The best disney guide book

Alexx

Original Poster
My family and I have been to Disney 5 times and we've never used a guide book, not even the first time we went to Disney but I know that most of you do read them and use them on your trips, so I was just wondering which is the best disney guide book to reccomend to a person who has never been to disney before.

Karolena

I really like the Birnbaum book, although some people think it's biased because it is the official guide. There is something called the Passporter, which is also pretty good. We use them both, but mostly the Birnbaum one.

Grumpy-Fan

[
quote=unkadug;2562402]The Unofficial Guide To Walt Disney World[/quote

Unoffiicial Guide is the best info for sure. The Birnbaum book is also a good one.

Disneyfanman

The truth is, it depends on what you want. There is far more usuable information on saving money, line strategies, etc in the Unofficial Guide. It can be really overwhelming though. It contains a lot of humor and the author is not shy about saying if something is a poor attraction or not worth the wait. The Official Guide contains lots of pics and is a much easier read, but is less of a critique and reads more like a press release. Still quite useful though. The passporter's guide is terrific too, and contains tools that the others don't have. I actually purchase the Unofficial Guide every year, and the Official Guide every couple of years. I haven't purchased the Passporter's guide yet, but I know people who love it.

I have one other recommendation. Pick up the Field Guide to Hidden Mickey's in addition to any other guide book that you decide to use. You won't regret it!

MattyFresh

I like birbaums book, it might be that I have used it several years in a row and more comfortable with it. I looked through some of the others in bookstores before I bought birbaums this past year. Just didn't like the way it was layed out. I am sure they all have great info, and have their own way of presenting it, I just liked the way birbaum's book was set up.

scubaguy

The unofficial guide is the best without question in my opinion. The touring plans do save much waiting in line if you follow them, and are worth the cost of the book all by themselves. While I enjoy reading the Birnbaum book, it really is pretty much a Disney press release.

GenerationX

For well-organized information, unbiased reviews, and extremely useful planning tips, The Unofficial Guide to WDW is the best. I've used it for every trip.

I get both the Unofficial Guide and Passporter each year when the new edition comes out. If I had to just pick one though, I'd go with Passporter especially for a first timer. I love the way it has all the pages to add your information. I think it also does a good job of telling you about your resort and the room description with the diagram. It seems a little more personal to me, especially since you get to read the little blurbs throughout and see the pictures of their family on their trips to WDW.
I let one of my friends read my copy of Unofficial Guide before she went on her first trip this year and she almost decided it wouldn't be worth it to go to WDW. It has lots of useful information and I like it, but some of the information can be hmm.... a wet blanket... especially if you choose to read it and take it as the final word on your vacation. Of course this is just my opinion and I'm sure there are lots that think just the opposite of what I do :)

BettyLou

I think I have used them all at one time or another. My favorite is Passporter. Not only can you make lots of notes and keep things organized, it has "approval ratings" for the rides and attractions from the perspective of different age groups. Also, it has your stuff neatly stored and ready to scrapbook when you get home.

toriihunter

The Unofficial Guide is the best. I'll admit it's the only one that iI have bought, but it was great. I bought it for my first and only trip (so far), and we read it and followed its plans. It was amazing. We waited in almost no line, did everything, and had a great time. :D

Tinkerbella16

I like Birnbaums guide to wdw. We used to buy one each year, but I didn't get one for this trip. I never really brought them with me. I used it as something to get me excited and pass time for an upcoming trip. I think usually it's the same every year, with a few new things that have been added to WDW that year.

MnWildFan06

I really enjoy the birnbaum's guides and the unofficial guides but if you go with a girlfriend or wife but with no kids I really enjoyed the walt disney world for couples book.

imamouse

Another vote for the Unofficial Guide to WDW. Plus, their touring plans really do save you lots of time. They are especially useful if the parks are crowded.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom