Test Track's New PhotoPass System

Gorjus

:wave: Look for me after November 1st of this year. I'll be one of WDW's newest Photopass photographers. And :eek: I'm pretty good at photographing people and catching magic moments:eek: , at least that is what my customers tell me (I'm a professional photographer)

Theresonly1

I think it's pretty cool that they are doing the attractions on Photopass as well...I would be more apt to buy something after I have seen all my choices rather than on the spot.

OmegaKnight

PhotoPass is one of the best ideas Disney has done in a long time. Its going to be awesome when this finally gets put into all of the attractions across property.

elle72688

We used the photopass option at Test Track on Monday September 4th and Frinday September 8 it worked great and I hope they add it to all of the attractions.

Blizz

I am sure you think you are correct but I will regard as rumor for now. Kodak signed a 15 year deal in April 1989 to cover photo services for WDW for the period 1989-2004. So the contract ran out and Disney brought in Photopass in Dec 2004 in a gradual faze out of the Kodak photographers. At this time Disney may or may not have also taken over the on ride photos paying Kodak a fee for the use of their technology while Disney worked on coming up with a way of integrating photopass. Now they have worked that out I can see them converting the remaining on ride photos asap. If they don't they will get complaints from guests that can have ride photos added to photopass in on some rides but not others hence the reason why I can see them being keen to offer consistency on their photopass product. Kodak still have a deal to offer only their products in the park.
Kodak did sign a deal to provide all photo services for HKDL in return sponsoring the Fantasy Gardens area (one with loads of money making opportunity for Kodak with meet and greets).

I know that you think you have information but your source I am guessing is the internet. He is on the level and knows what he is talking about. Kodak owns the rights to the on-ride systems. Check out MouseSurplus on e-bay, they have been selling parts to the old Kodak systems on there in the past month or so. Disney is cheap. They won't pay for something that they don't have to pay for. Sit back, relax, and wait for the contracts to run out.

uklad79

I know that you think you have information but your source I am guessing is the internet. He is on the level and knows what he is talking about. Kodak owns the rights to the on-ride systems. Check out MouseSurplus on e-bay, they have been selling parts to the old Kodak systems on there in the past month or so. Disney is cheap. They won't pay for something that they don't have to pay for. Sit back, relax, and wait for the contracts to run out.

You can find details of the contracts from most newspaper archives or from Kodaks own site no doubt. I have provided dates of the contracts and as you can see the Kodak contracts for provision of photos has run out. They now have a contract to provide photo supplies only. I would hardly say Disney are cheap, this is an investment they know will pay off as they will sell more photos where they get the profit and not a cut of it like they did under previous deals. Kodak didn't have the photo pass tech so sales have decreased over time with the digital camera being common place so this was no longer a major contract for them taking the photos so Disney came up with a way to extract a few more $$$ from everyone.
Like I said I will take what you have posted as a rumor as far as I can see the contract has run out and you have contradicted yourself saying that the Kodak systems are staying for now but mousesurplus are selling them off :lol:

Blizz

You can find details of the contracts from most newspaper archives or from Kodaks own site no doubt. I have provided dates of the contracts and as you can see the Kodak contracts for provision of photos has run out. They now have a contract to provide photo supplies only. I would hardly say Disney are cheap, this is an investment they know will pay off as they will sell more photos where they get the profit and not a cut of it like they did under previous deals. Kodak didn't have the photo pass tech so sales have decreased over time with the digital camera being common place so this was no longer a major contract for them taking the photos so Disney came up with a way to extract a few more $$$ from everyone.
Like I said I will take what you have posted as a rumor as far as I can see the contract has run out and you have contradicted yourself saying that the Kodak systems are staying for now but mousesurplus are selling them off :lol:

You obviously don't know corporate America well. Disney is cheap. I'd say it, they would say it, and most major companies are the same way. Its all about the bottom line, Disney just does it with a smile. I am not contradicting myself, Disney is getting rid of the systems it no longer plans on using, that means the ones they have been holding onto in the event something broke and they needed a quick replacement. Think what you like, but your wrong. Period.

Chase24

ALSO...

Chase24, the resolution on the CD is only good enough to print crystal-clear 4x6 photos. You can print 5x7's, but they will look a little fuzzy. Disney does not give you the highest JPEG setting possible, and they definitely don't give you RAW files!
Thank you, :wave:

sjc03

Antjeanne, the cast member was telling you the truth. They cannot put any extras on the cds (borders, overlays, autographs). They did stop it early spring.

uklad79

Has anyone looked on Mousesurplus lately? They seem to be selling off alot of signs with Kodak on them from photo developing locations.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom