Trip Report Thanks for the adventure! F&W rookies!

Hello fellow Disney lovers!

Welcome to my 2nd trip report:)

When: Sat. September 23rd to Wed. September 27th

Where: Construction zone CBR

Who:

IMG_5006.JPG

DH (Chris) and myself (Megan).

No kids! No kids! No kids! We left the boys with their grandparents...gasp! Some random lady could NOT believe we'd do such a thing. Details on that later!

Why: Celebrating 10 years of wedded bliss!

IMG_5030.JPG

We had a jammed pack 3 days in the world and am happy to report we fit just about everything that was on the itinerary. It was HOT but sunny the entire time so no complaints here.

We ate and ate and ate some more...get ready for some food por pics! Without the kids, we were able to try signature restaurants and rides with height restrictions:joyfull:

Up first: Flying Allegiant...would our glued, rubber banded and duct taped plane make it to Orlando??

PrincessL

Original Poster
I am reading about your breakfast at Kona while at work drinking my breakfast veggie smoothie.:(

Good for you though! Veggie smoothie=healthy start to the day:)

I've come home from this vacation addicted to sugar!!! Having a hard time kicking the habit:confused:

PrincessL

Original Poster
On our way back to our room I snapped a few pics of the entrance to CRB.

IMG_5044.JPG
IMG_5043.JPG
IMG_5031.JPG

We stayed here in 2015 and enjoyed the lush landscaping, the rooms were fresh from being just refurbished and we just liked the overall vibe of CBR.

I knew what we were getting into with the construction. That part was fine. Noise was never an issue.The rest of the resort...

The lush landscaping I'm giving the benefit of the doubt because of Irma. But, it was over grown in the areas of walking paths and looked like it was in need of some TLC way before Irma. CBR has been focusing on other things I suppose prepping for the construction.

I don't want to get too text heavy so I'll save some of my other thoughts on CBR for later posts;)

It was time for Epcot!! A bus was waiting for us as we got to the bus stop. We definitely had the bus luck this trip (for the most part).

IMG_5048.JPG
IMG_5049.JPG

Up fist was a FP for Nemo. I find the queue for this ride so calming.

IMG_5052.JPG

Then...must get food!

IMG_5053.JPG

Mac n'cheese and Salmon:

IMG_5054.JPG

The Macn'cheese was my least favorite of all the dishes we tried at F & W :hungover: it was cold and mushy. The noodles were over cooked and needed some crunch on top.

The salmon was good. The quinoa however, I couldn't tell if it was supposed to be cold or warm because it was neither.

Not off to the best start. There was so much more to try though!

Next: more food

Last edited:

PrincessL

Original Poster
IMG_5056.JPG

We got one of each, the Pinot Noir and Pinot Gris.

IMG_5055.JPG

The scallops were the best out of this trio. The crab cake we've def had better and the shrimp dip was good.

A lonely photo pass photographer!

IMG_5061.JPG

Then we were on a mission to find:

IMG_5064.JPG

I cancelled our Le Cellier reservation for this night because we could get a taste of it at our next kiosk.

IMG_5062.JPG

We were pretty full at this point so we split the soup and steak.

IMG_5063.JPG

IMG_5067.JPG

I'm glad that we still got to try the famous steak! The meat was tender but didn't really taste much of the truffle butter. We still would like to eat at Le Cellier...one day ehhh?

On our way to our next FP's we just had to stop here:

IMG_5071.JPG
IMG_5070.JPG

Even though we were so full, we had to try the Liquid Nitro truffle:hungry:

IMG_5068.JPG

Umm...I still have dreams about this. It was delicious!!

Next: We had 3 flights to catch

PrincessL

Original Poster
Our first flight was Soarin!

IMG_5076.JPG

I'm usually strictly a tennis shoes wearer when at Disney. On this day though, I was wearing sandals because I had to do an outfit change before our dinner reservation and I didn't want to be lugging them around later.

You may be asking, "why is this worth mentioning??"

Getting there...I had never ridden Soarin with out my shoes on!!! It definitely felt more freeing and added to the expirience for me. Idk if that is a thing but try it if you haven't;)

After our amazing flight it was on to our 2nd flight. In the beginning I was excited to be able to try things that the boys aren't quite ready to do. Mission Space Orange was one of them...for DH. I was taking one for the team.

IMG_5077.JPG

This should have scarred me off:eek: Then having to move waiting rooms because someone lost their cookies on their flight should have def sent me to the chicken exit. But, we were committed...

NEVER again!

I felt like an elephant was sitting on my chest the entire time and like I was about to discover that I did have a heart condition (I don't). But I never want to feel like that again. DH agreed.

We needed a min to shake that off but we didn't have a moment to spare. It was time for our 3rd flight. Which we were both guaranteed to enjoy! Any guesses?

It was time for our beverage seminar!

IMG_5078.JPG

IMG_5080.JPG
IMG_5081.JPG

3rd flight:joyfull:

IMG_5079.JPG

Japanese beer! It was some unique good tasting stuff! They use part of their sake making experience into making this beer. It is pretty new as Japan had laws in place that only large batch brewing was legal and this is a craft beer. It was all very interesting. It is now available mostly a specialty wine and liquor stores.

I'd say it was worth the $16 per person to sit in the air condition pavillion alone!

We then looked around at some of the F&W merch. Nothing really spoke to me.

Then toured the Geridelli room. Free chocolate square for just for visiting!

I though these chocolate sculptures were pretty neat.

IMG_5082.JPG

IMG_5083.JPG

We had a little more time before dinner so we head to WS and decided to get a special treat from here:

IMG_5084.JPG

Carmel corn and grapefruit beer great combo:hungry: We caught the end of the live music too. Bonus as I didn't think we were going to have time to fit this into our plans.

IMG_5088.JPG

Everclear, they were pretty good. Said thier crowds were a little more pastel these days:hilarious:

Next: Wish we remembered more from those 9 years of French we took!

Last edited:

amjt660

Premium Member
View attachment 236188

We got one of each, the Pinot Noir and Pinot Gris.

View attachment 236187

The scallops were the best out of this trio. The crab cake we've def had better and the shrimp dip was good.

A lonely photo pass photographer!

View attachment 236189

Then we were on a mission to find:

View attachment 236192

I cancelled our Le Cellier reservation for this night because we could get a taste of it at our next kiosk.

View attachment 236190

We were pretty full at this point so we split the soup and steak.

View attachment 236191
View attachment 236193

I'm glad that we still got to try the famous steak! The meat was tender but didn't really taste much of the truffle butter. We still would like to eat at Le Cellier...one day ehhh?

On our way to our next FP's we just had to stop here:

View attachment 236196 View attachment 236195

Even though we were so full, we had to try the Liquid Nitro truffle:hungry:

View attachment 236194

Umm...I still have dreams about this. It was delicious!!

Next: We had 3 flights to catch
How it going eh?

Max

amjt660

Premium Member
Our first flight was Soarin!

View attachment 236200

I'm usually strictly a tennis shoes wearer when at Disney. On this day though, I was wearing sandals because I had to do an outfit change before our dinner reservation and I didn't want to be lugging them around later.

You may be asking, "why is this worth mentioning??"

Getting there...I had never ridden Soarin with out my shoes on!!! It definitely felt more freeing and added to the expirience for me. Idk if that is a thing but try it if you haven't;)

After our amazing flight it was on to our 2nd flight. In the beginning I was excited to be able to try things that the boys aren't quite ready to do. Mission Space Orange was one of them...for DH. I was taking one for the team.

View attachment 236201

This should have scarred me off:eek: Then having to move waiting rooms because someone lost their cookies on their flight should have def sent me to the chicken exit. But, we were committed...

NEVER again!

I felt like an elephant was sitting on my chest the entire time and like I was about to discover that I did have a heart condition (I don't). But I never want to feel like that again. DH agreed.

We needed a min to shake that off but we didn't have a moment to spare. It was time for our 3rd flight. Which we were both guaranteed to enjoy! Any guesses?

It was time for our beverage seminar!

View attachment 236202

View attachment 236204 View attachment 236205

3rd flight:joyfull:

View attachment 236203

Japanese beer! It was some unique good tasting stuff! They use part of their sake making experience into making this beer. It is pretty new as Japan had laws in place that only large batch brewing was legal and this is a craft beer. It was all very interesting. It is now available mostly a specialty wine and liquor stores.

I'd say it was worth the $16 per person to sit in the air condition pavillion alone!

We then looked around at some of the F&W merch. Nothing really spoke to me.

Then toured the Geridelli room. Free chocolate square for just for visiting!

I though these chocolate sculptures were pretty neat.

View attachment 236206
View attachment 236207

We had a little more time before dinner so we head to WS and decided to get a special treat from here:

View attachment 236208

Carmel corn and grapefruit beer great combo:hungry: We caught the end of the live music too. Bonus as I didn't think we were going to have time to fit this into our plans.

View attachment 236209

Everclear, they were pretty good. Said thier crowds were a little more pastel these days:hilarious:

Next: Wish we remembered more from those 9 years of French we took!
Third "flight"
For the win!

Max

PrincessL

Original Poster
A quick change of the wardrobe to adhere to the dress code. Does anyone else actually follow this?!? It was about a 50/50 mix at the resturant:cautious: which was...

IMG_5092.JPG

Let me back up for a second. We first got our picture taken by the grumpiest CM we've ever met. He was so grumpy he wasn't even speaking just a few grunts here and there. I really hope it was towards the end of his shift.

IMG_5090.JPG

But that wouldn't effect my mood because I was in my happy place. This is my favorite spot of WS if not all of Disney world.

Even with all of the people there is just something peaceful about it and I feel as if I could be walking through the real Paris. Someday I will get to expirience that:happy:

Back to Monseir Paul!

IMG_5093.JPG

We, ok mostly I, went back and forth on this reservation. Like probably had a dozen different reservations for this night. I knew I wanted it to be in France though.

The menu at Chef de France looked to be more our speed and @fractal gave it a killer review! The theming looks amazing too!

In the end, we were going for a romantic feel and while Chef de France from pictures looks like it would fit that it was the noise that tipped the scale to Monsieur Paul's. That and he fact that it would be a really long time before we would even consider taking our boys there. So, this would be our only chance for a while. Chef de France will be on our D19 itinerary though!

As you walk into Monsieur Paul's there is this beautiful spiral staircase.

IMG_5095.JPG

If you were to go straight instead of up the stairs it leads you right into Chef de France. The noise, laughter and loud kids carrying over from Chef de France confirmed we made the right choice:oops:

View from the top:

IMG_5100.JPG

A very friendly hostess guided us to our table. It was a table next to a window overlooking the courtyard below. It was perfect:inlove: No pictures turned out due to the lighting though.

We started our meal with a glass of Lofert, D Joseph Drouhin Pinot Noir. This would be the start of awkward conversation with Jacque as he couldn't understand us and we were having a difficult time understanding him. I think he had to ask 3 time if we were on zzzdining plan!

Another server then came around with the bread service. They didn't leave you with a basket of bread rather a server would come around and let you choose from a variety of 4 breads. Oh my...I wanted no, NEEDED them to leave the whole basket. The braided French bread was the best!! The server came around three time with bread and I said yes every time:p Jacque told us it is made at the same place as Les Halle's bread but is exclusive to Monsier Paul's.

DH and I both ordered the Butternut squash soup. It just sounded refreshing. I got a little nervous when a bowl of 4 cubed pices of squash and spices was served... I though oh boy this fancy French food! I didn't see that Jacque was right behind the server with the soup portion to serve table side:happy:

IMG_5097.JPG

This meal was off to a great start... the spice, the texture and the sweet kick at the end was delicious.

For entrees DH ordered the Roasted Duck Breast:

IMG_5099.JPG

This was the largest piece of duck DH has ever had. He loved every bite of it!

I went with the Free-Range Chicken:

IMG_5098.JPG

This tasted like all of Thanksgiving dinner in one bite. Just delicious :hungry:

This ended up being the nice quiet and romantic dinner in Paris that I imagined. We had no room for dessert so DH had a coffee and I enjoyed a cappuccino.

As we were leaving a family with 3 small children were walking in. We will see this trend at our other signature dinners as well. I just don't get it. Glad we just missed them though;)

IMG_5104.JPG

We found a spot on the bridge to enjoy illuminations. Then we walked over to the Boardwork as in the half hour I gained a tiny bit more room and Ample Hills was calling:D

I went with the Ooey Gooey Cake Batter...anything at Disney with Ooey Gooey in the description, just get it! Nonna D' Oatmeal Lace is what DH got. It was amazing too!

We sat in the Boardwalk lobby and enjoyed our ice cream. Then got an uber to head back. DH asked if it was a busy night. She replied it had been a crazy busy week because Microsoft was having a convention in town with some 30,000 employees in for it:eek:

And that ended our first full day. We sure fit a lot in!

Next: Adventure is out there!

PrincessL

Original Poster
We were up early for MK day!!

DH filled our mugs with coffee at one of the make shift markets. We were finding that our room location was the pits! Not convenient to any of the markets or free style machines. It was also smack dab in the middle of Arubas' and Jamacias' bus stop.

On a positive our bus luck continued and a MK bus pulled up right as we arrived!

IMG_5107.JPG

I think Shirley was on the bus @Tuvalu :happy:

IMG_5109.JPG

We had the bus to ourselves and it was 8am?!?

Guess everyone else was sleeping in:jawdrop:

IMG_5110.JPG

My first time seeing the fall decorations:inlove:

IMG_5111.JPG

IMG_5112.JPG
IMG_5113.JPG
IMG_5114.JPG
IMG_5116.JPG

Not the best pic so we'd try again later:)

IMG_5120.JPG

Next: A little pixie dust!!

PrincessL

Original Poster
Following along! I wish my DH was a little more adventurous when it comes to dining, so I could try out some of those amazing dishes.
Thanks for following! You'll just have to keep working on your DH. There's so much good food at Disney to try!!!

PrincessL

Original Poster
BoG here we come!!!

IMG_5121.JPG

DH gave me some grief for taking a random CM's picture. I told him I needed to document the process! To the left of the hub they had signs pointing to a roped off area where you now have to scan your MB to proceed.

We then stopped to get a pic from the side of the castle.

IMG_5122.JPG

This nice CM was kind enough to take our picture.

IMG_5123.JPG

Then asked DH what his favorite ride was? To which he replied Splash Mountain (currently under refurb:(). I think she felt bad for him so she gave him 2 paper FPs!!!

IMG_5129.JPG

Nice to start the day with some extra pixie dust!!!

IMG_5130.JPG

We were about 20 min early for our ressie but decided to give it a try. We walked up to the booth out front. They scanned and yesss handed us our yellow rose!! We kept to the left with the other preorders...oh wait there weren't any other preorders. The line to order was out the dooro_O

IMG_5131.JPG

I can't seem to come to MK and not eat here. I wish I could say it was for the fabulous food but sadly no. I just feel young and nostalgic when I enter the castle. No I didn't grow up in a castle but as a little girl this was my all time favorite movie :inlove:

IMG_5133.JPG

We preordered (still baffles me the # of people who didn't) the Feast a la Gaston for DH and the Vegtable Quiche.

IMG_5134.JPG

The quiche was really good. So far the best of the breakfast items I've order here. DHs was standard breakfast food.

A nice couple with their two sons in their early 20's were sitting next to us. We made conversation and I thought it was so great that they still wanted to vacation with their parents. I hope ours do someday too!

Also while DH was getting coffee he ran into these two Dad's that had on matching shirts that said "Let's do matching shirts...said no man ever" :hilarious:

DH wanted to know how he got one of those!

Next: Rude lady that would make me cry:(

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom