The Big Berm Theory

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The whole message is: We need to keep you on your feet and doing something (spending money) at all times!

I thought the message was, "We're doing so well that we're swamped with twice the number of people than this park was built for and even steep price hikes won't keep them away, and so, we have to keep making more and more room for them."

Last edited:

brb1006

The other bit you touch on, which I think bears repeating, is that the hub used to be a kind of relaxing / dead space area. You didn't have some "Pump It! Jam It! Stuff It!" parade happening every 45min nor did you have a stage show happening every hour in front of the castle. It was just this relaxing area (transitionary) between lands.

It's unfortunate that it's gone and it'll never be back. You can't monetize a relaxing, dead area.
The tress also hid some of the floats for the daytime and nighttime parades (Especially during the 1990s).

BoarderPhreak

Original Poster
The whole message is: We need to keep you on your feet and doing something (spending money) at all times!
I thought the message was, "We're doing so well that we're swamped with twice the number of people than this park was built for and even steep price hikes won't keep them away, and so, we have to keep making more and more room for them."
I dare say it's both, really. Obviously the hub redesign was to increase traffic flow and crowd handling for the shows and fireworks. Benches can cause... Issues with people trying to "reserve" them, congregating around them, yada yada. But the WHOLE park suffers from this - not just the hub.

Maybe the berm project is to set up a ton of benches and people can go chill out over there under some trees. 🤣

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I dare say it's both, really. Obviously the hub redesign was to increase traffic flow and crowd handling for the shows and fireworks. Benches can cause... Issues with people trying to "reserve" them, congregating around them, yada yada. But the WHOLE park suffers from this - not just the hub.

Maybe the berm project is to set up a ton of benches and people can go chill out over there under some trees. 🤣

The obvious answer is to fill the hub with bleachers. That will handle the crowds, bring back bench seating, and block the view of the Contemporary from Liberty Square.

Or, the answer is in my sig below...

JohnD

It’s always bugged me seeing backstage from the train, I’d love to see that addressed. Unfortunately the Contemporary is probably only going to be hidden with more trees inside the park between liberty square and hub and I don’t see that happening again due to crowd levels.

That has never really bugged me. After all, you're entering Tomorrowland. You don't see the Contemporary until after you pass Space Mountain. Perfectly reasonable that the view would open up at that point to see the Contemporary.

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
I doubt it’s for this, but good catch and pun! It’s always bugged me seeing backstage from the train, I’d love to see that addressed. Unfortunately the Contemporary is probably only going to be hidden with more trees inside the park between liberty square and hub and I don’t see that happening again due to crowd levels.
That has never really bugged me. After all, you're entering Tomorrowland. You don't see the Contemporary until after you pass Space Mountain. Perfectly reasonable that the view would open up at that point to see the Contemporary.

Two different things. I said it bugged me when you see backstage from the train (CM parking, dumpsters, etc). The contemporary from the train in Tomorrowland is different. I 100% agree with you on your point l, not sure why you quoted me?

Hotamber

The obvious answer is to fill the hub with bleachers. That will handle the crowds, bring back bench seating, and block the view of the Contemporary from Liberty Square
Or, the answer is in my sig below...
Casey's Corner, the Astro turf grass, the music all they need is a baseball field with bleachers. They already have a G.O.A.T statue (since 1995) like a real sports stadium. The modern skyboxes can go on the Tomorrowland side.

BoarderPhreak

Original Poster
Just to throw another log on this fire...

(Courtesty of Bioreconstruct):

D8jzVi4W4AE2kyY.jpg

D8jzTrYXYAslLLQ.jpg

deWild

Almost every post I read of yours is straight fire. I’m not kidding, you genuinely make me laugh almost every time. Thank you for your services.

BoarderPhreak

Original Poster
Here's the water management site plan. The wavy retaining walls and the gradient of the land around the expanded pond are quite discernible.
Yeah, that's definitely clearer. And if you look at the height variations of the built walls, you can see how the fill will undulate. Still, it seems a bit odd. Guess we'll find out pretty soon!

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Aw shucks..... I was hoping it was going to be an expansion of the Speedway. ;)
It is! They're going to call it "The Thelma and Louise Liberation Experience" and it's an additional $2,855 per person (theme park admission required) because each car can go off the edge only once. (They can reuse the body, but the engine is usually kaput after hitting the water running)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom