Trip Report The “More SunPass than the average Florida resident/Can you believe this is happening?” Trip Report.

*****Disclaimer*****
This is my first trip using a GoPro as my primary form of image capturing. With this comes some trial and error that I learned along the way so I do apologize for the occasional fuzzy picture as well as the excessive amount of pictures I am about to bombard you with. Additionally, I am not known for my wordsmithing as I favor the 1’s and 0’s over the A’s and B’s so I apologize ahead of time for the inevitable grammar and spelling typos that will surely come your way. That said, I do hope you enjoy the following!

So here we are, Surf ‘n Turf trip number four! For all the funtivities about the who/what/when/etc have yourself a nice read here:
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/18-years-of-marital-bliss-means-it’s-time-for-some-surf-n-turf-action…-again.915877/

So after about five and half hours of sleep I was up bright and early at 04:00 with the DW soon up to follow. The DMIL, who was staying over to watch the DD, saw us off and we ended up pulling out of the house around 04:40 to avoid the madness that is Atlanta traffic. We had to make a quick stop to fuel up first:
20161019_044732.jpg

We chose to avoid eating until we got through downtown because I didn’t want to risk getting caught in anything the ATL could conjure up. Soon we were on the south side and ready for some breakfast. We passed a sign for Truett’s grill, Chick-fil-A founder, and thought this sounded good, I love me some spicy chicken biscuit action! We took the exit and made our way to the grill only to find out that they didn’t open for breakfast until 06:00!! Alas, it was only 05:45 and I was on a mission to not waste time so we hopped back on I-75 and made our way south. We ended up dining at a Chick-fil-A in Macon only to learn that the spicy chicken biscuit has now become a regional item!! I pressed the server to make sure she knew what state we were still in and that the idea of a spicy chicken biscuit not being available in Truett’s home state was just plain nuts! So the DW and I settled for a pair of chicken biscuits but had the fortune that a Dunkin Donuts was right across the street so we were able to secure some good coffee for the trip.
[TangetTime]

True story: I actually met Honey Boo Boo at this very Dunkin Donuts during the state wrestling tournament about three years ago. Now aren’t you jealous!!!
hbb.jpg

hbb2jpg.jpg

[/TangentTime]

We would only stop one more time for fuel and restroom access during our travels. We did, however, pass a most entertaining car fire as we entered into Florida. I felt a bit bad for the folks watching their car crisp up and even worse when we eventually passed the FD traveling north about 5 minutes later. What, amazingly, felt like a short seven-hour ride, we had arrived!
GPExportPhoto.jpg

We navigated our way from Western Way to MK’s main gate. Needless to say I was ready to get to the Poly. Here the DW nabbed a pic of me without knowing, it wouldn’t be the last she would get of me.
GOPR0123.jpg

GOPR0124.jpg

G0020129.jpg

Soon we were in the Poly’s lobby talking in the wonderful sights and smells.
20161019_121033.jpg

We made our way to the front desk to learn our room was not ready. We anticipated this and packed our bathing suits and some libations in a tote for an afternoon poolside before our early evening fastpasses. We made for our car and moved it to the DVC parking lot when we got the call…

lostpro9het

Original Poster
So we made our way to Cabanas.
GOPR0477.jpg

GOPR0486.jpg

GOPR0484.jpg

GOPR0485.jpg

Typically I am still pretty full from our Kona breakfast and today was no exception. I really only have one primary goal in going to Cabanas and that is POG juice!!! I cannot make Castaway Cocktail without POG juice. So step one upon entering Cabanas is getting this guy two-thirds full:
GOPR0479.jpg

I made quick work of securing the juice then looked around to see what I may want to snack on.
GOPR0480.jpg

GOPR0481.jpg

GOPR0482.jpg

This place has WAAAAAY to much good food just coming at you from all over. Even though I was not terribly hungry it was still tough deciding what to get. I settled on some protein and some veggies. You can see my Tervis is ready to be enhanced off to the right.
GOPR0483.jpg

We had ourselves a decent view from the back deck while we ate. The weather was still beautiful and we enjoyed our time before we made our way to the pool.
GOPR0478.jpg

Still to come: Pool time, our room is ready, and did we just buy more DVC points!?!?

imahistorygeek

Can I ask you an odd question: I suspected this was the Lularoe Randy shirt. I have been very tempted to get one but have been unsure of the size. We look to be around the same size. Would you mind sharing the size? So odd I realize I have hijacked the thread with this question. :)

It's a medium and I think it fits like a true medium. If you like fitted, go with true size. If you like a little loose, go up a size.

lostpro9het

Original Poster
I Spy a Fenway Park Tervis.
Interesting!
You know it! Did you notice the Fenway hat too?
Though I did LOL at your response to the fashion talk. :hilarious:
I just can't believe how popular that shi.....stuff is! She gets stopped and asked about while we're on vacation!!!

Loving the TR! Anxiously awaiting the day that I get a surprise upgrade. :rolleyes:
It'll happen, you just gotta not think about it!

I'm liking the effect you're using with your camera on some of these photos. It's kinda like the photos are panoramic, but appear slightly concave. It's really interesting.
@Tiggerish is right! It's a feature of the GoPro camera. I'm still a GoPro noob and working out all the capabilities.
That effect is called "fisheye" :)

epcotisbest

So we made our way to Cabanas.
GOPR0477.jpg

GOPR0486.jpg

GOPR0484.jpg

GOPR0485.jpg

Typically I am still pretty full from our Kona breakfast and today was no exception. I really only have one primary goal in going to Cabanas and that is POG juice!!! I cannot make Castaway Cocktail without POG juice. So step one upon entering Cabanas is getting this guy two-thirds full:
GOPR0479.jpg

I made quick work of securing the juice then looked around to see what I may want to snack on.
GOPR0480.jpg

GOPR0481.jpg

GOPR0482.jpg

This place has WAAAAAY to much good food just coming at you from all over. Even though I was not terribly hungry it was still tough deciding what to get. I settled on some protein and some veggies. You can see my Tervis is ready to be enhanced off to the right.
GOPR0483.jpg

We had ourselves a decent view from the back deck while we ate. The weather was still beautiful and we enjoyed our time before we made our way to the pool.
GOPR0478.jpg

Still to come: Pool time, our room is ready, and did we just buy more DVC points!?!?

Wow, that food looks great. Pictures like this may make us rethink our stance on not cruising.

cfry06

I feel as though I have one pose in most of these pictures. :) Plus, in case you haven't noticed, I have found a new shirt. Our daughter loving refers to it as the "dorito shirt." It's Lularoe and it's comfortable. I believe my blue dress (my Disney go-to apparel) only makes one appearance on this cruise.
Love LuLaRoe! Have one randy and wayyyyy too many leggings! Love your Randy!

cfry06

@lostpro9het , you'll be proud. We packed supplies for our own Castaway Cocktail to accompany our Poly in-room feast last week. Thanks again for the great tip on that meal- we also only ordered one adult serving and it was more than enough food for both of us (kiddo picked a bit, but mostly rocked a pb&j while mom and dad pigged out!)

Can't wait for more Dream details!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I had to look back but yes now I spy a Citgo sign.
I live about 10 miles north of Beantown!

In 2016, I believe the city's historical commission issued (pending) historical landmark status to the Citgo sign. If that thing were ever to be removed from the top of 660 Beacon, people would lose one of the best landmarks for directions. It's a main focal point to let you know where you are in the city, once you see that sign! :joyfull:

lostpro9het

Original Poster
Wow, that food looks great. Pictures like this may make us rethink our stance on not cruising.
Like @Tiggerish said, You should give it a go! Even if the ports of call are not your thing they offer so many inclusive activities that give you plenty to do. Plus, the food...so much good food available to you all the time. Its also worth noting that the service you receive on the ship is top notch. Think of the service and commitment to customer satisfaction WDW had 10-20 years ago now double it and you're close to the attention you receive from the DCL CMs.

@lostpro9het , you'll be proud. We packed supplies for our own Castaway Cocktail to accompany our Poly in-room feast last week. Thanks again for the great tip on that meal- we also only ordered one adult serving and it was more than enough food for both of us (kiddo picked a bit, but mostly rocked a pb&j while mom and dad pigged out!)

Sweet! That really is a ton of food for a single adult serving! How'd the little dude like his very own stitch bed?

Last edited:

lostpro9het

Original Poster
So we finished up with our lunch and made for the changing rooms to put on our swimsuits. Along the way the madness started to creep into the family area. Soon this pool would be overrun juvenile…..joy. Thank goodness for Quiet Cove!
GOPR0491.jpg

GOPR0492.jpg

GOPR0487.jpg

One perk of knowing what ship you’re on is you don’t need to spend the first few hours on it figuring out where things are at. This leaves more time to relax while the others are scrambling around you. We had the Quiet Cove area all to ourselves for a good hour, which was just fine by me! I went ahead and mixed up the Castaway Cocktail, grabbed some cups of ice, and enjoyed the peace and quiet the area afforded us.
20161021_122513.jpg

GOPR0490.jpg

GOPR0488.jpg

GOPR0489.jpg

GOPR0493.jpg

GOPR0495.jpg

GOPR0497.jpg

GOPR0498.jpg

We swam, relaxed, and sipped for a good while. The weather was still quite excellent and we had no motivation to leave the pool area until the cruise director made the announcement that the rooms were ready for their guests. We dried off and made for the aft of the ship excitedly to see the room we had been anticipating for a while.

Still to come: Room 7190, Dream Art, and sailing away.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom