The American Idol Experience closing for short refurbishment in June

Dwarful

I have never taken the time to watch this show. Are the audiences usually full? Or is it mostly the family/groups of the people who are on stage? Just curious.

jensenrick

DHS is more for teens than young children and teens love this attraction. Where else can they have the opportunity to get on a real stage with lights, sound, etc in front of so many people. I know teens who practice for 6 weeks or more to get ready to perform. I've never been to a single show where the performers weren't good. It is always entertaining. We are obviously in the minority in this thread, but we love it.

I agree, I really enjoy this show too! At least it's entertaining and fresh each time you see it, something sorely lacking from this park. I've seen some really talented people, and I'd say some of young people who have won the finale show and gotten the golden ticket- just might get somewhere.

I mean, I wouldn't be sad if they closed it to put a new major ride in that building- but I'm not holding my breath for *that* to happen. Meanwhile, there is a great show that I usually see 2 or 3 times on the same day, if I'm looking for a particular person to win the finale (not much else to do after riding ToT, RnRC and ST)

wickedsoccer22

I have never taken the time to watch this show. Are the audiences usually full? Or is it mostly the family/groups of the people who are on stage? Just curious.

It get's decent audiences throughout the day and usually the finale shows are near full. During the summer almost every show was full (or well, they all were last August). They also have that video board outside the building that attracts a number of people as well. They actually did really well with 5 or 6 of the top 13 contestants getting a golden ticket from the attraction this past season.

Also, for those of you who do watch American Idol, this season's runner up Jessica Sanchez is going to be there today.

Tigger1988

It get's decent audiences throughout the day and usually the finale shows are near full. During the summer almost every show was full (or well, they all were last August). They also have that video board outside the building that attracts a number of people as well. They actually did really well with 5 or 6 of the top 13 contestants getting a golden ticket from the attraction this past season.

Also, for those of you who do watch American Idol, this season's runner up Jessica Sanchez is going to be there today.

Yup, when I was there in April they mentioned that 6 contestants in the top 12 this season were Golden Ticket holders. That's amazing.

Space Mountain

If anyone is going to bash the show, take the time to audition and go through the steps to make it on the show. There's more to this experience than just watching it as a guest in the theater. And if you can't sing or don't want to, ask if you can have a quick tour of the facility. They put more work into it as an full running attraction than most may believe.

ADP2

Not to go way off subject here, but the number of refurbs and new construction going on at WDW is incredible. As for a WDW ticket price increase I can't see that happening very soon considering all of the refurbs coming up (in progress) or new construction still going on, maybe an increase in August with another increase later this year. Who knows <shrugs shoulders>

Jimmy Thick

People who needlessly bash AI have never done it, or don't have the guts to try. There is nothing wrong with the attraction, its a fantastic experience just like Who Wants TO Be A Millionare was. If its so bad, I suggest you try to get on stage and see just how much fun it is.

Jimmy Thick-But most people will continue to snip with ignorance.

captainkidd

People who needlessly bash AI have never done it, or don't have the guts to try. There is nothing wrong with the attraction, its a fantastic experience just like Who Wants TO Be A Millionare was. If its so bad, I suggest you try to get on stage and see just how much fun it is.

Can't speak for anyone else, but I simply hate the TV show, therefore haven't gone to see the attraction. Is it all that surprising? If you hate the Muppets, would you go see Muppet Vision 3D?

rsoxguy

I stand in hope that "refurbishment" is some type of vague internet terminology for "get rid of a dud and replace it with something good".

RSoxNo1

The production value of the show is top notch. It's well done, but ultimately it's not worth the time investment for many people. That's the problem with most shows, you have people that simply aren't interested in a follow up visit because they got everything out of it that they wanted on visit #1.

baymenxpac

The production value of the show is top notch. It's well done, but ultimately it's not worth the time investment for many people. That's the problem with most shows, you have people that simply aren't interested in a follow up visit because they got everything out of it that they wanted on visit #1.

completely agreed. plus to respond to jimmy's comment, some people don't want to get on stage and try it. not everyone has the same thirst to be the center of attention. and those who don't, or are on the fence, may not want to push themselves past their boundaries on vacation. just sayin'.

wdwfan4ver

There is nothing wrong with the attraction, its a fantastic experience just like Who Wants TO Be A Millionare was. If its so bad, I suggest you try to get on stage and see just how much fun it is.

I don't think you should bad mouth people that never seen the attraction like in my case. It really doesn't matter how well done the show is if the person has good reasons not to watch it.

I never went to American Idol Experience, but I have 2 good reasons. The first reason is I never been a fan of American Idol and the 2nd reason is the fact I don't like to sing on stage and embarrass myself. I am a person who sucks at signing and there are other people out there that can't sing well either. I actually tried to sing with the members of the congregation of my church during service multiples times and I just don't sing well.

American Idol Experience for me wouldn't have been a good experience at all because the fact I don't like to embarrass myself on stage while being the center of attention.

Tigger1988

I don't think you should bad mouth people that never seen the attraction like in my case. It really doesn't matter how well done the show is if the person has good reasons not to watch it.

I never went to American Idol Experience, but I have 2 good reasons. The first reason is I never been a fan of American Idol and the 2nd reason is the fact I don't like to sing on stage and embarrass myself. I am a person who sucks at signing and there are other people out there that can't sing well either. I actually tried to sing with the members of the congregation of my church during service multiples times and I just don't sing well.

American Idol Experience for me wouldn't have been a good experience at all because the fact I don't like to embarrass myself on stage while being the center of attention.

Except one doesn't have to sing to experience the attraction. 90% of those experiencing the attraction aren't singing or doing anything other than watching.

It's one thing not to like the TV show but to claim you can't go enjoy it because you're not a singer is kinda weak.

wdwfan4ver

I don't see American Idol Experience close for another year at least. American got a 21.49 rating for a season finale despite having a 30 percent drop from Season 10 finale. The rating actually is a great rating for show, but the problem is how high the ratings were at its peak.

The question for American Idol Experience being open really should depend on how good the viewership is during season 12. It very possible to see the final performance for season 12 to be under 10 for a television rating since since season 11 for final Performance was a 14.85 compare to 20.57 for Season 10.

The way I project American Idol, Season 13 or 14 premiere it will be in be the first season for American Idol to have a rating under 10 for the first time since the first season if they the ratings drop by 30 percent for the premiere for the next 2 seasons.

RSoxNo1

You are entitled to not see the attraction, but when you haven't seen the attraction it's not fair to judge it. I have no interest in seaing the Playhouse Disney show in the Animation Courtyard, but you won't hear me saying it's the worst show on property because my opinion on it is meaningless.

Captain Chaos

Except one doesn't have to sing to experience the attraction. 90% of those experiencing the attraction aren't singing or doing anything other than watching.

It's one thing not to like the TV show but to claim you can't go enjoy it because you're not a singer is kinda weak.

This is true... I can;t sing to save my life... I took in one show and thought it was well produced, and I hate the TV show...

If AI went away tomorrow, I wouldn't care.. But let's also face facts... is they closed AIE tomorrow, the building would sit empty for years... So I rather AIE be there than nothing...

wdwfan4ver

. But let's also face facts... is they closed AIE tomorrow, the building would sit empty for years... So I rather AIE be there than nothing...

That is true, but that building will be empty by 2017 based on the fact American Idol will not having new seasons anymore by that time and that area will like like a sore thumb with Sounds Dangerous and American Idol being empty space.

American Idol ratings is declining for a while, but now the decline is happening at faster pace. American Idol had a great finale rating, but it was a 30 percent decline compare the rating the finale had in 2011. Have a 21 rating for a finale is great, but the question is how bad the drop will be for the finale for season 12.

muse1983

:brick:They're actually closing this down for a refurb...can we please kill this and replace it with something worthy?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom