News Test Track to be reimagined

Bocabear

And that is exactly where we should be right now... a mixture of the classic omnimover rides with update, and the newer thrill rides like Cosmic Rewind, Mission Space, The Project Gemini Rainforest coaster at The Land Pavilion, the Jr Autopia Speedway at the WOM pavilion... not either , but in addition to...And adding in an attraction to each of the World Showcase pavilions that currently have none would round the park out so nicely.

C33Mom

It was never an excessive omnimover issue.

There was an insufficient diversity of rides.

You can have several omnimovers if you also have other attractions like coasters, indy/rise style attractions, and simulators
Does anyone else lament the loss of Body Wars? I only visited EPCOT once while it was open but I remember it fondly and thinking it was fun and educational.

Marc Davis Fan

Does anyone else lament the loss of Body Wars? I only visited EPCOT once while it was open but I remember it fondly and thinking it was fun and educational.

I loved Body Wars as a kid - in fact I much preferred it to Star Tours 1.0 - though a big part of that was likely my interest in anatomy-related science.

That said, while it would feel long-in-the-tooth today (much like Star Tours 1.0), much of its lack of popularity was likely the result of its location.

If, instead of closing Wonders of Life, they'd just turned the pavilion into "Body Wars" (with the main dome being part of the queue), I think it would've remained popular enough to have been useful for park capacity.

UNCgolf

I loved Body Wars as a kid - in fact I much preferred it to Star Tours 1.0 - though a big part of that was likely my interest in anatomy-related science.

That said, while it would feel long-in-the-tooth today (much like Star Tours 1.0), much of its lack of popularity was likely the result of its location.

If, instead of closing Wonders of Life, they'd just turned the pavilion into "Body Wars" (with the main dome being part of the queue), I think it would've remained popular enough to have been useful for park capacity.

I don't think that would have been a good use of space. Body Wars wasn't a high capacity attraction.

But I guess it would have been better than just shuttering it for decades

C33Mom

I only have a few distinct memories of my first trip to EPCOT but Body Wars made a big impression. 🥰

I feel that they could have updated it the same way they updated Star Tours, with a rotating set of different adventures, although I believe its demise was almost a full decade before they even contemplated that option with Star Tours. I’ve made peace with the inclusion of IP (after a few years being mad about the loss of Maelstrom), but I wish they would try to add some attractions that incorporate science and exploration of the real world into fun rides.

DreamfinderGuy

With there having been absolutely nothing inside WoL for the better part of the last 20 years I think you’d be pretty hard pressed to find anyone here who doesn’t lament the loss of Body Wars. Even if you didn’t like the ride, it was capacity that the park used to have and doesn’t anymore.

Disgruntled Walt

In the Parks
No
With there having been absolutely nothing inside WoL for the better part of the last 20 years I think you’d be pretty hard pressed to find anyone here who doesn’t lament the loss of Body Wars. Even if you didn’t like the ride, it was capacity that the park used to have and doesn’t anymore.
Body Wars was awesome, and the perfect example of what an Epcot thrill ride SHOULD be. So glad I had the chance to ride it the year it closed (or right around then). Does anyone know for sure the last time it was open?

DreamfinderGuy

Body Wars was awesome, and the perfect example of what an Epcot thrill ride SHOULD be. So glad I had the chance to ride it the year it closed (or right around then). Does anyone know for sure the last time it was open?
It went seasonal in 2004, last seasonal opening was for the holidays in 2006 and closed for good on New Year’s Day 2007. The simulators weren’t removed for another five years though.

Disgruntled Walt

In the Parks
No
It went seasonal in 2004, last seasonal opening was for the holidays in 2006 and closed for good on New Year’s Day 2007. The simulators weren’t removed for another five years though.
Yeah, then I definitely went on it in its last year or two of operation. If it was open during Summer 2006 at any point, that's probably it. What a great attraction!

Chef idea Mickey`=

Or instead just the building painted white with Baymax eyes or a grey institute lab color. Call it the Health Institute. Have Inside Out and Baymax and Hiro on the exterior sign. Body Wars would remain the same or make it the Hero 6 team shrink and going into Inside Hiro's Body and Baymax as the Healthcare companion in Direction's! 😂 I think that would be an entertaining version. An Inside Out attraction on the mind would be next door to it!

Chef idea Mickey`=

Disagree. Those were a lot better immersive experiences than a lot of the stuff now. Many are short and with little substance.

I would rather those original Epcot rides over the half-assed thrills they do now. If you're going to do thrills add some intensity for a change.
Would of been interesting if they had all of them still along with all the new additions.

FiestaFunKid

Would of been interesting if they had all of them still along with all the new additions.
It would be amazing, but it seems the bean counters like to eliminate the maintenance costs of attractions with large numbers of animatronics - Horizons, WoM, Great Movie Ride, Splash, etc - and they aren't building anything new in this fashion. I just hope they don't play games and reduce the number of them during future refurbs of rides like Spaceship Earth, Pirates, CoP, etc.

lazyboy97o

going back to talking about TT 3.0, aside from being educational, I hope the overhaul is received well since that has a chance at convincing execs to be a bit less reliant on IP based rides in future world. Not that that's a bad thing, but many recent IP additions to Epcot have lacked any edutainment factor, except for JOW.
The franchise mandate came about not as the result of failure but in spite of success. It’s never been a rational proposition based on execution or performance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom