Test Track refurb???

djkidkaz

Is it clear whether or not you're in the section testing Efficiency, Power, etc...?

Do you see a score displayed after each section?

Does the Semi look more futuristic or the same or can't really notice?

Whistle sound still there just before exiting outside from barrier test?

I did not think it was very clear what section you were in, which made the whole thing kinda jumble together.

You do not see any score displayed after each section.

The semi is the same thing, just headlights in the dark.

I believe the whistle sound is gone, but not 100% sure.

I'll try to be more descriptive later when I'm not using my phone to update you guys.

RAXIP

Is it clear whether or not you're in the section testing Efficiency, Power, etc...?

Do you see a score displayed after each section?

Does the Semi look more futuristic or the same or can't really notice?

Whistle sound still there just before exiting outside from barrier test?

Yes each section has a different color scheme and the dialogue explained each section.

After each test the guests' concept car designs were ranked (although the linking of your design to the SimCar was not working)

The Semi is all black and outlined with lasers.

Not sure about the whistle sound.

E82

Well I was interested in this post until the comparison to ToT Summernightastic edition. That was horrendous, so any comparison to that cannot be good LOL
I think what he meant was that the Summer Nighttastic ToT could never compare to what WDI did with TT.

t3techcom18

The 'Whistle sound' that you are referring to, I imagine is the sound that sounded like a giant blast of air just as the car rounded the corner before launching.

That was actually the sound of the air pressure system that was to blow air at the passengers as the car passed by the effect that never worked, aka the crashing car. They never took it away until this rehab, they just pointed it in a different direction so it didn't hit the car. It's most definitely gone. What's there now is infinitely cooler than the 'Whistle sound'.

As for the comment of having all the sections bunch up...that's a very odd statement to make. The car audio, the set designs, lighting and paint/set decals are all VERY specific to each 'attribute' section the car is going through. It's extremely clear, thorough, and extremely hard to miss (and also go in the same order that is shown in the preshow). RAXIP's description is right on the dot.

E82

The 'Whistle sound' that you are referring to, I imagine is the sound that sounded like a giant blast of air just as the car rounded the corner before launching.

That was actually the sound of the air pressure system that was to blow air at the passengers as the car passed by the effect that never worked, aka the crashing car. They never took it away until this rehab, they just pointed it in a different direction so it didn't hit the car. It's most definitely gone. What's there now is infinitely cooler than the 'Whistle sound'.

As for the comment of having all the sections bunch up...that's a very odd statement to make. The car audio, the set designs, lighting and paint/set decals are all VERY specific to each 'attribute' section the car is going through. It's extremely clear, thorough, and extremely hard to miss (and also go in the same order that is shown in the preshow). RAXIP's description is right on the dot.
The whistle that we are talking about is at 3:38 in this video just before the doors open.

djkidkaz

Sorry but this did not resonate with me. I did not notice the color changes correlating to different sections. I'm gonna see if I can ride again tomorrow to see if it gives me a different perspective.

E82

As I was talking to other people about the new version, it came up that perhaps the outdoor portion of the ride may now be the "boring" part....what i guess i'm trying to say is that the new indoor reimagined part of the is the heart of the attraction whereas in the previous version, the outdoor part was the highlight.

To people who have been able to try it so far...opinions?

articos

No worries. I just said that comment for the fact that I remember that, after the Parks Blog chats, everyone kept wondering if she was real or not and decided to almost do an investigation on her (really creepy IMHO). Just wanted to prove the naysayers wrong in that regard.

I wholeheartedly agree. The WDI team involved with this has done an amazing job and they are still working their a$$ off to get everything done and finished on time. Bryant has been on-site everyday and has been a great help, even taking time to talk to the front-line CM's. He's an all-around great guy and almost definitely the cause for the tons of homages to WoM everywhere. One of his first projects with WDI was a scenic designer for Horizons. That says a LOT.

As for the Hidden Mickeys...there are two (that we know of so far) :)
Didn't mean you were questioning, was backing you up. :)

satchamo

Is test track open today as a soft opening? Last day here and I am at MK. If its open, ill make a trip over to Epcot.

If not, how did anyone ride this yesterday? Cast members???

t3techcom18

As I was talking to other people about the new version, it came up that perhaps the outdoor portion of the ride may now be the "boring" part....what i guess i'm trying to say is that the new indoor reimagined part of the is the heart of the attraction whereas in the previous version, the outdoor part was the highlight.

To people who have been able to try it so far...opinions?

To a certain degree, yes. The thrill of being on the outside track and the high speeds are still there, no matter what, but it's slightly underwhelming when looking at everything inside and then looking at a barren track outside. I don't necessarily mind but what I DO mind is that the exterior track is now completely audio-less, where at least before there was audio, it's now completely silent.

Now, with that said, WDI is still working on the audio of the cars (God bless the lady who's in charge of that team/mostly doing everything herself, she's been there day in/day out) and as far as I know, the audio triggers are still there in the track itself so it's quite possible that's one section they haven't put in yet. If they put in the same number of audio snippets like TT 1.0 outside to amp up the ante, it would be perfect.

It's literally the only thing I'm complaining about, and even then, it's a slight nitpick.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I had some ideas for what they could do outside. They should have LED's along the sides of the track that show movement opposite of the car, the idea being that it seems like you're going faster. For example, a stationary road sign indicates how fast you're going, but a "road sign" via LED's or something moving backwards at the same time your car is moving forward enhances the feeling of speed.

Oddysey

Well I was interested in this post until the comparison to ToT Summernightastic edition. That was horrendous, so any comparison to that cannot be good LOL

I was thinking the same thing. In fact, the post made me feel like I missed something when I rode the summer version. The summernightastic edition was such a non-event that I barely remember the changes, and I certainly dont remember any changes that were a significant upgrade from the original.

The Empress Lilly

People keep saying that this ride is very "Tron".
Is that just code for bright neon colors with a black background?
And style over substance...

Or rather, substituting flash for substance. Which is great. Tron is simply cool. It is one of the few instances where Disney has actually been hip and edgy. Tron's visuals are real cult nowadays, just as classic as its fellow 'class of 1982' style icons Blade Runner and those early eighties video games. All three initially overlooked by both mainstream and avant-garde, complete cult classics now.

...speaking of which...
Just how cult Tron is, is evident from this picture of jmcl07 looking all 'style icon' in his Tron outfit! :

tron-guy.jpg

djlaosc

What I would like to see is an updated version of "Walt Disney World Quest: Magical Racing Tour" where you can input something (a code/using a camera to pick up the card's information, etc.) where you could use the vehicle you design in Test Track in the ride!

They would need to add more tracks though (it only had 12), and I don't think that Disney has really built anything that could be a good theme for a track since the game came out in 2000 apart from Everest! It would have to draw from more classic attractions (Tower of Terror, don't know whether they would be allowed World Showcase, Kilimanjaro Safaris would be similar to Jungle Cruise (except not on water))

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom