News Test Track to be reimagined

Jrb1979

We can do the fanboy complaining of how the ride sucks and it used to be great and whatever, but at the end of the day it’s still open. 14 years with no sponsor, ride is open every day. Image Works still open. Magic Eye still open. It’s not empty and rotting like Wonders of Life, it’s an operating attraction.
Operating doesn't mean good. I guess with the same can be said for Spaceship Earth. What happened to expecting higher standards for Disney parks?

Brer Panther

We can do the fanboy complaining of how the ride sucks and it used to be great and whatever, but at the end of the day it’s still open. 14 years with no sponsor, ride is open every day. Image Works still open. Magic Eye still open. It’s not empty and rotting like Wonders of Life, it’s an operating attraction.
Also, should we really trust Iger's Disney with a fourth version of Journey Into Imagination?

ᗩLᘿᑕ ✨︎ ᗩζᗩᗰ

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
If Test Track's update succeeds at making it a great attraction again (which I hope and cautiously expect to happen), Future World (sorry, I mean World Discovery + World Celebration + World Nature) will be incredibly lopsided. The only big draw in Future World West (ok not sorry) will be Soarin'. Apart from the obvious benefits of upgrading JII and/or The Seas once TT is back, as Tom Bricker wrote in his recent "EPCOT Wish List" article, The Land deserves an aesthetic upgrade so it doesn't look like a mall food court. Indeed, if there's one change I'd want to see at EPCOT right now, it would be making The Land feel like someplace special again...
It'll be fine once they put the fossil replicas from Dinoland in there. ;)
It fits. They were farmers.
8278099_orig.jpg

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
These are all silly takes. With Cosmic Rewind and Ratatouille, EPCOT has more things for more people to do than it has in a really long time.

Test Track is in rough shape. The ride experience actually feels rough and like it’s in need of maintenance…. Everything from the onboard audio to the seatbelts, the hodgepodge of screens and out of sync effects on top of an overall rough ride.
Of course it’s silly. 😁 I’ve never had a rough ride on TT, though, but the on-board audio and screens needed TLC about 6 years ago.

Rat was the only net-new addition, though. And it’s in the wrong park, same with GotG.

celluloid

Of course it’s silly. 😁 I’ve never had a rough ride on TT, though, but the on-board audio and screens needed TLC about 6 years ago.

Rat was the only net-new addition, though. And it’s in the wrong park, same with GotG.

And it is not truly a net new addition in the attraction count.
Wonders of Life still not replaced.

haveyoumetmark

Both are totally appropriate for their respective areas, the no characters at EPCOT thing kinda died as soon as it opened. Based on Ellen’s utilization when it closed, Cosmic Rewind is a gain.

MagicHappens1971

The canopy was also just recently replaced iirc...I think last year from that hurricane or something that brought it down.

They could've just not replaced it with this update/removal down the pipeline. Reminds of the carpet replacement right before GMR closed up for MMRR.
This is because one hand does not talk to the other. The managers at the level that make the decision to replace a carpet or a canopy are legions below those who decide to redo or replace an attraction. And those decisions aren’t communicate to those leaders until basically the same moment the public knows

peter11435

This is because one hand does not talk to the other. The managers at the level that make the decision to replace a carpet or a canopy are legions below those who decide to redo or replace an attraction. And those decisions aren’t communicate to those leaders until basically the same moment the public knows
This.

And also divisions like FOS and FAM that are tasked with maintaining assets and facilities must continue to do so even if they know closure is imminent. While some things may be differed, they can’t just let things rot. Plus they never know when projects may shift or be altered. Remember when SSE was two months away from an extensive refurbishment that still hasn’t happened 4 years later?

Professortango1

These are all silly takes. With Cosmic Rewind and Ratatouille, EPCOT has more things for more people to do than it has in a really long time.

Test Track is in rough shape. The ride experience actually feels rough and like it’s in need of maintenance…. Everything from the onboard audio to the seatbelts, the hodgepodge of screens and out of sync effects on top of an overall rough ride.
Replacing OoE with CR is a loss of capacity. It's a cute ride, but it's just Ghost Galaxy for a new audience.

Rat is a mediocre D ticket..

Test Track is one of the only reasons I visit Epcot. If it's down, I'm not going to that park. It's like TOT for DHS.

celluloid

Test track is over 25 years old. The attraction needs extensive maintenance that will require an extended downtime. How do you propose they handle that then?

Ideally, it would have been in a way for an attraction to not be so delapitated and meh from its last retheme just 12 years, and the company waiting on a sponsor to come in and redo again to fix what was oddly compromised the first time, so not in the time where one of the most famous theme parks in the world is largely a mess due to a half canceled revitalization project without much art direction.

But that was all avoided, so here we are.

peter11435

Ideally, it would have been in a way for an attraction to not be so delapitated and meh from its last retheme just 12 years, and the company waiting on a sponsor to come in and redo again to fix what was oddly compromised the first time, so not in the time where one of the most famous theme parks in the world is largely a mess due to a half canceled revitalization project without much art direction.

But that was all avoided, so here we are.
This refurb addresses more than just a retheme and show updates. Again. The attraction is 25 years old.

celluloid

This refurb addresses more than just a retheme and show updates. Again. The attraction is 25 years old.

That changes nothing of what was posted above.

It was closed and more than rethemed just 12 years ago. It was closed from April until December then.

It should have had more frequent upkeep. It hasn't. This is why we are where we are. Disney dragged it out in a state that has not worked right for a long time and waited for GM to help with the check.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom