Trip Report Thanks for the adventure! F&W rookies!

Hello fellow Disney lovers!

Welcome to my 2nd trip report:)

When: Sat. September 23rd to Wed. September 27th

Where: Construction zone CBR

Who:

IMG_5006.JPG

DH (Chris) and myself (Megan).

No kids! No kids! No kids! We left the boys with their grandparents...gasp! Some random lady could NOT believe we'd do such a thing. Details on that later!

Why: Celebrating 10 years of wedded bliss!

IMG_5030.JPG

We had a jammed pack 3 days in the world and am happy to report we fit just about everything that was on the itinerary. It was HOT but sunny the entire time so no complaints here.

We ate and ate and ate some more...get ready for some food por pics! Without the kids, we were able to try signature restaurants and rides with height restrictions:joyfull:

Up first: Flying Allegiant...would our glued, rubber banded and duct taped plane make it to Orlando??

TheMouseFan

I'm in! Can't wait to hear all about it! Glad you got to enjoy a kid free trip! Those are nice once in awhile, regardless of what some random lady thought!!

PrincessL

Original Poster
Can't wait to hear alllll about it! We did our 1 yr anniversary sans kids the summer of 2015..it was great!! Can't wait to do it again lol

Wasn't it a nice to do what you wanted for a change. Lol! It's important to get that one-on-one time. Hope you get to do it again soon!

I am so IN!!!!
Congrats again on Tuvalette 2!! Wait, what will baby be named if it's a boy???

Following along
I like the 10 Ears on the buttons

Max

They are so clever aren't they??? Almost as much as you :happy: Thanks for following!

I'm in! Can't wait to hear all about it! Glad you got to enjoy a kid free trip! Those are nice once in awhile, regardless of what some random lady thought!!

Welcome! Definitely nice and needed once in a while! Random lady was flabbergasted why anyone would come to the parks with out kids?!?

PrincessL

Original Poster
Ok so how do you get a reluctant DH to agree to said anniversary trip 3 months after you just had a family vacation to WDW???

You wear the pants in the relationship is how.

Just kidding:joyfull::hilarious::joyfull:

You get what feels like the best deal ever!

-$75 per night for staying in a construction site...who cares we won't be there much anyways!

-Free QS dinning promotion...to cover F&W festival.

-GC from opening up Disney's credit card.

-And the cheapest airline tickets ($300 including tax and baggage fees) with a direct flight out of your small airport that literally has 6 terminals.

We were a little nervous to fly Allegiant just because of their reputation. DH thought he had mad jokes the morning before our flight.

"Well, they are probably duct taping our plane together right now with those parts they bought 2nd hand."

"Think they still use rubber cement?"

It goes on from there....

I kept telling myself they still have to follow the same regulations as all other airlines. Also I'd have a cocktail before getting on to calm the nerves just in case;)

We ended up having what appeared to be a brand new plane and the flight was quite uneventful.

The other caviet with flying Allegiant is that it uses the Staford airport not MCO. We rented a car and were Disney bound by 8:30pm! That time of night it's really not a bad drive. It took us 45min to get here:

IMG_5009.JPG

We were making one detour before making our way to CBR. We needed a little snack and headed to the Boardwalk.

It was surprisingly easy to find a parking space at the resort and walk down to the boardwalk. It was my first time at this resort and I was impressed!

IMG_5010.JPG

Movie on the lawn with that backdrop seems perfect to me!

IMG_5011.JPG
IMG_5012.JPG
IMG_5013.JPG

I don't know if we were just really hungry and anything would have tasted good but the pizza from the pizza window was GOOD! DH got the special (not pictured) and I wish I had gotten that!

IMG_5015.JPG

Then we needed to walk a bit so we decided to check out YC and BC for some research.

BC lobby:
IMG_5016.JPG

We are planning a trip with DHs side of the family for 2019. Code name D19 in our house as the boys don't know about it yet. There was a lot of "research" done this trip. Wait until my FIL gets the bill for me research:joyfull:

Thoughts welcome on BC villas for D19 (group of 22)?? DH is still voting Poly but I think a larger group would be better at Epcot area resort??

Next: Best. Ice cream. Ever.

amjt660

Premium Member
They are so clever aren't they??? Almost as much as you :happy: Thanks for following
Be careful, Flattery will get you anywhere you want to go!!! ;)

The other caviet with flying Allegiant is that it uses the Staford airport not MCO. We rented a car and were Disney bound by 8:30pm! That time of night it's really not a bad drive. It took us 45min to get here:

I like this a lot
Savvy trip planning to pick a close airport (within 1 hour drive is close for me) and safe money
Good job

We have stayed twice at YC but not BC or BW or Swan/Dolphin.
But staying in any of these is (IMO) the best way to go for adults.
The majority of our time is Epcot or DHS so the walk is perfect.
MK is a bus and AK is just a drive.

Looking forward to more

Max

PrincessL

Original Poster
Be careful, Flattery will get you anywhere you want to go!!! ;)

I like this a lot
Savvy trip planning to pick a close airport (within 1 hour drive is close for me) and safe money
Good job

We have stayed twice at YC but not BC or BW or Swan/Dolphin.
But staying in any of these is (IMO) the best way to go for adults.
The majority of our time is Epcot or DHS so the walk is perfect.
MK is a bus and AK is just a drive.

Looking forward to more

Max
I think you are right, that walk to 2 parks really make the area resorts attractive. Even more of a perk for DHS once the new lands open up!

PrincessL

Original Poster
We were there at the same time, it will be fun to see if any of our park time overlapped.

You will definitely need to chime in if we were at any of the parks at the same time! Maybe you'lll be in the background of some of our pics!

PrincessL

Original Poster
We had a hard decision coming up as we had to pick between ice cream at Beaches and Cream or Ample Hills Creamery??

We poked our heads into Beaches and Cream and it was very busy and chaotic so we decided to go for the second option.

IMG_5018.JPG

This place is so cute!

IMG_5019.JPG
IMG_5020.JPG

I went with the Chocolate Milk and Cookies.

Oh. My. Word.

Don't mind the lick out of it...I couldn't wait!

IMG_5021.JPG

DH went with the Baked/Unbaked in sandwich form. As a cookie dough ice cream connoisseur he proclaimed it the best he's ever had. He admitted the chocolate chips they rolled it in were a bit over the top though.

IMG_5022.JPG

These were each one snack credit. We would be back. Every night of our trip:hungry:

We waddled back to our car and on to CBR. I received a text in the morning that our room in Aruba was ready.

IMG_5026.JPG
IMG_5027.JPG
IMG_5028.JPG
IMG_5029.JPG

We were pooped.

It was clean and had a bed and was all we needed for the night.

Next: The only thing DH requested for the trip.

PrincessL

Original Poster
We were up early for our first ADR of the trip which became a favorite on our last trip.

We had to drive in this direction:
IMG_5032.JPG

To get here: :inlove::inlove:

IMG_5033.JPG

IMG_5034.JPG

We were looking forward to some delicious food and coffee from Kona Cafe.

After being seated promptly, I ordered the tonga toast and was able to sub turkey bacon for the pork options they had. I just love the touch with the fresh flowers. The strawberry compote was again the star!

IMG_5035.JPG

DH got the Polynesian Egg Plater.

Edit- I forgot to mention that he was also going to try the spiced ham and was informed that it was in fact SPAM. He opted for some sausage instead.

IMG_5036.JPG

We had some time to kill and decided to wander a bit and reminisce on our June trip.

IMG_5037.JPG
IMG_5038.JPG
IMG_5039.JPG

Had to take a lobby pic on our way out.

IMG_5040.JPG

We were then on our way to the one thing DH requested this trip...to a water park! He really wanted Blizzard beach as he has fond memories as a kid there. But, I talked him into TL to try out the new Miss Adventure Falls.

IMG_5042.JPG

We left our phones in the car so no more pics. But this was so much fun. We can't wait to take the boys in D19!

We loved acting like kids again! We were there for park opening so minimal lines.

We did have a long delay at Miss Adventure Falls as they stopped the ride for this Dad to walk back down the conveyor ramp with his infant!! Pretty sure that infants aren't allowed on the ride. Somehow they made it through quite a few checkpoints:eek:

I'm glad DH insisted on this as we had a blast but it was lunch time and we had some F&W to check out!

Next: Food, rides and more food!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom