News Test Track to be reimagined

PREMiERdrum

I hope so. That concept never really worked well and was an odd fit for a ride in which everyone was going to be sitting in the same vehicle and having the same experience anyway.
I was fortunate enough to be at the media party for New TestTrack (and new Fantasyland) and remember feeling that the "SimCar / SimTrack" story actually landed pretty well, but was undone by the absolutely cartoonish results of the design studio. The novelty of "designing" cars on giant iPads has long-since worn off.

I'd be shocked if the practice were to continue. Completely incongruent with the new story direction, best I can tell.

PS - the private One Republic concert under the canopy the night of the party was incredible. We were right up against the stage with maybe 100 other people watching. Peak 2012.

monothingie

Turn those machines back on!
Premium Member
So on one hand this is going to push capacity issues at EPCOT even more while it's closed. On the other hand Test Track is always down so will we see any real difference?
Now if only there were a pavilion in that general vicinity that was open to allow people to "play" in with various interactive forms of entertainment.

Oh Well...

DreamfinderGuy

It wasn't for the track but for the massive looooong lines that were going to be outside for ALL of the traffic the ride would get
It was for that later on, but initially it was just to house the Test Track preview center. It was always intended to be removed before the ride opened, last minute choice to keep it.

monothingie

Turn those machines back on!
Premium Member
Not since the removal of the wand have I been so happy to see something torn down at Epcot.
1712326279589.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom