The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
The yellow tape is around and blocking anything that is considered a gathering place for people. Some states, yellow tape, the benches as well. I can't tell if that one is and just being ignored.

All our playgrounds are roped off but I see kids jumping the fencing and yellow tape all the time. As an adult I'm like WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT, but if I'm being honest, as a kid I likely would have done the same thing. Like how we jumped off the bridges we weren't allowed to and swam in the swimming holes that were not allowed.

Songbird76

The yellow tape is around and blocking anything that is considered a gathering place for people. Some states, yellow tape, the benches as well. I can't tell if that one is and just being ignored.
Ah, thank you. That could explain it. They aren't doing that here. They are restricting the numbers of people who can access parks and forested areas at one time, but I haven't seen anything roped off. Then again, I've only been out twice in the last week to get groceries and haven't been anywhere but the grocery store and drug store, so I wouldn't have seen if if they did have things taped off.

Songbird76

All our playgrounds are roped off but I see kids jumping the fencing and yellow tape all the time. As an adult I'm like WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT, but if I'm being honest, as a kid I likely would have done the same thing. Like how we jumped off the bridges we weren't allowed to and swam in the swimming holes that were not allowed.
Are there restrictions for kids playing together? They have made an exception here for children in regards to social distancing. Kids under 12 are exempt from the restrictions. Parents at the playgrounds are required to keep the minimum distance from others, but the kids can play normally. There are always kids at the playground around the corner....I can hear them right now out my window.

MouseDreaming

Are there restrictions for kids playing together? They have made an exception here for children in regards to social distancing. Kids under 12 are exempt from the restrictions. Parents at the playgrounds are required to keep the minimum distance from others, but the kids can play normally. There are always kids at the playground around the corner....I can hear them right now out my window.
Yes, there are. And the more that comes out about asymptomatic spread, the more I would question excluding kids. Kids are not immune to this. Maybe trying to establish herd immunity? Although, they are going to bring it back to whoever else is in the house.

MouseDreaming

Alright, fellow shoppers! I am trying to put together a week worth of menus as a starting point, and I am stumped. I am not sure what to make for Easter. Ham is not an option. Normally, we would do lamb, but I don't want someone else to pick it for me. I think I might try Thanksgiving dinner for Easter. But, that isn't really wowing me, either.

FutureCEO

Alright, fellow shoppers! I am trying to put together a week worth of menus as a starting point, and I am stumped. I am not sure what to make for Easter. Ham is not an option. Normally, we would do lamb, but I don't want someone else to pick it for me. I think I might try Thanksgiving dinner for Easter. But, that isn't really wowing me, either.

Ohhhh Thanksgiving is my favorite meal.

Why?

Chorizo stuffing and double baked potatoes.

FutureCEO

I had to look up what instacart is. Does the grocery store have a delivery option? Ours normally does, but either they've disabled it, or they are completely booked.

At least near my house; Stop and Shop, Instacart and WalMart is two weeks. Well, WalMart stopped delivery or doesn't have it near me and pickup times are full and I don't feel like logging in and out all the time just to see if slots open up.

Ironically, the only time I've been in an Adli's I didn't like it because of the way they herd you out. But now I'm shopping online there because prices are double online where I shop.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member

Kids can get really sick from this. We've had an infant die, and a few kids, too. Plus they can be carriers. PLUS there's evidence that the virus can live on the playground equipment for hours.

Kids are not exempt from social distancing, and all the playgrounds are closed in our state. And I agree with the previous point about them being carriers, as well. That's why we pulled A out of school before daycares officially shut down.

Even if she didn't die from Corona, the thought of A having a severe reaction and being in the hospital with all those other sick people and I'm not allowed to visit her for weeks... no thanks. Not worth the risk, imo.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom