disney+. We thought maybe the Windscribe was working and we were pulling in the American Disney+, so we did a search for it, but it wasn't there...it really was the Dutch site, but for some reason the TV has different stuff.

So, I was wondering, would someone in the US look and see if you have all the old Parent Trap movies? The sequels? I loved those as a kid, but our Disney+ doesn't have them. I'm just curious if you do. Thanks!

StarWarsGirl

So, last night my family decided to watch Onward on Disney+. I have been debating about whether or not I wanted to watch it because of the fiasco with the Vanicorn Artist, but decided since we already pay for Disney+, I'm not giving them any extra money by watching it there. I had heard it was coming out April 3rd. We sit down in front of the TV, but we can't find Onward. I did a search, and it came up with no results. So DH and A decided to watch some Star Wars stuff while E and I came upstairs to watch Girl Meets World. We get on my computer, and the banner across the top is for Onward. WHAT? Why could I find it on the laptop, but it wasn't on the TV?

So I have been wanting to watch Flight of the Navigator for ages, but it's not on the Dutch Disney+. We thought maybe the Windscribe was working and we were pulling in the American Disney+, so we did a search for it, but it wasn't there...it really was the Dutch site, but for some reason the TV has different stuff.

So, I was wondering, would someone in the US look and see if you have all the old Parent Trap movies? The sequels? I loved those as a kid, but our Disney+ doesn't have them. I'm just curious if you do. Thanks!
Just the original and the remake. Not the sequels.

Disney+ is still glitchy; I'm not shocked you couldn't find it.

Cesar R M

The radiation from them is supposed to be very dangerous. Many people living near them where they have recently been put up have complained about getting very strong headaches and other issues. There have been other things said as well about wildlife.
Honestly, I wouldn’t want to live near a 5G tower.
really? I remember they said similar things of microwaves and phones.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom