The Cabins at FW

shelovesmickey

Hello, been getting alot of info for my upcoming Sept/Oct trip! Thank you all so much. Now I have a question!
Going end of September and booked a Cabin at FW. It will be me, hubby and 4 kids 8, 6, 2 and 1. It really seems like it would be perfect for us. Roomy, kitchen, porch, bbq...My question is basically this: Is it a great as it seems? We decided to go with the fd but I want to make sure we shouldn't upgrade to a deluxe and go with the room discount instead. We have done Disney 6 times, but always stay off property in a 2 bedroom condo. Any and all feedback welcome. Thank you!!:animwink:

bgraham34

I don't know about size wise but I can tell you that you would need to be in either 2 rooms at a deluxe resort or a 2 bedroom DVC resort and that gets pricey because of the party size. I believe you get 1 infant per room, but i might be wrong.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It will not be as roomy as a 2 bed room condo but the cabins are great. Ft Wilderness is beautiful with plenty of activities and you are a only short boat ride away from Magic Kingdom.

Here is a picture of the floor plan.

FortWildernessCAD.jpg

Upvote 0

kstella

Advantage to the cabin with 4 kids will be the kitchen facilities and that your family will not have to be split. In a hotel you'd be split into 2 rooms unless you went with a suite at All Star Music.

Upvote 0

smk

hello, been getting alot of info for my upcoming sept/oct trip! Thank you all so much. Now i have a question!
Going end of september and booked a cabin at fw. It will be me, hubby and 4 kids 8, 6, 2 and 1. It really seems like it would be perfect for us. Roomy, kitchen, porch, bbq...my question is basically this: is it a great as it seems? we decided to go with the fd but i want to make sure we shouldn't upgrade to a deluxe and go with the room discount instead. We have done disney 6 times, but always stay off property in a 2 bedroom condo. Any and all feedback welcome. Thank you!!:animwink:

yes!

Upvote 0

Raegansmommy

We stayed there this past December. We had 4 adults, and 4 children. In the bedroom 1 family slept, and we slept on the murphy bed in the living room. Both of the beds are small. They are really short too, and I'm only 5 '5". In the bedroom they had a pack-n-play and we had a children's air mattress set up next to the Murphy bed. We just stood it up against the wall during the day. It was a little cramped with that many people, but we all fit fine. It was so nice to have the kitchen area, while we only made pancakes one day, we did eat cereal every morning. We didn't use the porch or bbq.

Upvote 0

a2zdisney

I can tell you that growing up my family of five always stayed at FW. In the beginning in a camper and as I entered my preteen years we started staying at the cabins. My parents allowed a friend of mine to come along with us each year, making the family size six (ex. two 10 yr old girls, 6yr old boy and 4 yr old boy). We always had a wonderful time! There was plenty of room for our family and the memories are priceless! We loved watching the water show at the lagoon and the camp fire movie nights. The boat rides to the other MK resorts and to MK were special moments too. Although we're now DVC members, when we return to WDW with my three yr old son we make it a point to visit FW every time. They have a great playground for small children to relax and get away from the some times craziness you find in the park. Make sure you try out Trail's End Restaurant too- it's one of Disney's hidden food gems.:)

Upvote 0

Disneybird

Many of the deluxe rooms accomodate 5 people plus a 6th under the age of three. Much more expensive though. However, you would have more room and probably be more relaxed at the cabins. The kitchen will be a big benefit to you, with toddlers.

Upvote 0

erstwo

I think with kids that small you will be just fine!

I've said it before, but I'll say it again - we are SO glad we stayed at the Cabins at least once. A great experience!

Just be sure to splurge on the golf cart rental if you can. It wasn't necessary to survive at Fort Wilderness (we didn't have one) but we really, really wished we had one! (and we only have 2 kids....... :))

Upvote 0

corey154

I love staying in the cabins, it's one of our favorite places, but I'll be honest with you, it can be a pain in the rear with two children being so young. Unless you rent a golf cart you'll have to take the internal bus around the resort, so you'll have your stroller and two babies getting off and on buses. Request a cabin close to a bus stop, that'll help the walking distance...but to get from where the cabins are to where dining, the main pool, boats are in the back you can't drive your own vehicle, only golf carts or disney transportation. It's a great resort, but you may be extra tired by the end of the day! :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom