Grand Floridian
Polynesian
Wilderness Lodge
Swan & Dolphin
Yacht & Beach Club
Boardwalk

DisneyRoxMySox

mac41099 said:
I stated the Boardwalk, but now that I think about it, I'm going to say the Yacht/Beach Club. Someone posted that long wait for buses at the Boardwalk. Although you can walk or boat it to Epcot and MGM in 10-15 minutes, the buses aren't good. They lump the Swan, Dolphin and Boardwalk all on 1 bus. Coming back from Wishes at MK, we waited 45-60 for a bus. All other resorts were empty at the line queues, yet no bus would switch to our resort. When you are dead tired from all day in the sun and have a 2 year old and stroller, it isn't fun standing there.

Yacht/Beach Club have their own bus, so you can walk/boat to MGM/Epcot and then have your own bus for MK and AK. You get all the features of the boardwalk, too.

I would have taken a bus to the Yach and Beach Club and walked over. I did that once while staying at Swan. :D

Upvote 0

mac41099

DisneyRoxMySox said:
I would have taken a bus to the Yach and Beach Club and walked over. I did that once while staying at Swan. :D

In retrospect, we should've done that, but it was our first day at Disney World and the Boardwalk and we didn't know any better.

Upvote 0

isitingood

durangojim said:
I would argue that it may be the most practical if you have small children: The Magic Kingdom is the first stop on the monorail route, there is a great character breakfast, they have 2 pools, one with a slide, the rooms are bigger than any other resort, the have multiple restaurants for all price ranges, and finaly they have free robes and nightly turn down service! For most people who say the GF is snobby or snooty, I doubt many have stayad there, we've always found it a great place to relax, have a romantic time (even after having a child), and really enjoy WDW to its fullest (and we love the WL just as much but for different reasons.

I agree with you. The people who talk bad about the GF have never stayed there. I love the turn down service and the quick monorail trip to the MK. Not to mention the 24hr snack bar

Upvote 0

LudwigVonDrake

I've only stayed at one deluxe resort: The Beach Club and I really liked it.

I plan on staying at the Polynesian on my next trip so, I won't answer the question until I have something to base it on :D

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Having stayed at the Contemporary, the Polynesian, the Boardwalk Inn and the Wilderness Lodge I would have to say that the WL is our favorite (stayed there almost 10 times).

While each resort is magical in its own way, there is just something about the WL that relaxes me and soothes my jangled nerves. :lol: I love the atmosphere, the decor, the architecture...the works. I especially love the boat ride to the MK at sunset. :)

Upvote 0

Cinderella1976

I have to say my favorite Deluxe Resort is the Grand Floridian, especially for it's location. I have three small children so it is nice to be able to hope onto the monorail and be at the MK but we usually take the boat back to the resort. You also have a nice view of the fireworks without the crowds. I have also stayed at the Wilderness Lodge twice, and it is also very nice and child friendly, but I just prefer GF. We will be returning in December :xmas: !

Upvote 0

lilphil6487

well actually this past week was my first time ever staying at a deluxe resort. i stayed at the wilderness lodge. usually we stay at the all stars, pop century, or carribbean beach but we are vacation club members now so we stay at the villas and let me tell you the villas at WL are amazing. SO far since WL is the only deluxe i stayed at, its my favorite but my next trip in 2008 im planning on staying at the polynesian cause i really like the whole island/tropical theme. does Saratoga Springs, or Old Key West count? cuz ived stayed at those too, but WL is def my favorite.

Upvote 0

mikelan6

In real estate, it's Location - Location - Location ... and the best location is the Grand Floridian! There is nothing easier than taking the monorail over to the Magic Kingdom and taking the boat back. The rooms are great as are the restaurants and facilities.

Upvote 0

shmmrname

I've only stayed at the Contemporary and Wilderness Lodge, but AKL stole my vote, as my one dinner at Boma made me a huge Animal Kingdom Lodge fan.

Upvote 0

Iakona

Love AKL. Best theming. Great staff with the cultural ambassadors. Night vision goggles to see the animals at night, waking up to animals outside your balcony in the morning, bed time stories by the fireplace delivered by cultural ambassadors (so you get their traditional tales), the kids on parade out of Mara, an AMAZING art collection all throughout the resort, and 2 of the best restaurants at WDW.

In our opinion you can't get a better escape than AKL.

Upvote 0

alanbrai

CONTEMPORARY Hands Down

On a side note this is a poll the the best Disney Deluxe Resort so why is the Dolphin and Swan even in this poll. They are not Disney resorts they are just on the property

Upvote 0

addcogulf

THe CONTEMPORARY IS BY FAR THE BEST DISNEY DELUXE RESORT. THE MONORAIL, THE RESTURANTS, THE ACTIVITY, THE SLEEK DESIGN, WATCHING THE MONORAIL ENTER THE BUILDING, THE BOLD COLORS. :sohappy: :p :animwink: .:lol: THIS IS WITHOUT A DOUBT THE BEST DISNEY RESORT.

Upvote 0

Computer Magic

mac41099 said:
The Boardwalk due to the fact that it is within a 10 minute walk to Epcot and 15 minute walk to MGM. Or you can take the boat to both. Then you have all the restaurants and nightlife on the boardwalk at night. You can watch Illuminations at night, too.

For those that have small children and strollers, being able to avoid the bus and walk to 2 of the parks is key. It is a nightmare when you try to get a stroller onto a packed bus at the end of the night.
I agree in that the boardwalk area is the best central location to stay. However, I would put my money towards YC or BC. I stayed at the Boardwalk and wasn't impressed for the price I paid. For the same price you can stay at YC and BC

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
I've stayed at just about every Deluxe on property, but I must say that the AKL is definately #1 when I go. I absolutely love their concierge level. Jiko is also tops on our list of restaurants and we love the sunrise safari that they offer to concierge guests. This is definately a must do if you stay on the concierge level there.

Pam

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom