Testing TV's on Disney busses

dandaman

When I went in July of last year, we stayed at Hotel Royal Plaza. The big DTD buses with logo and yellow striping have the T.V.'s in them.

Invero

dandaman said:
When I went in July of last year, we stayed at Hotel Royal Plaza. The big DTD buses with logo and yellow striping have the T.V.'s in them.
Most of them are broken now.

HennieBogan1966

Account Suspended
This seems to me to be a great idea for all of the busses. The Wife and I have ridden busses the last 2 vacations there, and people seem to get so annoyed. From the wait time (which is much shorter than people think), to how many people get on, to how long it SEEMS to take to reach their resort.

So, putting in TVs to pass the time would be a great diversion. They could offer trip tips, shopping tips and resort info, etc. As well as show times, schedules, and the like.

Hopefully, this will be something that will happen with the introduction of the new program with Orlando International.

Invero

I'm not sure what happened in the TransiTV test that made it fail. My guess is that it was too expensive.

Personally, I think it would be a GREAT idea. But at the same time, I think there are better things that Disney Transport could spend its money on.

Number_6

If they did have televisions on the buses, they could always play Kryssa's "Top 7 Things to do..."

*Ducks for cover* :lol:

AEfx

Number_6 said:
If they did have televisions on the buses, they could always play Kryssa's "Top 7 Things to do..."

*Ducks for cover* :lol:

I think I just got an taste of what heaven must be like when I read that.

:)

Seriously (well, more seriously), I think having monitors on the busses is a stellar idea, showing attractions and such.

I'm sure it doesn't cost a whole lot to produce on-property video, so it would be nice to have clips tailored to the experience. Safety tips from Mickey and Donald (though, at this point we'd probably get stuck with Stitch, LOL), the basics of FP use, maybe even something that gave the hours that day for the parks.

There are a ton of reasons for this - I bet some parents would really welcome something in this vein.

Even if it were just music (with no video), I'd think it was cool - they really need to do something with the experience, to make the experience a bit more magical.

AEfx

Transit tv still has a long way to go to make it reliable, they have frequent screen failures, and the work through the intercom system so when the tv's act up the tvs stop working and so does the PA system. Transit TV will not allow any employee of any company other than Transit TV to work on there systems as well. They are not the quickest at getting out there to fix the problems ethier. Also one more downside is when the system goes down it is connected to the dest sign and can take that out too.

Then there is also the codes that drivers would have to memorize with the system, every resort would have to have a seperate code for every park. (19 resorts 5 hubs, 6 if you count the TTC) thats over 100 codes to remember. then you need another 100 codes for the trip going back to the hotels.

On paper and in theroy its a good system but it still has a long road to be reliable.

(oh well forget about the problems when the satilites that activate the system are acting up)

Number_6

What about playing a mix of Disney music(some from movies, as well as having songs that relate to the park you are headed to such as "One Little Spark" when you are headed to Epcot)? It doesn't even have to have lyrics, just the instrumentals. You wouldn't need televisions for it, and it would get people into the Disney mood on the way to the parks, and keep the Disney feeling longer on the way back to the hotel at the end of the day.

Captain Chaos

I like the idea of TVs on the buses. The only problem I wonder about though is half the guests riding the bus have to stand. If Disney has buses that seat everyone, a TV monitor above the seat would be great. However, with a majority of the people standing, the view to the screen can be blocked or you could be standing in the wrong direction.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Sounds like the tests that have been discussed were for a different system, but my understanding is that there will be monitors and the Kryssa loop or something like it when the Disney Magical Express starts up.

Captain Chaos

The Magical Express buses with the TVs and Disney loops playing makes more sense than the buses in the resort that takes you to the parks.

Captain Chaos

One more note to that:

Just imagine, you get off the plane, over to the Disney Magical Express bus, get on the bus, take a seat and then: BOOM!!!!! KRYSSA!!!!!! You don't have to wait to get to the resort to see her. You get to watch her on the trip from the airport to your resort... What a wonderful way to start your Disney vacation.

Number_6 said:
What about playing a mix of Disney music(some from movies, as well as having songs that relate to the park you are headed to such as "One Little Spark" when you are headed to Epcot)? It doesn't even have to have lyrics, just the instrumentals. You wouldn't need televisions for it, and it would get people into the Disney mood on the way to the parks, and keep the Disney feeling longer on the way back to the hotel at the end of the day.

That is reatively simple to do, proably the hardest part would be finding a place close to the drivers area to mount the equitment, and then you could just make a disk per park and have a cd changer, the system could play the music over the PA system and it's pretty reliable.

The magical express buses will be different in the sense they should generally take the same time from the airport to wdw give or take 30 mins. A disney transport bus will generally be somewhere every 30 mins or less. So you really have to custom tailer whats playing around where the bus is going.

AEfx

dxer07002 said:
One more note to that:

Just imagine, you get off the plane, over to the Disney Magical Express bus, get on the bus, take a seat and then: BOOM!!!!! KRYSSA!!!!!! You don't have to wait to get to the resort to see her. You get to watch her on the trip from the airport to your resort... What a wonderful way to start your Disney vacation.

Either I just had a stroke reading that or I just experienced what perfect happiness must be linke...

In any case, I'm happy about it. :D

AEfx

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom