The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I'm totally torn. We're celebrating Thanksgiving over the weekend not on the actual holiday so I'm thinking about going out shopping on "Black "Friday. I cannot tell you how much I hate that it's been moved to the actual holiday but James need jeans. Decisions, decisions:banghead::banghead::banghead:

What the what?! Why Thanksgiving after Thanksgiving?! o_O

Then you said Black Friday was moved to Thanksgiving, itself? I'm so confused! :jawdrop:

Figgy1

Premium Member
What the what?! Why Thanksgiving after Thanksgiving?! o_O

Then you said Black Friday was moved to Thanksgiving, itself? I'm so confused! :jawdrop:
What stores are calling Black Friday sales have been starting on Thanksgiving evening for a while. I hate the idea of encouraging them but James' favorite jeans are going to be half price. I miss the days of 3 am on Friday stats to the sales

MinnieM123

Premium Member
What stores are calling Black Friday sales have been starting on Thanksgiving evening for a while. I hate the idea of encouraging them but James' favorite jeans are going to be half price. I miss the days of 3 am on Friday stats to the sales

Oh, o.k. See, in my state, we still have the Blue Laws. I think the stores can't open until 12 AM (which would be Friday morning).

MinnieM123

Premium Member
@figmentfan423 , just another thought here -- if you looked around (checking the internet, that is), couldn't you find a similar deal on the jeans that James wants? My guess is that a bunch of retailers (brick and mortar, as well as online) may be offering these pop up "deals" at any point now, up through Black Friday. They're all competing for our dollars. Just trying to spare you the angst of heading out for an "in-person" yucky experience of Black Friday mobs.

Figgy1

Premium Member
@figmentfan423 , just another thought here -- if you looked around (checking the internet, that is), couldn't you find a similar deal on the jeans that James wants? My guess is that a bunch of retailers (brick and mortar, as well as online) may be offering these pop up "deals" at any point now, up through Black Friday. They're all competing for our dollars. Just trying to spare you the angst of heading out for an "in-person" yucky experience of Black Friday mobs.
I've been looking with no luck so far generally don't mind the mobs at that store. I wish I could send the guys by themselves but they'd come home with things not on the list. :cautious:

Goofyernmost

The Impala may have gone over 80 but I never drove it over the legal speed limit.
My first NEW car was a 1970 Buick Skylark. Driving on the interstate one day I decided I wanted to see how fast it would go. I put the peddle to the metal and it seemed to take forever to get from 65 to 100 mph. I stopped there because those were the days of the bias ply tires and the thing started to shake really badly, so my racing days ceased right there. I have been up to 90 recently with my VW with no shaking at all. Just smooth and that didn't take long to get there. Those turbo's are magical.
I was passing a line of cars and as usual, here in the south, people tailgate all the time regardless of speed. My exit was coming up an no one would leave me enough room to get back in line, so I called the turbo to duty and took care of the problem quickly. I have to admit that I felt young again at least for a moment. 🥳 To put it all in perspective though the speed limit in many places around here is 75 mph, so 80 is just cruising speed a lot of the time.

Goofyernmost

@93boomer , Oh boy, a car trip! It's been well over a year since I've been on one. (We keep patching up the old jalopy, and more or less keep it running for our local activities.) If it's going to break down, I'd prefer it be closer to home, than hundreds of miles away! ;)

Safe travels to you and Mr. Boomer, and enjoy the scenery along the way! :happy:
It is quite economical to rent a car for such a thing. If you have no car payments at all then those banger's are great locally. But, since you have no car payments you can easily afford a week or so rental. Shop around, within reason, they are all new (ish) cars that are rented out. It is a very competitive market. And be on your way, that is what retirement is for, being idle in a new place, road trips fit that perfectly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom