The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

I knew that 😉. Was just giving everyone else a chance 😁
giphy.gif

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
A new carpet shampooer arrived today. The cheapest one I ever bought. $100 and it worked better than any one I had had before. I was tired of spending money on them just to have them stop working after a couple of years. This one was so easy to maneuver and clean. My carpets were dirtier than I thought. :hungover: Now they are fresh and smelling good!

We are getting a new area rug maybe I'll have to invest in a cheap shampooer. What one did you get?

MinnieM123

Premium Member
This is first for me I actually did my Christmas cards yesterday out of boredom --stuck in the house --cold windy and raining. My usual MO is wait till the last minute. Am I alone ?

No, many of us put off sending out cards. However, I did actually get some Christmas stamps at the post office last weekend. (Pats self on the back for that one ahead of time . . . :inlove: ) But I don't have any cards. I guess I gotta get cards . . . :hilarious:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
The wife will tape them to the side of the jelly cabinet in the form of a Christmas tree and everything --tree, decorations, cards come down Jan 1. Christmas card list is getting shorter, I don't think people send them out like they used too-- cost of a stamps 55 cents --adds up

Deja vu as a kid . . . my parents used to send out over 200 cards each Christmas. (Many of them were my father's business associates.)

It was a production. We had an assembly line. My father was in charge of the "master list" of names and addresses. (Anyone who hadn't sent us a card the previous Christmas was unceremoniously dumped off the list. ;) ) My mother would hand write the addresses, and sign the inside of the cards. My 3 siblings and I would stuff the envelopes, seal them, and put on a stamp. Big holiday thrills. :p

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I used to spend a lot on cards. Hallmark used to have a site where you could upload your photos into a card template they had online. There were a gazilion choices. Then they would address and mail them from an address book you had online. It was so easy. Now I just get some random pictures taken throughout the year and use Walmart's photo processing. I pick them up about an hour later.

Sometimes I buy my cards at Target -- $7.00 a box. Not bad. :D (We're not talking high quality, but they're o.k.)

Goofyernmost

This is at a hotel. I already met with the HR and Finance director (HR was a suit jacket and Finance was casual) and now I'm meeting with the GM.
I don't know if you said what type of job you are interviewing for. That would dictate what you chose to wear to this, casual or not. If you are going for a management or potential management position, than suit and tie. If it is as, for example, an office clerk that wouldn't have exposure to the public, then business casual will do.
But, you will never have the experience of holding a tiny human who has diarrhea leaking out of their diaper and running to the child care center at HS. ;) (This happens while you leave a diarrhea trail. :hilarious:) Those darn diapers don't hold a human explosion.;)
I never experienced that because I never went until those tiny humans were at least 6 years old before I would go. That said, having done both, with children and an equal number of years without them, I have to say that it was all more fun and memorable when there as a family w/children, giving the ability to ride a "kids" ride with the children and not feel out of place. (not that it ever stopped me anyway)
No, many of us put off sending out cards. However, I did actually get some Christmas stamps at the post office last weekend. (Pats self on the back for that one ahead of time . . . :inlove: ) But I don't have any cards. I guess I gotta get cards . . . :hilarious:
This year I did something I have never done before. I went to the Dollar Tree store and bought all my cards (last years Hallmark's) for $1.00 each. I bought 9 special cards for family and a box of 20 assorted cards for another $1.00. So for $10.00 I purchased cards that last year cost me about $75.00. Not sorry! I'm leaning heavily on "It's the thought that counts".

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom