Thanksgiving, Disney style!!

kit0214

So excited!! But I need some advice. We are flying in on the 26th and leaving the 2nd of December. Trying to decide what to pack. How much shorts vs jeans? one sweater enough for the evenings? and in the spirit of trying to do all that is special.....is it possible to do Fantasmic and the osbourne lights??

Trip members....husband, 14yrs son, 5 yrs old son.
My in laws are joing as well with their kids and spouse. First trip together to Disney!!

ratherbeinwdw

So excited!! But I need some advice. We are flying in on the 26th and leaving the 2nd of December. Trying to decide what to pack. How much shorts vs jeans? one sweater enough for the evenings? and in the spirit of trying to do all that is special.....is it possible to do Fantasmic and the osbourne lights??

Trip members....husband, 14yrs son, 5 yrs old son.
My in laws are joing as well with their kids and spouse. First trip together to Disney!!
They turn on the lights and music for Osborne as soon as it gets dark, so it depends on when Fantasmic starts.

Upvote 0

ParentsOf4

We've been going on Thanksgiving for about the last 10 years. Most years, a light jacket was needed when the sun went down, typically around 6 PM. Our daughters typical wore capris. I'd usually wear shorts in the morning; a little cool in the morning but fine by around 10 AM. Usually, we arrange things so we head back to the hotel to change into warmer cloths for dinner.

Last year was unusually cool (high temps in the low 60s with lots of clouds) and we were cold most of the time even with light jackets. Never wore shorts the entire trip.

The best advise I can offer is to monitor the forecast on weather.com.

Upvote 0

kit0214

Original Poster
We were there for Thanksgiving one year and it was really chilly. I remember taking the boat at POFQ one evening and freezing. It was the coldest I've ever been at WDW. If memory serves, most of the time I was good with a light sweatshirt/hoodie and jeans, but the nights were pretty brisk.

Thanks! you painted a clear picture!!

Upvote 0

kit0214

Original Poster
We've been going on Thanksgiving for about the last 10 years. Most years, a light jacket was needed when the sun went down, typically around 6 PM. Our daughters typical wore capris. I'd usually wear shorts in the morning; a little cool in the morning but fine by around 10 AM. Usually, we arrange things so we head back to the hotel to change into warmer cloths for dinner.

Last year was unusually cool (high temps in the low 60s with lots of clouds) and we were cold most of the time even with light jackets. Never wore shorts the entire trip.

The best advise I can offer is to monitor the forecast on weather.com.

Dang- nothing like packing to meet all needs. Geez. and the while trying to staying within the weight limit for the airline.

Upvote 0

SteveW

Be sure to check the Orlando weather forecast before you go. I went the 1st week of December last year and sweater was all that was needed a few nights. Otherwise, it was shorts, t-shirts and pullovers. But by then, 60 plus would've been a heat wave compared to home. :)

Upvote 0

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Plan on packing a big suitcase or two. We've done both shorts and coat trips. Late fall and winter months you get average temps but their highs and lows bounce all over the place for each month. We have been at POR when the ferries have not run because it was too cold and 2 days later at a water park. We always needed a jacket or sweatshirt at night.

Upvote 0

bebert

I will be lucky enough to be @ WDW during Thanksgiving as well and just started packing last night. Plan is to wear shorts each day and a tshirt but, also take a long sleeve t shirt to the parl for the day so I can slip it on when the temp drops after sunset. I dont like to be hot so, that will work perfect for me. If I happen to be chilly, I will just grab a $5 hot chocolate or coffee. My kids are packing pullover fleeces to take to the parks for the cooler nights, you should still be very comfortable in shorts or capris during the day.

Upvote 0

Mollie_Minnie

Is it me or next week temperatures look like it will still be warm at night? Like for tonight I see 72 but feels like a 82?!? I'm so mixed up on what to pack after reading this thread. The temperature is around 40 where I am right now!! lol

Upvote 0

75disney

Seriously, pack for ALL weather. One year we went for Thanksgiving week and the forecast before we left was calling for day time temps in the 80s. We packed shorts and just one pair of jeans and a sweatshirt. The temps changed drastically after our second day and we did not have the right clothes! After that, we began to pack for summer and fall. Usually we are good in jeans and t-shirts with a light jacket or sweatshirt early in the morning and in the evening. We leave in a week and a half and you all are making me feel behind since I didn't start packing yet!

Upvote 0

jlsHouston

Pack warm clothes and some tank tops you can wear under sweatshirts or hoodies. It will be chilly in the mornings since the lows at night are dropping to the mid 50's and that is cold for me. It also calls for some rain that week...forget which day...Bring a bathing suit since the pools are heated and depending on where you are staying there might be a nice hot tub on property...I don't see this Thanksgiving being unseasonably warm or cold but if you pack for summer weather you will be chilly and probably buying a few outfits...Last year there were several days the high never got past 65 and I was only warm when I had thick sweaters , thick leggings, socks and my boots on with a scarf around my neck...but I'm from Houston and consider the low 90's warm weather...has to be above 95 for me to say it's hot...

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom