The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

This is totally my fault for how I typed it, but I do need to explain that water situation quickly.

T plays Left Wing. This age is 7v7- 6 field players, 1 GK.... This age plays two 25 minute halves, 5 minute halftime..and in our coach’s formation there’s a left and right defense positions, a center defense/mid, a striker, two wings. Left & Right Wings are offensive and defensive players., meaning they run back and help defense, but also carry the ball and shoot. Basically midfielders but in an offense position. This means they sprint back towards their own goal after the other team wins possession/goal kick Etc. Getting the ball and carrying it up front to set up an assist or score themselves. Running the most out of any other position.

By the end of the second half in that hot game (they did have water at half time) a few of the boys, including T, were completely spent. The coach yelled for him to get back, and you could see that he could no longer sprint and steal or stop the ball from a defensive position.

I, along with the majority of parents, strongly disagree with not subbing those boys out, along with the center mid..those 3 positions had boys who clearly could not continue at full force. Which in most of our opinions is the reason why the team lost after dominating the rest of the game. I think they could/should have had at least a two minute break to rehydrate and rest., especially when we had an available player on the bench, but I can’t go as far as calling it child abuse.

I hope this makes sense in the way I described the scenario.
This still can lead to injuries. Over-working in sports can cause the muscles to start to shred themselves.
Its a well known issue with pro players.

I swear I'm getting flashbacks from that famous movie of John Voig.. where he was a ruthless coach seeking for fame and prime.
Everyone let him have his way, even cops allowed his players to be idiots.
Worst was when the players started to notice how the coach was so focused on winning and not caring about anything.
Like asking players with broken bones to get a "quick fix" and a "shot" to keep them playing. Even if it meaned risking losing their future forever.
Not that the coach cared, he just wanted HIS trophy.

by the end, they reveled and tossed the coach out.

Last edited:

21stamps

This still can lead to injuries. Over-working in sports can cause the muscles to start to shred themselves.
Its a well known issue with pro players.

I swear I'm getting flashbacks from that famous movie of John Voig.. where he was a ruthless coach seeking for fame and prime.
Everyone let him have his way, even cops allowed his players to be idiots.
Worst was when the players started to notice how the coach was so focused on winning and not caring about anything.
Like asking players with broken bones to get a "quick fix" and a "shot" to keep players but risking losing their future forever.
Not that the coach cared, he just wanted HIS trophy.

Was that a football (🏈) movie? I think I remember that. A kid was getting shots and then wasn’t able to play in college as a result.. if I’m remembering correctly.

T is in danger of injuries and I tell him this all of the time. He doesn’t stretch enough!!! He’s on a mission to “get an epic 6 pack and big arm muscles”. Does pushups, planks, and lunges every day. Wants to start weight training. But he is horrible about stretching!!! His calves are so tight right now, I threatened to pull him from sports unless he starts doing yoga with me every morning.. big muscles and 6 packs don’t matter if you can’t move. I told him he could get injured and miss out on an entire season. If he doesn’t get it together then I’m going to make him go to PT, which he doesn’t want to do.

One good thing about his coach is that he runs through the entire FIFA 11+ at every practice and game.. but I watch my son half-doing it.. caring more about getting to the other side first instead of proper toe touches etc. Which doesn’t help him at all!!

Cesar R M

Was that a football (🏈) movie? I think I remember that. A kid was getting shots and then wasn’t able to play in college as a result.. if I’m remembering correctly.

T is in danger of injuries and I tell him this all of the time. He doesn’t stretch enough!!! He’s on a mission to “get an epic 6 pack and big arm muscles”. Does pushups, planks, and lunges every day. Wants to start weight training. But he is horrible about stretching!!! His calves are so tight right now, I threatened to pull him from sports unless he starts doing yoga with me every morning.. big muscles and 6 packs don’t matter if you can’t move. I told him he could get injured and miss out on an entire season. If he doesn’t get it together then I’m going to make him go to PT, which he doesn’t want to do.

One good thing about his coach is that he runs through the entire FIFA 11+ at every practice and game.. but I watch my son half-doing it.. caring more about getting to the other side first instead of proper toe touches etc. Which doesn’t help him at all!!
Yes, it is..
the movie is :
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0139699/

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
what month? Is it a scheduled refurb, or possibility that it may open during that time?

It looks like because in 2010 they did a refurb from Jan 1 to Feb 27 that they're predicting the same in 2020. But most refurbs for Splash are done by the end of January.

This makes me so sad. Happy birthday, A :(

(and yes, I realize how self centered this pity party is, I'm just still processing how greatly that changes everything)

Rista1313

It looks like because in 2010 they did a refurb from Jan 1 to Feb 27 that they're predicting the same in 2020. But most refurbs for Splash are done by the end of January.

(and yes, I realize how self centered this pity party is, I'm just still processing how greatly that changes everything)

awww poor kiddo. I'm sure you will pre-prepare her for it though, to smooth the hurt =/

ETA: I predict more small world for you.

21stamps

It’s not self centered!!! It’s completely understandable!! Could you plan something special to say “Splash is closed, so I planned this for us!”?

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
awww poor kiddo. I'm sure you will pre-prepare her for it though, to smooth the hurt =/

ETA: I predict more small world for you.
It’s not self centered!!! It’s completely understandable!! Could you plan something special to say “Splash is closed, so I planned this for us!”?

There isn't anything at Disney she loves as much as this ride. I was trying to figure out how to get her on it five times because it was her fifth birthday. I'll ask her tonight if she would still want to go to Disney without Splash, but she REALLY loves Splash.

I either have to choose to have her birthday at MK and let that be special but no splash, or no birthday at MK and change the trip dates but yes splash :(

21stamps

There isn't anything at Disney she loves as much as this ride. I was trying to figure out how to get her on it five times because it was her fifth birthday. I'll ask her tonight if she would still want to go to Disney without Splash, but she REALLY loves Splash.

I either have to choose to have her birthday at MK and let that be special but no splash, or no birthday at MK and change the trip dates but yes splash :(

What about a pirate adventure cruise and then a brunch when you pick her up? Would she enjoy something like that?
Or getting dressed up and doing a tea date?
Would she only want to do MK on her actual birthday?

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
What about a pirate adventure cruise and then a brunch when you pick her up? Would she enjoy something like that?
Or getting dressed up and doing a tea date?
Would she only want to do MK on her actual birthday?
@dryerlintfan Is Early Morning Magic available for that day? This would be an amazing experience and may compensate by being able to do the Fantasyland rides over and over til she’s sick of them.

None of that works. We'd be flying in that morning. We were planning one day MK and one day SW and then drive to KSC. It's not a long trip. Just one night.

And we have a tea room in our town so if that's what I'm going to do for her birthday, I might as well just stay home, LOL. Which now looks like it will be the smarter decision. Without Splash, I'm not sure there's even a point in a Disney bday trip.

21stamps

None of that works. We'd be flying in that morning. We were planning one day MK and one day SW and then drive to KSC. It's not a long trip. Just one night.

And we have a tea room in our town so if that's what I'm going to do for her birthday, I might as well just stay home, LOL. Which now looks like it will be the smarter decision. Without Splash, I'm not sure there's even a point in a Disney bday trip.

I understand. Talk to her and let her make the choice.. she might surprise you!

@21stamps are there any similar rides in Ohio? There's a Charlie Brown log ride at KI, right?

Yes, it’s close to the same thing but all outdoors and without the theming (and a much smaller boat).. the ride itself is actually more fun than Splash Mountain, in mine and T’s opinions.. but again, it doesn’t have the theme and the music.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
I understand. Talk to her and let her make the choice.. she might surprise you!

Yes, it’s close to the same thing but all outdoors and without the theming (and a much smaller boat).. the ride itself is actually more fun than Splash Mountain, in mine and T’s opinions.. but again, it doesn’t have the theme and the music.

Are there any others that you know of?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom