The Best Signature Restaurant??

RonAnnArbor

First, they are all "on property"...

Second, what do you mean by "best"?

Do you mean best inside a park, like The Hollywood Brown Derby?

Or the best view, like California Grill?

Or the best food you can't get in Cleveland, like Jiko?

Or the best steakhouse, like Yachtsman's Steakhouse?

Or the most over-rated, like Le Cellier?

There isn't a single answer...

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
Original Poster

First! I Know that! It was just a used in the sentence!!

Second, Its pretty Self Explanatory.....

The Best Siganature On Property in Your Opinion?

Not hard to understand

The MadHatter

first, by signature do you mean "One's name as written by oneself". or do you mean "A distinctive mark, characteristic"

......just kidding crush.

I think I would have to go with Victoria and Alberts. The food is amazing but so is the experience. Its inside the GF so its got the whole location thing going for it...the service is impeccable and I am a real sucker for tasting menus with multiple courses. The restaurant feels very "behind closed doors".

I think an honorable should go to California Grill and I have heard great things about Jiko. I made a reservation yesterday for jiko...going down in like a month.

The MadHatter

Troll

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
My vote for the best restaurant on the property is Jiko.

I say this, however, with the caveat that I have never dined at Victoria and Albert's.

Crush Dude!

Original Poster
first, by signature do you mean "One's name as written by oneself". or do you mean "A distinctive mark, characteristic"

......just kidding crush.

I think I would have to go with Victoria and Alberts. The food is amazing but so is the experience. Its inside the GF so its got the whole location thing going for it...the service is impeccable and I am a real sucker for tasting menus with multiple courses. The restaurant feels very "behind closed doors".

I think an honorable should go to California Grill and I have heard great things about Jiko. I made a reservation yesterday for jiko...going down in like a month.

Ha no problem :wave:

Would love to hear about Jiko when :wave:you get back

sweetpee_1993

The only 2 true signatures I've had are Yachtsman & Jiko. You know how I feel about the Yachtsman. Lol! Jiko I thought was good but didn't find extraordinary which makes 2 places I read such raves about but then left perplexed as to what the fuss was about. That's why I wonder if it's just us who are not easily impressed or is it that others are? Not that I'm so anxious to get back to WDW anyway, but I'm feeling a bit gun-shy when it comes to the so-called "Signature" restaurants. I suppose when we do get back to WDW I'll just go for it and book V & A's. If that place doesn't wow us I guess it's a good indication that we should, in fact, let go of all hope. Lol!

Oh! Just remembered! Tracey & I ate at the Brown Derby for the Lunch w/an Imagineer back in May '08. Everything we ate there was superb. I guess I can have some hope after all! :sohappy:

Crush Dude!

Original Poster
The only 2 true signatures I've had are Yachtsman & Jiko. You know how I feel about the Yachtsman. Lol! Jiko I thought was good but didn't find extraordinary which makes 2 places I read such raves about but then left perplexed as to what the fuss was about. That's why I wonder if it's just us who are not easily impressed or is it that others are? Not that I'm so anxious to get back to WDW anyway, but I'm feeling a bit gun-shy when it comes to the so-called "Signature" restaurants. I suppose when we do get back to WDW I'll just go for it and book V & A's. If that place doesn't wow us I guess it's a good indication that we should, in fact, let go of all hope. Lol!

Oh! Just remembered! Tracey & I ate at the Brown Derby for the Lunch w/an Imagineer back in May '08. Everything we ate there was superb. I guess I can have some hope after all! :sohappy:

I think Dining with DCL has ruined you :lol:

And I can understand why, it's Fantastic :slurp:

And Brown Derby has reportedly returned to the high standards of 3/4 years ago

sweetpee_1993

I think Dining with DCL has ruined you :lol:

And I can understand why, it's Fantastic :slurp:

And Brown Derby has reportedly returned to the high standards of 3/4 years ago

We had Jiko during our January 2010 trip so that pre-dated cruising for us. I agree, the cruises will make the majority of the resort grub like having McD's. Lol! Seriously, I do think a lot of our problem comes from having lived in the greater New Orleans area for 12 years. We are drawn to really rich, vibrant flavors and love to discover "a little bite" in what we eat. We have several dear friends from south Louisiana that have almost a magical ability to make anything taste amazing. I wish beyond wish Tracey could cook y'all a jambalaya. You'd so get where I'm coming from. :slurp:

real mad hatter

Gastronomic adventures in wonderland.

Well iam a chef at a small restaurant in Scotland and we do lots of dishes from around the world and everyone has their favourite,so just like WDW everybody will have their favs but i agree with people who said Jikos.Had dinner there last year and it was awesome,my fillet with mac & cheese was so tender i could cut it with my fork:slurp:excuse me while i mop up the juices from my pc.enjoy,bon apetit:kiss:

heartodisney

This year we did the Cali Grill, Sanna, and Artist Point...we were NOT dissapointed in any of them...I know, I know...that did not help you at all, so much fun in all there along with the food and service!

Ariel484

We've been to California Grill, Citricos and Jiko. Citricos and Jiko are must-dos for us...food, service and atmosphere were spectacular. YUM! :slurp:

Goofy10

I have eaten in all of the signature restaurants during 3 trips in 2011 and IMHO the best by far is Narcoossee's. The surf and turf is out of this world and the whole menu is far better than the Californian which I think has become overrated (Apart from the view!!) I believe that Le Celier whilst a great restaurant should not be signature. A close second is Jiko's:slurp:

Jeff456

We loved California grill on our last trip but the only other signature we have done is Hollywood Brown Derby which was also good, but no where near as good as California grill.

hankhill

Have to say that Artist Point blew us away. Loved the concept of the menu and its execution. Saying that California Grille is excellent, Jiko was really cool and V and A is great. Depends what you are in the mood for. See ya Christmas night at Cali Grille!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom