Trip Report The CDC now recommends that you read this TR.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
I headed back to the room for checkout. Then I drove over to BWV

Room wasn't ready and I couldn't park hop yet. C had decided that I would try something new and told me to head over to Riviera. Shortly after I was on the riff Raff Express

20220118_121855.jpg

I needed a beer first.

20220118_123150.jpg

My first impressions of Riveria were better than I expected. Seriously. It's quite nice.

20220118_123743.jpg

C wanted to try out one of the lounge/bar areas for food and drinks. Who am I to decline such a tempting offer.

I went to Bar Riva.

I'll say this, and please take it with some weight. This place may very well rival Crews Cup Lounge for me. If you know me, you know CC was our favorite. They've butchered their menu and I've been on a quest to.find a proper substitute. This place may be it.

The food was AMAZING.

20220118_132420.jpg

20220118_132925.jpg

The service was top drawer. Chris, the bartender was awesome.and he recommended the chicken sandwich. They make their foccacia bread in house and let me tell you it was ridiculously soft and delicious. Same for the fries. They make them in house and they were outstanding.

20220118_132409.jpg

I also love that they serve 1664 on tap.

I even had Shirley status in the restroom ( @Tuvalu)

20220118_132604.jpg

Last edited:

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
I got the room ready text shortly after finishing lunch and headed back to BWV.

We booked a 1 br villa, pool/garden view. I guess this qualifies as "pool" view 😁

20220118_160558.jpg

20220118_160530.jpg

20220118_160558.jpg

The balcony is nice. I Iike the extendo balcony.

20220118_160942.jpg

I sanitized the room (lest C drives down and beats me with a stick) then stocked the fridge.

This is for you, Sean.

20220118_161623.jpg

20220118_161630.jpg

Attachments

• 20220118_160607.jpg
    20220118_160607.jpg
    313.2 KB · Views: 73

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
I headed over to HS. The sun was setting as I strolled along the Disney Chanel

20220118_174721.jpg

Minnie amd Donald were greeting everyone.

20220118_175403.jpg

Here's the backside of Gert

20220118_175646.jpg

Amd first up.was Star Tours. I was not the spy. In the decades I've been visiting MGM/HS I've never been the spy.

And you know what?? , I don't wanna be the stupid spy. It's stupid. Stupid AT-AT
20220118_175927.jpg

Last edited:

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
After Star Tours I went over ToT. I forgot to mention abkut using Genie+. I used it for ToT.

I stopped at Baseline for a beer to have as I walked over. I got the Sierra Nevada Hazy Lil Thang

20220118_183323.jpg

20220118_183807.jpg
20220118_185410.jpg

I still.havent gotten my photo sent to the app so above is the one I took. Can you find me? I summoned @Darstarr 's creepy stalker powers and used them on the gentlemen beside me.

After that I strolled the shops looking for a hoodoe or cool.jacket. I came across this little number. If your a gang member of the bloods, Disney has an outfit for you.

20220118_185916.jpg

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
I finished the evening at Runaway Railway. Wait wasn't too bad. I didn't use Lightning Lane.

20220118_195747.jpg

The ride is growing on me and we actually were the last car to leave the room where Daisy has you dancing and I got to hear the wicked witch laugh. It was pretty cool.

I headed back to the resort and stopped by big river for a nightcap. And by nightcap I'm talking about 8:45 PM cause that's late in 9000's

20220118_212110.jpg

The empty glass was a Mexican logger that was very good. I believe it was 5.5%. The full glass was the Indian IPA. Kind of racist for the name lol just kidding but it was a good beer and I believe it was around 7% . Like my good friend @Darstarr would say, "racist beer names, sailors delight".

20220118_215544.jpg

Full moon over the Broadwalk.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Some thoughts on Genie +.

I did not mention it too often in regards to yesterday because I did not get to utilize it to its full potential. Being that I had to leave magic kingdom and head back to the resort for check out and then wait for my room at boardwalk to be ready I couldn't park hop until after 2 PM.

I did use it for at 4 2 rides in the morning at magic kingdom. But then I was not able to use it until I got to Hollywood studios which was around 6 PM. I purchased it again for today since I'll have a full day at epcot and then probably head over to magic kingdom later.

Already frustrated with it this morning though. I was up and logged in at 7 AM to make the 1st 2 selections and the only time slots I could get were well after 11 AM for Soren and tesh track wasn't giving me anything until around 2 PM. This was right at 7 AM when you can begin making selections.

I warmed up using it for mission space. I read on the forums that they drop different time slots throughout the morning someone reserving the 2nd one until closer to park opening and see what happens.

In total yesterday not used it for 5 rides total which breaks down to $3 per ride.. Not too bad of a deal but also not a fan of the erratic time slots it gives you. Especially when the free version of fast pass gave you multiple times lots to choose from.

I did not Use the individual lightning lane a 2 pay for any rides. I'm still not at a point where I can justify paying 5 to $15 to ride something whenever I've already paid to get in the park.

I did notice many times at the lightning lane entrance where families were either having issues or just trying to scam their way in saying that the app wasn't showing something. I have no idea what the specifics are so I don't want to judge but I did see one guy trying to scam the CM and when they wouldn't fall for it and he walked away him and his friend were laughing and I overheard him say well we know that wont-work.

Another time I saw a party of about 7 people and only 4 of them had the lightning lane and the mom was trying to tell the CM that the app was messed up but the CM stood her ground. She asked the mom to pull up her phone and show her and on the app they weren't in her party and the mom was just making all kinds of lame excuses thinking the CM wouldn't know better.. They clogged up the entire entrance and and made it difficult for other people to even get in.

Last edited:

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Fun Fact

I get bummed out when I'm walking through the lobby in the morning and I see people sitting there with their luggage waiting on the bus to take them to the airport.

And you can see the sadness in their eyes as they look at you walking through the lobby Is all bright eyed and bushy tailed heading to the park. It's palpable. And it only serves to remind me that I will be that person eventually. Perhaps not waiting on only bus to the airport but that my trip will be over eventually.

Disney needs a separate waiting area for these people lol.. I usually sneak my luggage out during the day or at night that way nobody has to see me and the tragedy of my vacation ending, thus reminding them of their own vacation fate. I'm a thoughtful kinda guy like that lol

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
Fun Fact

I get bummed out when I'm walking through the lobby in the morning and I see people sitting there with their luggage waiting on the bus to take them to the airport.

And you can see the sadness in their eyes as they look at you walking through the lobby Is all bright eyed and bushy tailed heading to the park. It's palpable. And it only serves to remind me that I will be that person eventually. Perhaps not waiting on only bus to the airport but that my trip will be over eventually.

Disney needs a separate waiting area for these people lol.. I usually sneak my luggage out during the day or at night that way nobody has to see me and the tragedy of my vacation ending, thus reminding them of their own vacation fate. I'm a thoughtful kinda guy like that lol
The Big Bang Theory Young Sheldon GIF by CBS

Laurenciaa

Fun Fact

HAHAA laughing harder at this than I should but This would be GENIOUS... semi-disrespectful but GENIOUS :D..

Billy6

Fun Fact

In a recent trip, I was leaving Wilderness at the end of my trip, a DVC CM came up to me and asked if I was leaving. My reply..."yes we are" and his reply was "Why?".... Speechless. Absolutely speechless.

End of message.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom