The British are invading!!!

Jeff456

I am curious... does one find lots of the rude Parisian types at DLP? If so I can see a definite reason to pick WDW over DLP.
Most people are not rude to be fair, I think I would be making a sweeping generalisation if I said they were. To be honest it's the smoking all over the place in the park which at least partially spoils it for me.

NedFlanders

Most people are not rude to be fair, I think I would be making a sweeping generalisation if I said they were. To be honest it's the smoking all over the place in the park which at least partially spoils it for me.

Yikes, I hadn't thought of the smoking... I think that was my biggest complaint about my last trip to Disneyland. It seemed that every time you went a bit off the main pathways in Disneyland you would run into a smoking section... I had always thought of California as a very health conscious place but the number of smoking spots seemed to dwarf the ones in Disneyworld.

zurgandfriend

I do business with many companies in North America, I had to laugh as I just got a call from a compamy in New York City and my contact said "Ayyy! how's it going?"
I next received a call from a contact in Toronto who said "How it going Ay?"

i_hurt_my_arm

Im invading soon

Thanks for posting the youtube clip, seen as those scroats live not too far from me :(

I think the reason why us Brits seem so nice is because it cost a LOT of money for us to get to WDW, so only those with some money can go. Unlike the youths in the youtube clip who will no doubt spend their entire life claiming benefits. :(

Its definatly good to see us getting a good reputation, and i always feel welcome in WDW even if i do get annoyed trying to tell people the difference between England, UK, GB and Europe :D

Of course at the same time when i ask an American where they are from and they tell my the name of the state 9 times out of 10 i will just stare back blankly because i have no idea where it is.:shrug:

sam_justice

Thanks for posting the youtube clip, seen as those scroats live not too far from me :(

I think the reason why us Brits seem so nice is because it cost a LOT of money for us to get to WDW, so only those with some money can go. Unlike the youths in the youtube clip who will no doubt spend their entire life claiming benefits. :(

Its definatly good to see us getting a good reputation, and i always feel welcome in WDW even if i do get annoyed trying to tell people the difference between England, UK, GB and Europe :D

Of course at the same time when i ask an American where they are from and they tell my the name of the state 9 times out of 10 i will just stare back blankly because i have no idea where it is.:shrug:

It's my job to deal with these scrotes so count yourself slightly lucky I guess! Haha I completely understand, unless it's New York, Florida, Texas or California I'm just as bad.

I am curious... does one find lots of the rude Parisian types at DLP? If so I can see a definite reason to pick WDW over DLP.
I didn't particularly enjoy my trip to DLP. It felt like a "bizarro" version of the parks for me. lol

But, I didn't encounter a great number of French guests. Lots of Brits. And they were very nice. A few Germans. That I talked to anyway.

The French were the staff. And Disney cast members or not, just change the familiar French stereotype of rudeness.

Buried20KLeague

Don't usually write, just read, but had to make this observation. We just returned from a week at WDW, and could almost swear that 80% of the people we talked to in lines at the parks, and at the water parks, were from England.

I think the real question is... Are they arriving by land or by sea? :lookaroun

:lol:

elisatonks

I must admit i've almost felt like I've been back home in jolly England over the last week, with the number of brits that have been over here this week. I work on the MK parking lot and trams and it been really wierd this week instead of having americans every other tram coming and saying "love your accent, where are you from?" i have had fellow brits coming to me and asking "how did you get a job out here?" or groups betting between themselves were i am from in the UK. (i actually had one lad jumping up and down in celebration at the TTC, because he guessed rights, when they came and checked with me!)

For your info, Florida is actually the 2nd most popular desitnation for Brits after Spain, and can be found in WDW in the masses during the following periods;

Last week of February - 1 week (half term holiday)
Easter - 2 weeks (easter usually falls right in the middle of the school holiday)
Last Week of May - 1 week (half term holiday)
Mid July thru 1st September (Summer holiday, starts slightly earlier for the Scottish schools)
Last week of October - 1 week (half term holiday)
Xmas (usually week before and week after) - 2 weeks.

Many parents will take kids out of school on half term hols for an extra week. Most Brits also usually stay in Florida for 14 nights.

Also Brits get alot more vacation time off work, the law states brits should get at least 5.6 weeks a year, so for someone who works 5 days a week thats 28 days of paid vacation every year, and applys to part time workers as well as full time workers. (source: citizens advise bureau, uk.)

We were there last week too and noticed the same. My DH commented that he felt like we were the minority:) It was a wonderful week!

We feel like we are the minority when we go there and witness so many people (usually American) mis-behaving. The brits are always a welcome addition.

i_hurt_my_arm

I didn't particularly enjoy my trip to DLP. It felt like a "bizarro" version of the parks for me. lol

But, I didn't encounter a great number of French guests. Lots of Brits. And they were very nice. A few Germans. That I talked to anyway.

The French were the staff. And Disney cast members or not, just change the familiar French stereotype of rudeness.

I remember i was in DLP, i cant remember which shop i was in but they were playing eminem. That just shattered the whole disney illusion for me. Plus i always find you dont get as many smiling faces in the parade in DLP.

BrowncoatChelle

The only time I was at DLP, I was performing in a parade, but I do recall that other than the Space Mountain there being different than we were used to, most of us didn't like it nearly as much.

One person there said it was because we were stuck up Americans, but I don't really think so. I mean, when we went to get something to eat and sit down, we got rude looks which I've never encountered at WDW.

sueuk

Another thankyou for the compliment, we'll be extra polite now when we go next year :kiss: - we always enjoy speaking to people in the queues and restaurants and are amazed at how far you travel and still stay in your own country!

We go to DLP too, and we don't find as much Disney magic or good manners among the staff, either - the French, on the whole, just don't seem to 'get' the whole experience. I'll still enjoy our pre Christmas girls trip next week though :xmas:!

sueuk

I love the english accent! I wonder if traveling to WDW is cheaper than traveling to DLP from Great Brittain?

We're (3 adults) flying from Newcastle to Paris next week - flights inc insurance; we have 3 nights/ 4 days at Disney's Cheyenne hotel which includes a daily buffet breakfast and park hopper tickets for the length of stay. The whole package cost us £234 each. :xmas:

MarkTwain

Yeah, every time I travel abroad and explain I'm from Indiana, I usually get either a confused look, an excited reference to Indiana Jones (including one enthusiastic taxi driver in Spain in particular), or I'll just find myself explaining that it's up near Chicago and that there's not much to do there. :lol:

Brommy

Also Brits get alot more vacation time off work, the law states brits should get at least 5.6 weeks a year, so for someone who works 5 days a week thats 28 days of paid vacation every year, and applys to part time workers as well as full time workers. (source: citizens advise bureau, uk.)

Those 28 days include public holidays (bank holidays), of which I believe there are 8. So it's actually only 20.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom