The Best Counter Service food at WDW

speck76

Original Poster
Anybody have a favorite counter service restaurant in any of the parks? Whether it is the food, value, or environment, what is your favorite?

At DAK, I like the tusker house, as the food is not typical theme park fare. I have not tried the Flame Tree BBQ, as it has been closed each time I am there.

As for Epcot, I really like the outdoor counter at Mexico (I love me a plato combonacion), although seating always seems to be a challenge.

Chape19714

My favorite Fast Food places:

Magic Kingdom: Columbia Harbor House (accross from the HM)

EPCOT: Sunshine Season Food Fair (The Land)

MGM: Backlot Express/Studio Catering Company

Animal Kingdom: Pizzafari

DCL

I love the Tusker House for breakfast... those cinnamon buns are absolutely delicious...

.. for lunch or dinner I always enjoy eating at Cosmic Rays.. or Pecos Bill. I love Pecos Bill because it gives you time to sit down and eat lunch while you're waiting for your fastpass time at Splash Mountain!

SpectroMan

Magic Kingdom: Plaza Pavilion (when it is cool)

Epcot: Sunshine Season Food Fair - every time we go, there is no one there

MGM Studios: Backlot Express

DCL

Oh yeah... i forgot that at MGM I enjoy eating at the Commissary. I ate there for the first time a couple years ago, and I enjoyed everything about it... plus, each time I've eaten there, it hasn't been overcrowded at all, which makes it kind of relaxing, since it's not as loud as alot of the other counter service places throughout the parks

barnebd5

I like the Columbia Harbor House, you could ask anyone in the forum I bet they'll say it's the best atmosphere there is when it comes to counter service spots in the park. Plus the whole whaling ship theme is a cool look:D

SewIn2Disney

It's funny you mention the Flame tree BBQ, because that's what I was going to say.

As for MK: Caseys Corner or Cosmic Rays b/c they have free cheese for the fries...mmmm

Epcot: The pastry shop in Italy. A few pastries could easily constitute lunch

MGM: I can't remember the name, but its in the back at the exit of honey i shrunk the kids movie set.

Have a great trip!

SewIn2Disney

Originally posted by barnebd5
I like the Columbia Harbor House, you could ask anyone in the forum I bet they'll say it's the best atmosphere there is when it comes to counter service spots in the park. Plus the whole whaling ship theme is a cool look:D

MMMM....the hummus sandwiches there are amazing!

se8472

AK: is all about Pizzafari

MGM: That mama's place (I can't think of its name)

Epcot: Morocco QS place

MK: Lunching Pad / Cosmic Rays / Casey's Corner

aimster

Over at Epcot, I love the counter service restaurant at the England pavillion. They got awesome fish & chips! I also love the pastry shoppe at the France pavillion. Viva la chocolate eclairs!

It's been 4 years since I was last ay MK, so I can't remember where I le the food best. I think I remember enjoying the burgers at Pecos Bill's though.

Don't really have a fave at MGM.

Haven't been to AK yet.

Awww man... now I'm hungry!

::drools ::

Piebald

I love the Columbia Harbour House. Those Fish baskets are good (so is the chicken). The Cantina in Mexico is also good. Those chicken taco's are great. I don't remember eating at AK ...and we've only been to MGM twice and both times we've eaten at the ABC place.

maxime29

Premium Member
Forgive me for not remembering some of the names.

MK: Caseys Corner, CHH

Epcot: The restaurant that is close to Innoventions I believe

Only eaten at Sci-Fi @ MGM. AK I've only been there once and left for lunch at another location.

DivineMadness7

The first place I thought of when reading the title of the thread was Columbia Harbor House. It's really a tradition any more with our family to stop there, we always seem to be in that area at the time of day when we're hungry!

My dad also loves Casey's hotdogs. He claims they have the best ones anywhere.

Dad and my brother also live for the turkey legs...of course

I like the food court in the Land at Epcot, it's just a cool design...

Backlot Express at MGM is another choice

Don't really have one at AK...been there several times, but normally not long enough to eat a meal there...usually we just spend a morning there and head back to the hotel for lunch..

WDWFREAK53

MK: Casey's Corner
Epcot: Beavertails! :slurp:
Studios: I guess...Pizza Planet (I can't remember the last time I've actually had FOOD (other than snacks) at the Studios.
DAK: Gotta go with the Tusker House

Maria

I can never remember any names! Just because I worked in Epcot, I remember some of them! :eek:

One of my favorite ones because of the food and value, is the counter service at Tangerine Cafe in Morocco. :slurp:

DDuckFan130

MK: Cosmic Ray's- We always eat here when we're at MK, and usually right before the parade so we sit outside and get a pretty good view of the parade

Epcot: Either the Electric Umbrella or the Cantina San Angel. I bought the nachos there and they were great...but also too much for one person I couldn't finish it :lol:

MGM: Backlot Express- We usually eat there. One Friday during Lent when we weren't eating meat we ate tuna sandwiches there which were pretty good. But the next year we tried the Commissary (sp?) and tried the fish that comes with fries and those were very good.

AK:haven't been there that many times so I can't pick any.

SpongeScott

MK--Pecos Bills
Epcot--Electric Umbrella
MGM--Catalina Eddie's (nothing is impressive to us at MGM)
AK--Flame Tree BBQ--hands down the best counter service in WDW

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom