The All Quirky, No Turkey Fantasy Cruise Report

There are three aspects of Thanksgiving that many people don’t like: cooking, cleaning, and arguing with relatives for the umpteenth time about unresolvable issues. What if, say, a family was to remove those obstacles by setting sail on the Disney Fantasy over Thanksgiving week? Could that action result in the best Thanksgiving ever?

Yep.

We were thankful for every minute we had that week, and while none of us actually had turkey on Thanksgiving (in our defense it was lobster night), it turned out to be a perfect trip, nonetheless.

Well, near perfect.

There were many, many highlights from the trip, and I’ll cover those. There were a couple of disappointing areas, and in true message board fashion, I’ll be beating those into the ground. I’ll also compare and contrast DCL to WDW.

I’ve blathered on quite a bit already without any pictures, so to satisfy those who hate words, here are a couple of pictures from our verandah:

Fantasy1_zps8739ac02.jpg

Fantasy1a_zpsa10b7000.jpg

Fantasy2_zpscedf7488.jpg

Fantasy3_zps47fb1414.jpg

Fantasy3a_zps5b5313e5.jpg

"Seriously, ocean shots? I’ll be hitting the Back button now.”

sweetpee_1993

I also think they should do different levels of the animation classes. They could even do other bits of the process besides just the sketching of a character. Or, oooooooh, how about designing your OWN character??? There's a lot to be done with that series. I guess they keep it simple to cater to the masses, tho.

Loved your outting with the fam to the waterfall. That looked like fun. Definitely my kind of activity! Makes me so excited for our adventure-packed upcoming Fantasy cruise!

Oooooh....I wonder what they're doing on CC??? Seriously, sooooo wish they'd find a place to do another 20 cabanas. I hate that they're so hard to get. Love love love the snorkeling in the lagoon. So true, they put the good surprises all the way out there and the fish are definitely more plentiful on the outter reaches. Love it. So much fun.

In the process of moving, again, I sorted out stacks of crap I've brought off the ship from the last few cruises. I think I also save every scrap of paper. I scanned in our navigators a while back. I totally purged the big pile of junk I had down to a small bundle. I save too much stuff!

Loved your report! Cannot wait for May to get here! The Fantasy is gonna rock!

GenerationX

Original Poster
Yeah, I highly highly recommend the rock climbing and zip lining in San Juan, @sweetpee_1993, particularly given the ages of your boys (and the fact that they seem to have similar interests to my boys). You and the hubby would love it, too.

I'm a huge pack rat, too. You should see our attic. :eek:

I appreciate all of your comments on my report, and I look forward to your upcoming Fantasy report!

disneyfan1995

Awesome trip report!! I really enjoyed reading. I was just on the Fantasy for my spring break and I had a blast!! Did you guys see any of the shows in the Walt Disney Theater?

GenerationX

Original Poster
Thanks, farrel and disneyfan!

We saw movies, shows, and the lifeboat drill at the Walt Disney Theater. Not only is it a fantastic entertainment venue, but its seats can be used as flotation devices. :D

GenerationX

Original Poster
Somehow we missed all of the big stage shows (d'oh!). We did see the ventriloquist in the Walt Disney Theater, and he was pretty entertaining.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Great TR. It easily cracks my top 380 TR's of all time and I think it will make the top 43 for cruise TR's. Seriously, awesome job.

GenerationX

Original Poster
Great TR. It easily cracks my top 380 TR's of all time and I think it will make the top 43 for cruise TR's. Seriously, awesome job.
I was shooting to make everyone's top 424/59, and I now know I was successful in at least one case. Yes!

I genuinely appreciate the likes and the comments. It was a fun trip and a fun write.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom