Thanksgiving 2005- Our Way

Well...I just got home and I'm tired. So this may be short and sweet. If the pictures I post are not enough, I have some more of different things if you like :lol:

Day 1- AK/DTD

We got to AS Sports at around noon and then headed to AK. We saw Jingle Jungle parade which was very cute. We rode Dinosaur, Kali River Rapids, and saw Everest. We saw the characters at the entrance and took pictures...including the duck himself :D Then we headed to DTD where I did my Christmas shopping.

Day 2- MK

We had breakfast at 1900 Park Fare which was very nice! We haven't done a character meal in 5 years (and in this place in 13 years) so it was awesome. We will definitely do this again soon :D...my sister wants to do Garden Grille next. Here's a picture from that breakfast...

1900parkfare.JPG

We then headed to MK and we did the Tiki Room for the first time. I really liked it...although I thought it a little short. And hey...when did Gloria Estefan join the Tiki Room...:lookaroun

We saw Cinderellabration at night which was nice...and we sat in the front so I got pretty decent pictures. Disclaimer: I was not aiming for fireworks pictures here...I just figured the castle was finally lit up so I could get a good picture of it being that close :hammer: :lookaroun

cinderellabration.JPG

cinderellabration2.JPG

Soo...after, I found the duck again and I took another picture...see the avatar :lookaroun...we saw the second showing of Spectromagic and no one was in Liberty Square so we sat right up front. Most of the characters/performers that passed by us waved or did something so that was cool.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Is that a christmas wreath hanging from the cinderellabration arch? That's too funny - holiday services has finally gone too far!

DDuckFan130

Original Poster
Day 3- MGM

So...I made it into the hot seat for the second time. It happened in an unexpected way. It was actually during fastest finger. I used my nintendo thumbs and didn't even notice if the answers were right. Turns out they were and I was number 2. But the guy in front of me declined...so my sister and I looked at each other and :eek: Ok, so last time I didn't make it past 1000 because I was too nervous and wasn't really thinking. But this time I actually made it to 16,000 so I am proud of myself :lol: After we left, we saw the duck again :lookaroun. But this time he was with Daisy and I do not have a picture with her...but now I do :D

donalddaisy.JPG

We saw Fantasmic and sat front row center...this is one of the few pictures I took...

fantasmic.JPG

We weren't planning on it, but we went back to DTD so oh well...

Day 4- Epcot

We saved Epcot for last because I knew we'd finish what we wanted to do fast and all we had to wait for was the tree lighting and then we would leave. But these are by far the best pictures of the trip. We visited Club Cool and my brother and sister tried Beverly. Let me tell you they tried to get me to drink and make a face...I drank and nothing happened :p

beverly.JPG

beverly2.JPG

We saw some storytellers here and there and they were cool. I believe I have a picture of the Kwanzaa storyteller. We went to see American Adventure and the Voices of Liberty were just amazing! My mom was in tears. In the end, we finished early and waited a while for the Tree Lighting...and this is one of the few pictures where a hand didn't get in the way.

tree_lighting1.JPG

And now we're home...if you read all this, kudos to you!

DDuckFan130

Original Poster
mousermerf said:
Is that a christmas wreath hanging from the cinderellabration arch? That's too funny - holiday services has finally gone too far!
Yeah...there were Christmas decorations all around.

cherrynegra

Yayyyy!! Nice trip report and pics! So glad you had a nice time. And I can't believe the number of times you saw DD. I've never seen him ONCE all the times I've gone!!:wave:

DDuckFan130

Original Poster
cherrynegra said:
Yayyyy!! Nice trip report and pics! So glad you had a nice time. And I can't believe the number of times you saw DD. I've never seen him ONCE all the times I've gone!!:wave:
Thanks Gordon :kiss: :D

Yes I was shocked too...in MK he has his own little character greeting in between the tea cups and Winnie the Pooh. It's themed to him selling Christmas trees. Then in the other parks he had on different outfits :lol:

rainfully

There's something weird about that Donald and Daisy picture... he's all holiday-ish and she's just got on her regular garb... looks a little funny... :lol:

DDuckFan130

Original Poster
rainfully said:
There's something weird about that Donald and Daisy picture... he's all holiday-ish and she's just got on her regular garb... looks a little funny... :lol:
I thought so too.

rainfully said:

What's even wierder (SP?) Is that I don't think he looks festive at all.. Just looks like he's got some PJ's on .. Just an opinion..

stranger

cherrynegra said:

It's because she stalked him. :lookaroun :p

rainfully

SorcererMickey said:
What's even wierder (SP?) Is that I don't think he looks festive at all.. Just looks like he's got some PJ's on .. Just an opinion..

He's wearing his Christmas Jammies!! :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom