Trip Report The 6 Parks, 4 Days, 26th Birthday Extravaganza- COMPLETED

Hello everyone! I’ve been back from Orlando for one week now, so I figured I might as well get this started (I miss it so much).

This is just the entry post, I’ll begin telling the tales of adventure later :)

riverside

Day 1: Friday, November 24th- Arrival Day, Part 4

Considering how I hadn’t been to Orlando in almost 10 years, I was pretty impressed I was able to find this store without a map... although I’ll admit I was just wandering around when I found it again.

View attachment 249480
Ah, the World of Disney, my second Disney home growing up. I have so many memories running around this place on all of my WDW trips with family. :joyfull:

I was on a mission though: find Mickey Mouse outfits for a coworker. My favorite colleague and his wife adopted a baby, and even though she’s only 7 months old, she is obsessed with Mickey Mouse. I kept finding the cutest things and was having a hard time deciding what to choose. I ended up picking out a pair of Mickey pajamas and this cute little outfit:
View attachment 249491
They also had a Donald onesie that I would totally have bought if I had a baby. :inlove:
View attachment 249492

I also spent way too much time searching for pins to bedazzle my backpack with. :oops::rolleyes: Ah well, when in Disney...

I took a quick look in the Princess room, and I swear I never would have left if I was a kid. There was a lot when I was growing up, but now there’s even more. Good luck to all you parents and grandparents with young daughters. Took a quick peek at the Star Wars area, and man, Disney is milking that property for everything it’s worth. I’m still a little worried about it being overdone, tbh.

After staring at a map trying to figure out where the heck the Dress Shop was, I ended up stumbling upon the Christmas tree trail.
View attachment 249482
I want these in my house so badly.:cry: I didn’t plan on taking pictures of all of them at the start, so my photo collection is missing Mickey & Minnie and Pinocchio.

View attachment 249493

View attachment 249494

View attachment 249495

View attachment 249496
View attachment 249497

More trees in the next post. And soon, a post with friends! I won’t be alone anymore!
I love the photos of the Christmas Tree Trail!! I was there Sunday evening and only got to see 3 of them b/c it was so crowded!!
It was hard to take pictures of the few that I did see b/c there were so many people. Seeing your pictures makes me wish I would have carried on!!

WDWTank

Alright, a bit of background on this trip in case you haven't read the pre-trip report (if you want to, it's here- Thanksgiving/Birthday 2017):

My best friend Katie and I have been planning this trip for about a year and a half. Initially we considered going in September, but decided on Thanksgiving weekend due to a) already taking time off work for Black Friday and b) my birthday! Joining us would be her then boyfriend, now fiance, Josh, and her former college roommate Erin. I'd asked my sister if she wanted to come, but unfortunately, it wasn't going to work with her work schedule. Also when we started planning this, we kept an 'open boyfriend space' for me up until like March, because we thought "Who knows, maybe Liz will find love again and her man friend can come too". Well, I did end up meeting someone... in late June, so it was a little late to ask someone to take a vacation to Florida with me. But he understands.

Katie and I began planning this trip a couple months after I lost my paternal grandfather, but at the time, my other three grandparents were alive and mostly well. My mom's parents were both struggling with different forms of dementia, but mostly okay, and my paternal grandmother was pretty great, all things considered.

In January, my remaining grandpa started receiving hospice care at home. Surprising all of us, he kept chugging along through February, March, April, and May. At the end of May, I left for my first trip to Alaska to visit some of my family. I received a call from my aunt when I arrived at the airport telling me that my grandmama (my paternal grandma) had broken her hip and had to go to the hospital. She was sent to a rehab nursing home, and since she always made full recoveries, I thought she would be okay. Flash forward another month, and my beloved dog Maci, who had been my constant companion for 14 years, was in failing health. The decision was made to put her down when I took her to the vet with my mom. So naturally, that made me think of my upcoming Disney trip more and more, because I thought "this is as bad it's going to get, right? Maci was 14, and I've been preparing for Grandpa since January. I will be okay."

Well, literally 4 days after I put my dog down, I was on the lake with some friends and found out that my grandmama was back in the hospital and needed more surgery. Less than one month later, I had to say goodbye to her. 6 weeks after she passed away, my grandpa took a turn for the worse, and 4 days later, I said goodbye to my grandpa (tomorrow actually marks 2 months without him).

So, in short, essentially since I began planning this trip seriously, I lost 3 grandparents and my dog. I gained about 12 pounds over 4 months from stress eating and general lack of wanting to do anything, and that's led to some serious body confidence issues. I wasn't crazy about a lot of the pictures taken of me, since I gained more weight than I wish I would have, but when I look at the pictures, I'm trying not to think of my weight gain, but instead, that I was having the time of my life.

Sorry for the downer post. Just puts things in perspective a little because I really had an amazing trip (hadn't been to Disney in 9 1/2 years and it really felt like I was coming home), and it's definitely lifted my mood just thinking about the memories I made in Orlando :)

So, who went? (from left to right)
24176712_10155340860801312_9090682093188079641_n.jpg

Josh, Katie, me (Liz), and Erin

When? November 24th-29th

Where? WDW and Universal (We stayed at Pop Century)
Gorgeous:)

Big Hair

I am following along. Are you a fellow Michigander or do you live south of metro or maybe a Canuck? I am from northwestern lower Michigan. We flew out of Metro in October for our WDW trip. Normally fly out of GR. You were definitely due for some magic time!

Princess Leia

Original Poster
I am following along. Are you a fellow Michigander or do you live south of metro or maybe a Canuck? I am from northwestern lower Michigan. We flew out of Metro in October for our WDW trip. Normally fly out of GR. You were definitely due for some magic time!
I’m an Ohioan, but live closer to Metro than Columbus or Cleveland.

21stamps

Day 1: Friday, November 24th- Arrival Day, Part 3

I got off of the bus and waited for my luggage. And waited.... and waited some more. My suitcase was literally the second to last piece of luggage pulled from the bus. Luckily, I was in no hurry. I’d received a text from Katie saying that their plane had some issues and needed to be fixed, but they would meet me at Disney Springs later. Find by me, more time for me to explore :)

I thought the jumbo bowling pins looked pretty neat.

View attachment 249317
I walked into Pop, luggage in hand, and checked the MDE app to see if I could check in. The answer was most definitely no, so I asked a CM where I could store my luggage, and if I could possibly have a birthday pin.

View attachment 249318
This really put me in the Disney mood.

I walked out and waited for the bus to Disney Springs. It was getting close to 1 and I was starting to feel a bit hungry.
View attachment 249319

On my way :)
View attachment 249320

After walking around a bit in Disney Springs (trying not to get lost because holy flip this place is huge), I found myself near Raglan Road. It was about 1:30, and I looked at the app and saw there was a 1:45 reservation open for 1 (All by myyyyselllff). I asked a hostess if I could reserve it, and she said I could eat at the bar, reservation free, if I wanted to. As I was alone and didn’t exactly want to take up a whole table for myself, I decided that was a pretty great idea... if I could only find a seat.

Raglan Road was packed. Absolutely filled to the brim. I found the one open seat at the bar and made myself at home. The bartender brought out some soda bread, which was heavenly (I need to find the recipe for it and the dipping sauce).

View attachment 249321
Michael was the head bartender, and he was phenomenal. He wished me a happy birthday like 5 times, was very attentive, and asked other guests if they “were here for Elizabeth’s birthday parade?” Major kudos to him.

As it was my birthday trip, I thought I should start off with a drink.
View attachment 249322
Hello wonderful :hungry: This was the Iced Irish, and I enjoyed it very much.
View attachment 249323
After a bit, my fish and chips arrived behind me.
View attachment 249324
I wasn’t expecting one large strip of fish, but it was so incredibly flaky. The fish literally fell away from the breading too.
I tipped well, because the service was great, and I noticed that by the time I left, half the people who had been there had filed out. It was unbelievable to see the difference.

I was on my way, but to where?
View attachment 249325

That drink looks delish!

Princess Leia

Original Poster
Day 1: Friday, November 24th- Arrival Day, Part 6

Last couple of trees:
43B700BE-D665-4A24-95B2-B9E84EF48D77.jpeg

A65FBB5D-95D2-44F9-98F4-894BB6D6F06E.jpeg

I’d received a text from Katie that she and Josh had arrived in Disney Springs, so off I went to find them.
Passed this along the way:
32FAFBB4-CE12-4053-9A09-89966BFFE2BA.jpeg

And these stunning figures:
D2A0BEB8-EB00-4489-8808-ED33E764CC24.jpeg
9312DFBB-0429-44CF-8282-ED2D14C4A68F.jpeg

Finally found Katie and Josh walking around :D And off we went to Jock Lindsay’s!
72B089B5-83EA-4ED6-933F-87DF2AC51C1A.jpeg

The special was the ‘cool headed monkey’, which I refused to call by that name. We were in a bar based off of a minor character from Raiders, so I kind of had to call the drink ‘chilled monkey brains’.
05854963-90FD-4BB0-9F93-B52E22579C24.jpeg

I don’t remember what Josh had, but Katie & I both ordered these and loved them.

33477457-CC56-40D3-8F9E-B900D20479C7.jpeg

Reunited with the best friend :) It was about 60-some degrees, and for the first time ever, I was not the cold one. Katie and Josh kept trying to get me to put on my jacket, but I was weirdly warm.

Round 2 of drinks (Katie & Josh’s):

E49B2632-3621-4331-B2E1-000E71D5B418.jpeg

I got Reggie’s drink:
6010FCF4-7D29-4147-9E04-F44D99DA364B.jpeg

And it was about halfway thru this thing that I felt a tiny bit tipsy.

Lyssa

Those Christmas trees are so pretty :) I'm sad they'll probably be gone when I get there. I have a slight Christmas tree problem.

And that Cold Irish drink looks so yummy, and I love the description of Ireland's answer to Starbucks ;)

Princess Leia

Original Poster
Day 1: Friday, November 24th- Arrival Day, Part 7

This trip report is taking forever :oops: We haven’t even gotten to the parks yet.

So, we eventually left the bar and got moving, searching for the Dress Shop on Cherry St Lane.

Hmmm... where’s Reggie?
A6CD546D-3DFB-4405-A8AA-D6E7D75C2741.jpeg

But first, Katie wanted poutine:
A7BFC92E-E620-4583-8CA5-E5A7A627998B.jpeg

Now, I am incredibly particular when it comes to poutine, and whenever I see the cheese deep fried, I get ticked off. Fortunately, this was very good poutine. I only had a couple of bites though, since I was thinking of our dinner at Ohana later :hungry:

I realized my mistake eventually in thinking that the Dress Shop was in a building of its own, and not part of the Marketplace, and we found the Dress Shop. Bit of a hint to Disney- put this in a shop of its own. With more dressing rooms. And more space. It felt very crowded back there.

That being said, I loved the choices and styles. If I had the time and money, I could have spent all my shopping time in there.

Helloooooo Pirates dress
AA7DD770-A9FC-4F2A-859F-6D9307F23BA8.jpeg

Now, online, this was not my favorite dress. I thought it looked okay, but not great, but I wanted to try it anyways. I also picked up a teacup skirt to try, and Katie & I got in line. And we waited... and waited, and waited some more. Got into a nice conversation with a woman on her honeymoon (her husband and Josh just kind of waited in the corner).

Perks of being best friends with someone- you can share a dressing room! So Katie and I went in, and immediately were greeted with a massive pile of clothes on the floor. I didn’t get a picture, but it was like 2 feet high. I understand that this happens in a lot of retail places, but it ticked me off that people couldn’t be bothered to put the dresses and skirts back on their hangers.

I ended up buying a dress, Katie did not. I was super excited to wear it to dinner that night. I parted ways with K&J so I could nap and shower, and made my way back to the busses.
F7D9EC73-9B4B-42AA-A9A1-E576BA9C7E38.jpeg

Luckily I didn’t need to wait too long, and I was on my way back to Pop
2C450695-0C43-4518-8620-F95DBF1802C2.jpeg

Hello room
D974C513-B53B-4A56-BF41-B96BB405E848.jpeg
89A5C0EB-4775-4BB5-99AD-BE5A21EF2B54.jpeg

Tried to sleep... but I was way too pumped about being at Disney to nap. So I showered instead. Josh and Katie arrived when I was in the shower, and so began the first of many “Josh close your eyes!!” I may be the third part of their relationship, but there are just some things he doesn’t need to see.

Found Tarzan on Disney jr. First time that I had watched that in years.
4CDE795C-CB1E-47F6-B5BF-A72DD6139759.jpeg

Erin was going to be landing soon, and we were going to need to get to the Poly, so we started getting ready for dinner.

Clean hair, clean face, and the realization that my dress has skulls on it.
26DD55F5-3EE9-46D3-A975-427D260994D6.jpeg

Whoops :oops: I love the dress though, I’ve worn it a couple times to work since buying it. :joyfull:

2DD49DE7-172A-40E8-B4A8-530CE4A61111.jpeg

Drink up, me hearties, yo ho! It’s time for our trip to the Poly!

ELeigh

Day 1: Friday, November 24th- Arrival Day, Part 4

Considering how I hadn’t been to Orlando in almost 10 years, I was pretty impressed I was able to find this store without a map... although I’ll admit I was just wandering around when I found it again.

View attachment 249480
Ah, the World of Disney, my second Disney home growing up. I have so many memories running around this place on all of my WDW trips with family. :joyfull:

I was on a mission though: find Mickey Mouse outfits for a coworker. My favorite colleague and his wife adopted a baby, and even though she’s only 7 months old, she is obsessed with Mickey Mouse. I kept finding the cutest things and was having a hard time deciding what to choose. I ended up picking out a pair of Mickey pajamas and this cute little outfit:
View attachment 249491
They also had a Donald onesie that I would totally have bought if I had a baby. :inlove:
View attachment 249492

I also spent way too much time searching for pins to bedazzle my backpack with. :oops::rolleyes: Ah well, when in Disney...

I took a quick look in the Princess room, and I swear I never would have left if I was a kid. There was a lot when I was growing up, but now there’s even more. Good luck to all you parents and grandparents with young daughters. Took a quick peek at the Star Wars area, and man, Disney is milking that property for everything it’s worth. I’m still a little worried about it being overdone, tbh.

After staring at a map trying to figure out where the heck the Dress Shop was, I ended up stumbling upon the Christmas tree trail.
View attachment 249482
I want these in my house so badly.:cry: I didn’t plan on taking pictures of all of them at the start, so my photo collection is missing Mickey & Minnie and Pinocchio.

View attachment 249493

View attachment 249494

View attachment 249495

View attachment 249496
View attachment 249497

More trees in the next post. And soon, a post with friends! I won’t be alone anymore!

Love the pictures of the character trees, my son wore that same mickey onesie in 2016 when we went for his first birthday and I loved it (in the picture my son and god daughter just saw Mickey for the first time and were running to him)

Attachments

• IMG_0128.JPG
    IMG_0128.JPG
    127.8 KB · Views: 85

Princess Leia

Original Poster
Love the pictures of the character trees, my son wore that same mickey onesie in 2016 when we went for his first birthday and I loved it (in the picture my son and god daughter just saw Mickey for the first time and were running to him)
Awwwwwww

Princess Leia

Original Poster
I really have been meaning to update this, but I got super busy unexpectedly, and while I have time to update it tonight, I’m too tired to work on it, go figure :p

I will say this- Katie and I have decided to postpone our Disneyland trip for a couple reasons.

Reason 1- she’s getting married and going on her honeymoon this year, and will be running pretty low on vacation days when we thought about going to Anaheim

Reason 2- my friend Julia just informed me that her Disney wedding is planned for October, and I’m invited. Depending on what my schedule looks like, I could be going to that.

Princess Leia

Original Poster
Day 1: Friday, November 24th- Arrival Day, Part 8

We got out to the bus stop to wait in line for the Magic Kingdom bus. We waited, and waited some more. We looked at the clock and noticed it would be 10 more minutes until we got to the Poly. “Wait a minute,” I said to myself with a grin, “the Epcot monorail could take us, so our adventure could begin!” (Okay I didn’t really say that, it was more like “Guys, we can just take the Epcot bus, it’ll be here in 2 minutes, and then we can get on the monorail.”)

4E11EF54-3980-451E-8384-571C3AE1D83D.jpeg
The first time on the trip that I used Epcot solely for transportation
4E70E6B9-719A-414D-BC0E-870C59E782D6.jpeg

Princess Leia

Original Poster
Day 1: Friday, November 24th- Arrival Day, Part 9

And this is where the drama begins.

We were traveling on our way to the Poly when Katie got a text from Erin telling her that the Magical Express would not take her from the airport to the Poly. Instead, she would have to go to Pop, then figure out how to get from Pop to Poly. This went against what Katie had heard when she had checked with transportation. Erin tried to talk to the Magical Express people, but they wouldn’t budge. And by the time she would have made it to the Poly, we would have been finishing our meal, so she said that she would have to find dinner at Pop instead :(

Obviously, we weren’t happy about that, but the night had to continue.
3651C38D-25ED-4F09-9EED-A906D44F206C.jpeg

First time at the Poly!
42E45ED4-9BA5-46FB-90BD-C1DBBD40070D.jpeg

We had some time to kill, so we went outside and watched the Electrical Water Pageant (not the best pictures in the world, sorry)
54334135-F45D-47C1-93F8-337F9AE2F06C.jpeg
7E90506F-BC2F-4B22-964B-7929250F9FF2.jpeg
F76F4299-56F1-4F6E-9DCD-AA0ECA6260AD.jpeg
0537D832-8C59-4B20-A2E0-B7DB9A78F8CB.jpeg

We decided to head over to Trader Sam’s next. As soon as I realized that it was strictly 21+, my heart rose a little. Thank you Disney for creating adult places, as well as all of the places I loved as a kid.
Annnnnd it was a good thing kids weren’t allowed at Trader Sam’s, because I swore almost immediately when I saw this staring down at me:
28E8B05D-2BF5-4470-9B85-03A8CD25F950.jpeg

Oh Ua-Oh, I do not have fond memories of you.

I ordered the Krakatoa Punch, Katie the Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Rum, and Josh the Hippopoto-MaiTai
E3282B00-4FCA-401F-92FE-EEA8EE6A2DEE.jpeg

I could have sworn I had a picture of all of our drinks, but the singular picture of my drink is all I appear to have :(
We enjoyed our drinks and the atmosphere, but soon it was time for us to experience Ohana.

Attachments

• 44239973-7AFD-47E6-A903-C0D0004AFA29.jpeg
    44239973-7AFD-47E6-A903-C0D0004AFA29.jpeg
    124 KB · Views: 81

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom