Test Track refurb???

JWG

I'm old enough to remember when the Fastpass line (or was it the Single Rider line?) didn't even go inside the building until the preshow room. Just waited outside listening to the loud cars go by just above you.

Been there. Probably a safety issue now a days. I remember that, too.

Cosmic Commando

Looks fantastic. Keep in mind, the work lights are on in these pictures. Under show lighting it will look unreal.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking/hoping. It seemed strange the way some bright flood lights were shining right on one of the giant screens so that it was washed out in spots. It looks great this way; can't wait to ride! It'll just be like two years. :mad:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Anyone post this one yet??

Sorry if the pic doesn't come out

edit* My guess is yes, it looks like part of some of the old design pics. Kinda neat to compare to the finished pics coming out

lets try this:

chevrolet_disney_test_track_2.jpg

Thrill Seeker

^All of the above pictures are the queue. For reference, the entrance to the building is to the left of the photographer in the first photo. Fastpass and Single Rider is straight ahead to the left. Standby is straight ahead and curves right. The next picture is further along in the queue looking more toward your right as you enter the bulding with the last one showing the rest of the Standby queue prior to entering the former soundproof room.

This is the room directly after the photo viewing area. For reference, the photo viewing area is straight ahead and to the right with the photographer looking back toward where he/she came from. This is where you see how your design scored.

This photo is the next room in the post show. Based on the previous photo, the photographer essentially did a 180 degree turn. Yes, it really is that open. This area used to be the Hydrogen car model diagram area that most people skipped over. Off camera to the right is a doorway that leads to the former car showroom which is where the other photos were taken.

I'm glad everyone is agreeing with how amazing it looks. I just hope with all the technology that there isn't too many glitches once it is open. Based on how things area going, I'm not so sure.

That last room is where you design your commercial featuring your car.

ExtinctJenn

Actually its smarter this way cause all the press from outside of Florida is gonna be there during this time for Fantasyland and so for disney they are going to get that press going to Epcot as well to cover Test Track Re-opening.
Y'know I see your point. I just think if they had separated things a bit they could've gotten double the publicity but you're right on the fact that non-local media will be around. They can use it to get excitement about both and not just MK.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Y'know I see your point. I just think if they had separated things a bit they could've gotten double the publicity but you're right on the fact that non-local media will be around. They can use it to get excitement about both and not just MK.

By bundling they can make it seem like 'stuff is happening everywhere!!!' - and make the changes seem much wider scope then they are in isolation.

Test Track suffers the most by bundling I think tho... NFE details have been everywhere forever. TT tho is 'all new' due to such little info being available previously.

ExtinctJenn

I've been looking forward to this for awhile even through the negative comments that were made forever and the more reviews I read, the more I'm looking forward to it. It seems like everyone is surprised (shocked?) at just how impressive it really is. I can't wait to experience it myself.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I'm old enough to remember when the Fastpass line (or was it the Single Rider line?) didn't even go inside the building until the preshow room. Just waited outside listening to the loud cars go by just above you.
It was Fastpass. Switchback under the loop and entrance via the fire doors opposite the briefing rooms holding pen. Circa 2000/1

PREMiERdrum

Why not.. sounds like a great day for the Media.. morning open NFE... head to EPCOT.. do the Test Track.. then head to DTD and Splitsville for a tour and party. PR wonderland..
Actually, it will be a great 3 days..
Wednesday evening Preview and Dinner Party in New Fantasyland,
Thursday evening private event for Test Track in Future World East,
and Friday "What's ahead" breakfast and Splitsville event.

I'm looking forward to it!

EOD K9

Question to any CMs that rode this. I remember one of you saying the Belgian Blocks are now gone. Does the car still simulate that rumble or is it now smooth on the descent?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom