The American Adventure closing for refurbishment

JohnD

I realize it's the holiday season and people are off doing other things but anyone have any info about the reopening? Was it just a spruce up? Anything else?

doctornick

I'd be surprised to see Walt's quote disappear. Ayn Rand, on the other hand, is an interesting inclusion!
Perhaps but the content of the quote is pretty benign:

1672191771425.jpeg

MerlinTheGoat

The Walt quote can and should return. No idea why they removed it. I gather that there is indeed a faction in the company who considers Walt Disney "problematic" (much of which isn't for the reasons you might think when you see that word) and would like to erase him. But at the same time, i'm not sure how much power they wield at the moment, or if this was why his AA quote was removed. For as many examples that you can find of them removing traces of Walt, they've added new ones such as statues and other exposure.

Last edited by a moderator:

Animaniac93-98

Maybe they're just rearranging quotes and pictures in the lobby? I forget where exactly those two quotes were placed before.

Maybe they want to put up ads for National Treasure on Disney+ instead.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The Walt quote can and should return. No idea why they removed it. I gather that there is indeed a faction in the company who considers Walt Disney "problematic" (much of which isn't for the reasons you might think when you see that word) and would like to erase him.
At the same time they were refurbishing AA to remove 'problematic Walt' they added him to the 50th MK nighttime show. Makes perfect sense!

This is more conspiracy theory based on nothing. Just like that phony rumor awhile back that they were going to remove Walt's name from Walt Disney World because he is 'problematic.'

As if all the things named "Disney" doesn't also reference the same person as "Walt."

Sir_Cliff

At the same time they were refurbishing AA to remove 'problematic Walt' they added him to the 50th MK nighttime show. Makes perfect sense!

This is more conspiracy theory based on nothing. Just like that phony rumor awhile back that they were going to remove Walt's name from Walt Disney World because he is 'problematic.'

As if all the things named "Disney" doesn't also reference the same person as "Walt."
Yes, people keep asserting that Disney is trying to cancel Walt, but it's hard to see any evidence for it. For one thing, they're not only not tearing down their existing Walt statues, but in fact building a new one that will look across the park toward American Adventure.

That he looks like he's on the toilet is a separate issue.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom