The Boat House construction at Disney Springs The Landing

jt04

This restaurant is going to be 22,000 sq ft. According to my calculations Rainforest is about the same size. I am honestly not trying to knock the project, just am not seeing anything concrete yet to get excited about.

I was refering to the scale of the Disney Springs project. That gives me optimism they may have thrown in all the bells and whistles. DS may end up being the Carsland of shopping/entertainment complexes.

mweier

We've got ADR for Fulton's Crab House in a couple weeks. How ruined will the view be from there, given all this Boat House construction?
I've never been to DTD so can't really grasp what impact this would have on our view from Fulton's.

Worth changing the ADR?

Bolt

We've got ADR for Fulton's Crab House in a couple weeks. How ruined will the view be from there, given all this Boat House construction?
I've never been to DTD so can't really grasp what impact this would have on our view from Fulton's.

Worth changing the ADR?
Keep the reservation.

Mouse Detective

Worth changing the ADR?
The construction isn't impacting any of Fulton's views, as far as I can tell.

WDWtraveler

IMG_2859.JPG

Boathouse construction photos update as of Aug 31, 2014. Note the large wooden deck being built next to the existing walkway at Paradiso 37.

IMG_2827.JPG

IMG_2855.JPG

IMG_2858.JPG

IMG_2825.JPG

IMG_2829.JPG

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I still want to know what on earth could cause this restaurant to be so large?

The footprint doesn't look overly large, but it is a tall building. Based on the earlier construction photos it doesn't appear to have more then one floor, so the height must be required for the thememing they are doing.

Just checked a previous post, that boat house is 22,000 sq ft which is about the size of Rainforest.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
The footprint doesn't look overly large, but it is a tall building. Based on the earlier construction photos it doesn't appear to have more then one floor, so the height must be required for the thememing they are doing.

Just checked a previous post, that boat house is 22,000 sq ft which is about the size of Rainforest.
Agreed. The footprint isn't huge, but it looks like it will have a pretty high ceiling. I'm very interested to see this finished. It's coming along nice now.

roj2323

most of the food venues in WDW are this size... you just very rarely see all of the building it is housed in. BOG is roughly the size of the IASW showbuilding or the HM showbuilding
iaswbog_zps6ac841ea.png

The building on the far left is Haunted mansion. The building outlined in green is It's a Small World. The building outlined in red is both Be our Guest and Story time with Bell.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom