Test Track's New PhotoPass System

WDWPassHolder

Original Poster
I went to Epcot for a little while today and found Test Track's new photo viewing area. I managed to take some pictures (with cast members staring me down). The pictures pretty much speak for theirselves. You basically get off the ride, and tell a cast member which picture is yours, and they hand you a 'PhotoPass'. You insert it into the card reader, and take it to the cash register. From there, you purchase your picture.
Here are the pictures for your enjoyment.
56K beware, large pictures.
http://bgammill.com/DSC01812.JPG
http://bgammill.com/DSC01813.JPG
http://bgammill.com/DSC01814.JPG
http://bgammill.com/DSC01815.JPG

Tigger1988

Can you wait till you get home and look at the pictures like Photopass usually works? Or do you have to buy it then and there?

Thanks for the pics! :wave:

napnet

Great pix... glad they are finally doing this.. I have always wished they would do the photopass for on-ride photos. I'd buy them if i was able to gather all of them from the trip, review em and pick which one i really want. I have never bought one because i only have a split second to decide.

Pongo

Wow, with that weird "time left" thing going on, you have to be quick on the draw.

Thanks for the pics!

BadTigger

Can you wait till you get home and look at the pictures like Photopass usually works? Or do you have to buy it then and there?

Thanks for the pics! :wave:

I'm pretty sure this acts just like all the other photopasses, and I'm pretty sure you can insert a photopass from earlier in your trip. THe whole point of the photopass is instead of going and claiming pictures you have the photopass( which is liek a credit card) and whenever you get a picture they swipe the card so all your pictures are stored and tied to that card. So at the end of your trip either go to a park to get prints or wait till you get home and order them off the website. Just think no need to deal with those long lines at photo pick-up at the end of a long day. https://disneyphotopass.go.com

AEfx

The big question is...will they let you put it on the Photopass CD?

I know they won't, but it sure would be nice if it would. Would sell a LOT more Photopass CDs for them, plus it's not really costing them anything as they are taking the photo anyway. The only issue I'd see is card distribution - they'd have to come up with a more streamlined way of getting one I'd think.

AEfx

tirian

Great pix... glad they are finally doing this.. I have always wished they would do the photopass for on-ride photos. I'd buy them if i was able to gather all of them from the trip, review em and pick which one i really want. I have never bought one because i only have a split second to decide.

A Photopass photographer told me that although all the attraction photos will eventually be available on the Photopass cards, right now they're running on private Merchandise systems. Apparently, Test Track was the first photo area to undergo the conversion. I don't know whether or not these are available on CD; but if the TT photos are now linked to WDW's Photopass database, you should be able to get them placed on a disk.

Antjeanne

I went on Test Track Friday . I talked with the guy with the Photopass vest on. he said it just started up a few hours before we got there. and it is just another picture on our Photo Pass card. I did get it burned to my CD also.

kcnole

I've been wanting them to do this for a long time now. I've never bought one before because they're so expensive but I really wished I'd bought a few last year when I got home. If they would have put it on photopass I would have gone back and bought it.

Antjeanne

The price for the CD was the same as it was the last time i was there. ($100).
But they do not do the extra stuff on the CDs any more. i was a bit disappointed about this. I like all the add on stuff. my daughter like the character autographs put on and tink flying by. they said they stopped that in march.

DanStat

Wow - that's very "metropolitan." I like being able to order them at home, though because it's hard to keep track while in the parks.

Brian Noble

they said they stopped that in march.
I had heard this, and wasn't surprised. I've seen a single guest occupy a photopass register for upwards of a half hour adding borders, etc. to every one of what must have been dozens and dozens of pictures.

DisneyWales

Love it

I love the idea, i knew it was coming and cant wait for more. I think Photopass is a great way to streamline the photo purchasing process. I know i dont wanna stand around for ages in the park waiting for a picture, but now i can get them after ive come home. When i'll prolly want them even more as the memory is so much stronger after your visit.

All i can say is more please Disney...:sohappy:

steamboat_will

I had heard this, and wasn't surprised. I've seen a single guest occupy a photopass register for upwards of a half hour adding borders, etc. to every one of what must have been dozens and dozens of pictures.

you can still add the extras online, in the privacy of your own home at disneyphotopass.com

perhaps they stopped the in park add-ons because they were clogging up the lines.

i for one enjoy the little add-ons and they remind me of the old family portraits where they would add in the characters in front of the castle.

uklad79

Any idea what the timetable is for converting all on ride photos? Is it being done park by park? Anyone know what rides in each park have on ride photos? I think the ones below have them. If this is right it seems like they will do the parks with the least number to convert first.

Epcot
Test Track
Mission Space

MK
Haunted Mansion
Splash Mountain
Space Mountain
Buzz

AK
Dinosaur!
Everest
Kali River Rapids

MGM
Rock n Roller coaster
Tower of Terror

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom