The American Idol Experience closing for short refurbishment in June

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Something spectacular could be put in the combined AI and the former Sounds Dangerous space.
In my never to be humble opinion, DHS needs more attractions (read RIDES), not more shows. Something needs to be built to take the pressure off Toy Story Midway Mania.

danstadnik

I guess I'm in the minority, but I wish they'd go back to something like Superstar Television - but obviously a modern update.
And not tied into any specific show - get back to the "Behind the Scenes" Hollywood aspect that the park was founded on!

menamechris

I can't help be feel AI is a complete misuse of space. How they are not putting a blockbuster attraction in there is beyond me. I see kids racing to that building because it looks like it would hold something spectacular...only to come to a screetching halt when they realize its a karaoke show...

Maybe now that AI continued its dip in ratings this last season, Disney will be a little more motivated to get rid of it before it is a joke...

Rescue Ranger

Actually, especially with it being an ABC show, I think a Dancing with the Stars type of experience I would be fine with. At least in comparison. Unlike this, it would actually make sense and provide at least some form of entertainment.

baymenxpac

Actually, especially with it being an ABC show, I think a Dancing with the Stars type of experience I would be fine with. At least in comparison. Unlike this, it would actually make sense and provide at least some form of entertainment.

i don't think it's feasible. besides the fact that the stars that are on the show go through rigorous training to get the routine down (one that's obviously not possible to do in a matter of minutes), but i'm sure guests willing to be "performers" would be low. they have trouble getting people to audition to sing. i can't imagine they'd have an easier time getting people to dance. and i know this is personal taste, but i can at least justify seeing if anyone in the park that day can sing. i have no interest in watching them dance.

i, too, always thought it would be cool to do an updated superstar television (with ABC and ESPN shows to pull from). it always provided a repeat-ability factor for returning guests. but i'm down for something new utilizing both spaces.

for what it's worth: lowest rated AI finale in the history of the show this past week. lost 8 million viewers just from last year.

Spikerdink

When I brought 4 friends who were 'newbies' this past year, we spent enough time in HS to do TSMM, Beauty and Beast, Muppets and lunch at Sci Fi. That was all that appealed to them (not ToT or RRC types!)

That being said, HS needs an infusion of life to keep it vibrant. It does need a new ride that people talk about and generates foot traffic in the park....

ratherbeinwdw

:sohappy:

DHS is more for teens than young children and teens love this attraction. Where else can they have the opportunity to get on a real stage with lights, sound, etc in front of so many people. I know teens who practice for 6 weeks or more to get ready to perform. I've never been to a single show where the performers weren't good. It is always entertaining. We are obviously in the minority in this thread, but we love it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom