Thanksgiving dinner @ WDW

Sl8500

We are planning a trip to WDW for Thanksgiving and are looking to make a ADR at someplace that serves a traditional Thanksgiving dinner. Does anyone have any suggestions?

powlessfamily4

I spent Thanksgiving week ata WDW in 2010. We could not get into Liberty so we had Thanksgiving dinner at Tony's in Magic Kingdom. We had a great time and zero complaints about the food. They served Turkey, Mashed potatoes, gravy, dressing, veggies, craberry relish and dinner rolls. We were also served a salad. They offered pumpkin pie and cheesecake.

This is a picture of the plate. The potatoes are hidden behind the turkey vbut if you look to the upper right you can see them on my sons plate!

picture.php

Upvote 0

LuLaSue

Liberty Tree has my vote. You just have that "All American" atmosphere and the food is more than decent. They have some nice vegetarian alternatives as well.

Upvote 0

vjgraham

The only time we were there during Thanksgiving in 2009, we at at Trails End at Ft. Wilderness. We were not staying there but it was a very quick drive from Port Orleans. They had a good buffet and all the traditional Thanksgiving day items were on the menu. They also had ribs and shrimp too.

Upvote 0

PolynesianPrincess

I'd definitely suggest Liberty Tree Tavern. They have the typical Thanksgiving type food (turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes) We ate at Tortuga Tavern in 2010 which is about as far from typical Thanksgiving fare s you can get (taco salads)

Upvote 0

BrerPete

Was there two years ago. Did Liberty Tree the following day because everyone had the same idea for Thanksgiving and was book. Ended up at Cinderella's Royal Table which had traditional Thanksgiving meal, but more money because its a character meal. However, I did observe that every restaurant had a Thanksgiving meal option while I was there.

Upvote 0

DizneyPryncess

I'd agree with Liberty Tree Tavern if you can get an ADR there. It's popular for Thanksgiving. I had no idea the other restaurants served Thanksgiving style foods on that day though. Knowing that, I think you'd be happy at any of the sit down restaurants. The experience of eating in the castle is a lot of fun, I'd have liked it even better if I had a Thanksgiving food option!

Upvote 0

bigorangeandy

I had hoped to get into Liberty Tree this past year, but it was booked solid 180 days out. We then booked at Whispering Canyon at Wilderness Lodge. We had no trouble getting our ADR their. We ate about 12:45 and took the boat from MK to WL. The Christmas decorations were all up, and we took a little time both before and after the meal to take some photos. The lunch is all you can eat, with turkey, ham, pork, lots of sides, and pumpkin pie for desert. It seems that the adult price in 2011 was $40.99 or so. We ate enough that we did not need to eat again the rest of the day. The parks had lots for people at that time of the year, so having an ADR on Thanksgiving day is highly recomended. We had a great time last year during that week, the crowds started to build on Tuesday, but the weekend prior was nice.

Upvote 0

Lisalyn

My daughter and I did Ohana's about 4 years back. They did traditional style turkey, mashed, stuffing..etc etc...it was quite yummy! However the thing that made it extra special was that we got a table adjacent the window where we got to watch the fireworks over MK in the distance...quite awesome! :sohappy:

Then a couple years ago - hands down Liberty Tree Tavern. GREAT food, atmosphere, decorations..one of my fave photos of my daughter is by the tree they put up and have decorated when you first walk in...LOVED it!

Upvote 0

CynBeth

We did Trail's End Buffet this past Thanksgiving and it was just ok. It was a small buffet and the food was fair. We had made an ADR for early dinner and arrived a little early and it was so crowded we did not get seated until a half hour after our ADR time. They were good with my husband's dairy allergy though and brought some special food out for him.

Upvote 0

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
We did the Whispering Canyon Cafe this past Thanksgiving and it was really good. The only complaint was about the pumpkin pie, it wasn't like mine.

Upvote 0

shmmrname

We ate at the Crystal Palace for Thanksgiving and were not disappointed. However, it is a buffet, so it may not feel very 'Thanksgiving-y' when you're going to the carving station.

Upvote 0

ryguy

We did Olivia's at Old Key West two years ago and they had a traditional Thanksgiving meal. The food was good and we liked the "Island" atmosphere. Because it's a smaller restaurant it wasn't chaotic, which I think is a plus. Hope that helps. :wave:

PS
If you will have a car, the Omni at Champions Gate (about 4 miles away) usually has a nice spread.

Upvote 0

awesomeinabox

We were going to go to the Mama Melrose's in DHS but none of us kids wanted to go there (it took an hour away from our time and was stuffy compared to Pizza Planet), thankfully my family decided on Pizza Planet, much better choice and memories about our Pizza Dinner for years! I'd look into something less traditional.

Upvote 0

WendyTinkerbell

We did Hollywood and Vine a few years back and they had a traditional Thanksgiving buffet from what I can remember. It was a last minute trip for nine adults so our dining options were limited. Thankfully I already had a Tables in Wonderland card, but Thanksgiving is a holiday where the card is not able to be used. Many of the dining locations have special holiday meal options that day at a higher cost than the usual offerings.

Upvote 0

meganw1985

I have never personally been on thanksgiving, but if I was, I would definitely do garden grill. They have turkey, dressing, and cranberry relish normally (although I'm sure they have more of a thanksgiving meal on turkey day) and added benefit of farmer dressed characters! What better way to celebrate than with mickey, Pluto, chip, and dale??

Upvote 0

wdwmomof3

We will be there this Thanksgiving and I am planning on doing 50's Prime Time cafe. My kids hate the traditional Thanksgiving dinner but they love everything else there so to keep everyone happy that's where we are planning to go.

If that doesn't work out it will be kona Cafe. We all love it too.

If that doesn't work out I have no clue!:lol:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom