The Best Counter Service food at WDW

Pixie Duster

No other counter service locations can even touch Tusker House, Flame Tree, or Pizzafari. Nothing! :) Also the Chicken Shack in Asia of AK has some awesome Chicken Stir Fry and Iced chai tea!

speck76

Original Poster
Why is the counter service food at DAK so much better than the other parks. Well, not that it is better, but it is different, not burgers and the like.

Is it just that DAK only has a handfull of food locations, and no full service restaurant (except for Rainforest)?

I really want to try Flame Tree, but it is always closed while I am there.

ZHoyt

it's true DAK has the best counterservice of the 4 parks. Epcot has some good selections, but the land has really gone down hill over the years. They used to have amazing meatball subs and really good pasta. Now there isn't much there worthwhile when you can just hop over to some of the excelent spots at world showcase. but even worldshowcase can't touch tuskerhouse or flame tree. I used to be a tusker house man, but now I can't miss flame tree.

I like MK too. I think the food is so-so, but the condiments bar with melted cheese dispensors and sauteed onions brings it way up from the standard hotdogs and hamburgers.

d'Isigny

I like to save myself for dinner so I don't often eat counter service

but my wife and I love the Turkey Legs to hold us over til dinner and I like those footlongs at MK.

d'Isigny

I went to Germany last year and loved it. My mom ordered a beer and I laughed when they brought out those large mugs.

Can I go into the Biergartens for a beer?

JohnMan

Animal Kingdom:
I think it is called Pizzafari, but before lunch they have killer breakfast pizzas.

Magic Kingdom:
Pecos Bills

Epcot, MGM - can't decide!

Nansafan

Originally posted by Raven66
We really like Cosmic Ray's. We like to sit and watch Sonny (I think that's his name) sing and tell jokes.

Best dinner show on property "Sonny Eclipse, Lounge Lizard". We love Sonny and Cosmic Rays Starlight Cafe.

Epcot - Electric Umbrella

MGM - Backlot Express/Catering Company

AK - Tusker House

ToTBellHop

Magic Kingdom--Cosmic Ray's and Pecos Bill Café both rock!

Epcot--Electric Umbrella and Cantina de San Angél

Disney-MGM Studios--Backlot Express and Rosie's All-American Café

Animal Kingdom--Tusker House and Flame Tree Barbecue

Also fantastic are the food courts at the All-Stars and Pop Century. I also like the food courts at Caribbean Beach Resort and Port Orleans--Riverside. I think French Quarter's food court is too small, and I just find the seating system at Coronado Springs' food court obnoxious.

The only deluxe food court I have been to is The Mara--small, but adequate and I love the theming. At Downtown Disney, I for some reason like their McDonald's more than anywhere else (lol--the theming?) and the corn dogs at the Boardwalk are great.

At Blizzard Beach, it's gotta be Lottawatta Lodge and at Typhoon Lagoon, you will find me at Typhoon Tilly's :)

Sufficient reply? ;)

Woody13

Originally posted by Nansafan
Best dinner show on property "Sonny Eclipse, Lounge Lizard". We love Sonny and Cosmic Rays Starlight Cafe.

That would be "Sunny" Eclipse. *Rimshot*:lol: :cool: :wave:

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I'm gonna go with Columbia Harbor House.

You really get a lot of food for the price, and it's always well done....It's become a quick snack place for us as well, as we can split the special that has both chicken fingers and fish. It's great if you know you should eat lunch, but really want to keep moving :)

Testtrack321

MK- Columbia Harbor House
Epcot- Electric Umbrella (why, I don't know, but there's something about the ugly uniforms and the neon weather that appeals to me)
MGM- Commisary & Backlot Express
AK- Tusker House- first fastfood place I ate at AK and so far the only place I will go. Great breakfasts, and great to go to after an early morning safari on Kiliomanjaro.

Disnycrazy

Magic Kingdom - is a toss up between Peco Bills and Cosmic Ray's
Epcot - The Electric Umbrella
MGM- The Commisary
Animal Kingdom - don't know I am not usually there long enough to eat.

I also love the food courts at most of the resorts especially at Caribbean Beach. Most of the Counter Service Restaraunts are great they all have really good food for a great price.

BigNorm

My family and I have always been partial to Pinnochio's in MK. No particular reason, but that's where we always eat when we are in that park. However, we visited, and really liked, Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe this past year for a quick dinner. Love that Sunny Eclipse. In AK, there's only one place to eat for us and that would be Restaurantosaurus...the food's nothing special, but it's a fun place to sit and eat and people watch.

Brooke

My favorite is probably Pinocchio in Fantasyland. I love the free cheese sauce (the food is overpriced but I get excited over the free cheese sauce!) and the seating next to it's a small world. When I was little I used to wave at everyone that went by.

swimmom

We do a lot of couner service food, but I would have to say that each trip we always go to Cosmic Ray's in MK & Yakitori House in the World Showcase.:slurp:

Chropistopy

MK: There's so many....love Pinocchio's (I too love the cheese), Pecos Bill's (love the chili cheese fries), Columbia Harbour House, Cosmic Ray's....

Epcot: Electric Umbrella or the restaurant in the American Adventure building

MGM: ABC Commissary or Backlot

DAK: Restaurantosauras

Blizzard Beach: Lattawatta Lodge

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom