Trip Report Thanks for the adventure! F&W rookies!

Hello fellow Disney lovers!

Welcome to my 2nd trip report:)

When: Sat. September 23rd to Wed. September 27th

Where: Construction zone CBR

Who:

IMG_5006.JPG

DH (Chris) and myself (Megan).

No kids! No kids! No kids! We left the boys with their grandparents...gasp! Some random lady could NOT believe we'd do such a thing. Details on that later!

Why: Celebrating 10 years of wedded bliss!

IMG_5030.JPG

We had a jammed pack 3 days in the world and am happy to report we fit just about everything that was on the itinerary. It was HOT but sunny the entire time so no complaints here.

We ate and ate and ate some more...get ready for some food por pics! Without the kids, we were able to try signature restaurants and rides with height restrictions:joyfull:

Up first: Flying Allegiant...would our glued, rubber banded and duct taped plane make it to Orlando??

PrincessL

Original Poster
I'm going to admit that we have never seen Avatar. We had every intention to watch it before our trip it just never happened. We actually own it as DH purchased it simply because it was the first bluRay available I believe. It's still in the shrink wrap...maybe it will be a collectible someday:rolleyes:

Either way, the expirience of entering for the first time is breath taking. The scale and detail definitely have a WOW effect:jawdrop:
IMG_5286.JPG

IMG_5288.JPG
IMG_5289.JPG

These guys were motion sensored and pretty cool :cool:

IMG_5290.JPG
IMG_5294.JPG
IMG_5295.JPG
IMG_5301.JPG
IMG_5305.JPG
IMG_5306.JPG
IMG_5309.JPG

Next: more Pandora

PrincessL

Original Poster
We caught the end of this drum show.

IMG_5311.JPG

IMG_5312.JPG

It was finally time for our coveted FoP FP!!! We have some friends that reside in Orlando and they had been texting us all morning waiting for our reaction. They were really pumping us up for this ride.

IMG_5314.JPG

These are the shots I caught in the FP queue to FoP. Not the best but you get a different vantage point.

IMG_5315.JPG
IMG_5318.JPG
IMG_5322.JPG
IMG_5324.JPG

It was Ah-MAZING!! This ride is by far the best at WDW!!

If only those glasses stayed on the whole time...my only complaint. Maybe there were different sizes but I didn't notice.

FoP is definitely worth being diligent about getting a FP for. It was a total of 30min for us from entering the line until we were in the gift shop.

The people behind us waited in the standby line as it had a posted time of 90 min. It was more like 180 min and they were pretty POed by the time we got to the holding area. They missed lunch and really needed the restroom:mad:

It was good, but not 3hrs wait time good!

Next: Last night and Sig review

PrincessL

Original Poster
Congrats on the new family member! The biggest piece of advice I can give you regarding kittens is to have a couple of litter boxes on hand for them. You can get rid of them as they get older, but it will save you from picking up messes all over the house. Your little one looks a little bit like my Mo.
View attachment 244211
Baby Mo
View attachment 244213
Big boy Mo
Aww, they could be twins!! I hope he looks as cute as your Mo when he's older! Thanks for the advice!!

PrincessL

Original Poster
It was then back to the resort to clean up for our last night:cry:

We had fun taking some selfies on our way to...

IMG_5329.JPG
IMG_5331.JPG

...AKL for our last meal of the trip at Jiko!!!

IMG_5334.JPG
IMG_5336.JPG

I'm not going to lie when pulling up it wasnt as impressive as I had imagined it to be.

IMG_5338.JPG

But then we walked into the lobby:jawdrop:

IMG_5339.JPG

And then down the elevator to Jiko.

IMG_5341.JPG

We may have argued about having enough time to grab a drink first. I didn't think we would because the restaurant was pretty dead and I thought we would be seated shortly. 20 min later and we still weren't seated so DH was right:hilarious:

IMG_5342.JPG
IMG_5343.JPG

PrincessL

Original Poster
We had a fabulous server who definitely knew his wines. We mentioned that we liked Pinot Noir and he jumped all over that and said it was similar to this hybrid grape that is exclusive to South Africa.

He let us have a tasting of several different wines before we decided on the following:

IMG_5347.JPG

It was so good we would highly recommend it!

IMG_5618.JPG

I'm jumping ahead in my pics but wanted to show how close the table next to us was. Without trying to, we overheard a lot of their conversation. More in that later though.

We started with the corn soup. We were beginning to think that when dining at any sig the soup is a must! It was just as good as the butternut squash we had at Monseiure Paul's and I didn't think anything could top that!

Our server was really talking up the bobotie macoroni that is served with the fillet. I had a fillet the night before so didn't want to order that again. So, our server let me order the Botswana Seswaa-style short ribs and sub in the macoroni. Yum!

IMG_5348.JPG

Meanwhile, the table next to us is trying to talk their 2-year old into the bread service telling him the bread service was just like bread at home only in a different form:hilarious: Fit ensuing after trying to force their 2-year old into eating said bread:cautious:

DH went with the Bo Kapp Malay seafood curry.

IMG_5349.JPG

I must admit he chose wisely. I liked his dish just a tad more than my own.

Back at the table next to us, they were sending back juniors meal because he didn't like the salt they put on the fish. Are you kidding me?!? He's a toddler.

We just found the whole thing humorous but, wished we had requested more of a private table. Next time!

We ended up getting this complimentary dessert for our anniversary :inlove:

IMG_5350.JPG

The presentation was stellar!

It had a rum filling in the fried dough that I wasn't s huge fan of. DH loved it though!

IMG_5351.JPG

Overall, we had a great time and experience.

The sun was setting as we left. Beautiful!

IMG_5352.JPG

This is where my pictures end as we then met some friends at Epcot and focused on catching up with them:happy:

Next:Final thoughts

sheriffwoody

Just now getting around to reading this!! Eep!! Looked like a super fun trip. I had a reservation at CBR for January, but I ended up moving it to All Star Movies. I figured CBR wouldn't be in much better shape anyway, and I might as well save more money :) haha

The Macn'cheese was my least favorite of all the dishes we tried at F & W :hungover: it was cold and mushy. The noodles were over cooked and needed some crunch on top.
Oh noooooo! I love the macaroni and cheese. Maybe you got a bad batch, it was perfect for me. That's the bad thing about these kiosks...consistency is lacking. I'm sure it's hard with the quantity they make.

I felt like an elephant was sitting on my chest the entire time and like I was about to discover that I did have a heart condition (I don't). But I never want to feel like that again. DH agreed.
YES! That's the perfect way to describe it. I feel that way in the backwards portion of Everest too. But it's brief enough that I keep riding :D

It just went on from there. Her face after that was definitely judgy and proceeded to tell us how she was there with her grandchildren and could never understand why you would come to Disney of all places without kids :rolleyes: Blah blah blah...
This is infuriating. People I know ask why we go as two adults without kids, but I can't imagine a total stranger saying something! And then on top of that, to make you feel bad about leaving the kiddos at home for an anniversary trip...I can't. I hope that never happens again, but if it does, I guess you're prepared with some comebacks :D

They need to bring Doug back...squirrel...period!!
AMEN. I hope they bring him back.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom