Animal Kingdom Lodge
Contemporary
Grand Floridian
Polynesian
Wilderness Lodge
Swan & Dolphin
Yacht & Beach Club
Boardwalk

I believe that the Wilderness Lodge is the best deluxe resort. This upcoming week I will be staying there for the first time and I can't wait. I would like to stay at the Grand Floridian in a future trip since most people really enjoy it.

"Grow eyes for poachers."

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

Ringo8n24 said:
Wilderness Lodge!! Not only for looks, but for the smell of the lobby. I wish I could bottle it.

Funny, my fiancee and I felt that way about AKL. True story, we approached one of the housekeeping staffers and asked what sort of incense or exotic fragrance they were using to make the lobby smell SOOOOO unique, SOOOOO wonderful...

Apparently, it was the citrus-flavored cleaning agents WDW probably buys in 55-gallon bulk quantity drums that was so nice. No incense. Nothing exotic. Citrus mixed with cleaning chemicals.

That's me. A bona fide grade-A Rube!

Upvote 0

Teenchy

Poly...No WL....No Poly....No WL.

As you can see its a toss up for me. Poly has a piece of my heart as it was my first Disney experience as a kid with my parents in the early 70's. (When we didnt have all the choices we have now) The proximity to MK and monorail service is great. But WL is beautiful, what a lobby. Plus its a nice boat ride over to the MK.

Ok I have the solution. Stay for 10 days, 5 at Poly and 5 at WL :D

Upvote 0

soin2disney

perfect view...

I had a perfect castle view from the Grand Floridian in July 2005. It was a 40th birthday present that I will never forget. But, I'm going in April 2007, and staying at the Polynesian,people say that's great too, so I'll let you know.:veryconfu

Upvote 0

mcbates23

My vote goes to my home the Boardwalk. It has everything from a great pool, great places to eat and a wonderful night life for kids and adults. I been to others and they seem pale to me when compared to the BW.

Upvote 0

kachow

mcbates23 said:
My vote goes to my home the Boardwalk. It has everything from a great pool, great places to eat and a wonderful night life for kids and adults. I been to others and they seem pale to me when compared to the BW.

Pretty much sums it up for me, with the addition that I love the proximity to Epcot and MGM as well.

Upvote 0

justducky78

I love the WL and have stayed there a couple of times, but by far - the Yacht Club is the best! The WL felt more moderate to us (in terms of rooms/service, etc) than deluxe.

Upvote 0

durangojim

Has to be the WL for when we haven't been out west in a while and want to enjoy the best ambience of any resort (imho), and the GF for when we want to be pampered, have the convenience of the monorail, and the romance of watching the castle an fireworks from our patio.

By the way, you might want to check this thread from last week, exact same topic as this one http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=79223

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom