Test Track's New PhotoPass System

Brian Noble

you can still add the extras online, in the privacy of your own home at disneyphotopass.com
For the CD, or individual photo pictures? I thought you *could* do this for individual photos you purchase, but *could not* if you are looking to buy the CD.

Jorden

Any idea what the timetable is for converting all on ride photos? Is it being done park by park? Anyone know what rides in each park have on ride photos? I think the ones below have them. If this is right it seems like they will do the parks with the least number to convert first.

Epcot
Test Track
Mission Space

MK
Haunted Mansion
Splash Mountain
Space Mountain
Buzz

AK
Dinosaur!
Everest
Kali River Rapids

MGM
Rock n Roller coaster
Tower of Terror

Actually I'm pretty sure this is the list (much smaller than you think).

Epcot
Test Track

Magic Kingdom
Splash
Buzz

MGM
ToT
Rock N ROllercoaster

DAK
Everest
Dinosaur

Walt Sent Me

TT photopass is a trial version. If it works, which it looks as if it is, then they will expand.

Kodak currently owns the rights to all the ride pictures (except TT). Once Kodak's contract ends in a year or two, all ride photos will be switched over.

uklad79

Actually I'm pretty sure this is the list (much smaller than you think).

Epcot
Test Track

Magic Kingdom
Splash
Buzz

MGM
ToT
Rock N ROllercoaster

DAK
Everest
Dinosaur

That is very few rides. I guess it was easy to do Epcot first it only having one ride with photos. If Kodak own the rights then why don't they to TT? Sounds a bit odd also Kodak have stopped doing all the other photos in the park so it sounds right that all the ride photos will be moved to photopass asap.

Main Street USA

Anyone else notice that they moved the camera off to the side a bit? As recent as August, it was more of a frontal view of the test crash scene as you were headed outside.

Walt Sent Me

If Kodak own the rights then why don't they to TT? Sounds a bit odd also Kodak have stopped doing all the other photos in the park so it sounds right that all the ride photos will be moved to photopass asap.

Actually I am correct. Kodak is being phased out all around property. Test track never had a Kodak camera system. It was always maintained my disney. That's why they were able to convert it to Photopass. Since it is working so well now they can convert all the other on ride photos as well. After Kodak's contract ends of course.

Gorjus

I'm headed to Orlando in October/November to be a Photopass photographer. But I don't know the answer to this question: It seems that of all the rides that have photos, Test Track and Everest are the newest. If Test Track doesn't fall under Kodak's contract, why would Everest? I'm thinking Everest will be the next one to convert to Photopass. But again, I'm only a future cast member, not a real one.

Walt Sent Me

I'm headed to Orlando in October/November to be a Photopass photographer. But I don't know the answer to this question: It seems that of all the rides that have photos, Test Track and Everest are the newest. If Test Track doesn't fall under Kodak's contract, why would Everest? I'm thinking Everest will be the next one to convert to Photopass. But again, I'm only a future cast member, not a real one.

I believe EE has a Disney system. That's a good point about Kodak. I got my info from a reliable source, I know it's true.

Heads up! they need photopass photographers badly. They start out at $9.40 an hour.

I thought I read in a recent trip report that someone had their Everest picture put on their photopass..but I could be wrong.

Nevermind...I did find it in a trip report but now he says he was mistaken and Everest was not available for photopass. Oh well!

tirian

The price for the CD was the same as it was the last time i was there. ($100).
But they do not do the extra stuff on the CDs any more. i was a bit disappointed about this. I like all the add on stuff. my daughter like the character autographs put on and tink flying by. they said they stopped that in march.

You were told wrong information. They will add signatures and graphics if you ask them, but only to the best picture in each group. Your disc will have two folders on it; one is for the original photos and the other is for the modified ones.

How do I know? I recently got a disc. :wave:

p.s. By the way, the picture resolution isn't clear enough for anything larger than 4*6.

Captain Hank

......I guess I'm the only one? Maybe one of my eyes, or my brain, is playing tricks on me.
Nope, you're right, the camera was moved off to the side. Presumably, this is to allow more space for the border image to be added. I just checked with my own PhotoPass, and the Test Track picture is definiately available for order through the online site.

Antjeanne

You were told wrong information. They will add signatures and graphics if you ask them, but only to the best picture in each group. Your disc will have two folders on it; one is for the original photos and the other is for the modified ones.

Well that stinks, the guy told me he is not allowed to do that anymore and his computer will not even burn 2 folders anymore. i actually was the only one in there so he wasn't in a rush. after he burned my cd he said if i had any more pictures taken he would burn another cd for free for me. but he would only do this one time.

Chase24

p.s. By the way, the picture resolution isn't clear enough for anything larger than 4*6.
Are you referring to the 4x6 print resolution on the modified pics?

Thanks

metscool

That is cool. It is about time that the rides with photos has photopass. It is in time that everything that you do is on photopass.

LilRoo714

I believe EE has a Disney system. That's a good point about Kodak. I got my info from a reliable source, I know it's true.

Heads up! they need photopass photographers badly. They start out at $9.40 an hour.

How much previous experience in photography do they require to be a photopass photographer?

brertigger

How much previous experience in photography do they require to be a photopass photographer?

None. They would like the person to have knowledge in photography, but you don't have to have any. Look at part of the job posting:

DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:

Proven strong knowledge and background in photography

uklad79

Actually I am correct. Kodak is being phased out all around property. Test track never had a Kodak camera system. It was always maintained my disney. That's why they were able to convert it to Photopass. Since it is working so well now they can convert all the other on ride photos as well. After Kodak's contract ends of course.

I am sure you think you are correct but I will regard as rumor for now. Kodak signed a 15 year deal in April 1989 to cover photo services for WDW for the period 1989-2004. So the contract ran out and Disney brought in Photopass in Dec 2004 in a gradual faze out of the Kodak photographers. At this time Disney may or may not have also taken over the on ride photos paying Kodak a fee for the use of their technology while Disney worked on coming up with a way of integrating photopass. Now they have worked that out I can see them converting the remaining on ride photos asap. If they don't they will get complaints from guests that can have ride photos added to photopass in on some rides but not others hence the reason why I can see them being keen to offer consistency on their photopass product. Kodak still have a deal to offer only their products in the park.
Kodak did sign a deal to provide all photo services for HKDL in return sponsoring the Fantasy Gardens area (one with loads of money making opportunity for Kodak with meet and greets).

funntheson

None. They would like the person to have knowledge in photography, but you don't have to have any. Look at part of the job posting:

DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:

Proven strong knowledge and background in photography

"Disney's PhotoPass Photographers are professionals using state-of-the-art digital photographic equipment to capture your memories." :lol:

tirian

Well that stinks, the guy told me he is not allowed to do that anymore and his computer will not even burn 2 folders anymore. i actually was the only one in there so he wasn't in a rush. after he burned my cd he said if i had any more pictures taken he would burn another cd for free for me. but he would only do this one time.

:eek:

That's absolutely not true! If you know this CM's name, contact Photopass immediately.

First, they are allowed to add borders, autographs, etc., but only to the best picture of each group. Secondly, you still get two folders.

Finally, the $100 CD is for unlimited photos. When I was getting a disk, I saw a Guest who required two CDs to fit all his photos; the price was still a flat $100. Each Photopass card accepts up to 999 pictures, and this Guest apparently tried to max out the card! I don't know how many times they'll replace a disk, but "one more time" sounds reasonable. You just get it done your last day here.

ALSO...

Chase24, the resolution on the CD is only good enough to print crystal-clear 4x6 photos. You can print 5x7's, but they will look a little fuzzy. Disney does not give you the highest JPEG setting possible, and they definitely don't give you RAW files!

brertigger, unfortunately, you've got a great point. For the last two years, the department was mostly photography interns (I knew some of them because I was an intern somewhere else at the same time); the Photopass pictures were great. Now, the internship program is over and anyone can be a photographer. Some are real photographers who have retired and are now working for Disney; others have always done this as a hobby; and some are terrible and shouldn't hold a camera.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom