Test Track refurb???

Scuttle

When we call out the negatives at WDW people get defensive and call us Doom & Gloomers when we praise the positives we are "Getting a little out of control" ?

Well when it could have been so much more with a covered outdoor section, yes I think these rave
reviews are little out of control.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
The main problem I had with TT1.0 is that it was TOO real world, it was too much like a big boring GM commercial about safety and crash tests and semis...things that while I'm on vacation I don't want to think about. I want to think about something cool that doesn't exist anywhere else. Yes, technically TT2.0 also has some of the same elements, but they're done abstract, like a computer simulation.

If you've ever had friends die in a car crash, seeing a crash test happen in front of you as you go around a corner might be unnerving.

The warehouse comments are also spot-on.

SirLink

As far as the interactive elements I’ll say that I enjoyed designing my car but once I completed that there was very little to keep me interested. As others have stated – why is there no connection in the ride experience? This was a huge missed opportunity which I’m confident was talked about and then cut due to time/budget constraints. I forgot who said this but I think it sums it up pretty nicely, “this redo is just lipstick on a pig.”

Granted that all I've seen are ride videos, but after each 'section' isn't there a 'compare the designed cars' in your vehicle and rank them?

misterID

Yeah, I'm not understanding the parise for TT1. Just ignoring the fact it had absolutely no business being in FW, that the theme and story was completely stupid, the enviorment was ugly and uninspired. Both versions are basic, generic and again, uninspired in the theme and story department. TT2 has a better look that fits EPCOT.

The fact the refurb is getting the praise it is says more about how Awful they've made EPCOT than how wonderful TT 2.0 really is.

Epcotbob

Yeah, I'm not understanding the parise for TT1. Just ignoring the fact it had absolutely no business being in FW, that the theme and story was completely stupid, the enviorment was ugly and uninspired. Both versions are basic, generic and again, uninspired in the theme and story department. TT2 has a better look that fits EPCOT.

The fact the refurb is getting the praise it is says more about how Awful they've made EPCOT than how wonderful TT 2.0 really is.

Completely agree....I've complained for years that Epcot has lost it's way by not keeping the "Future" in Future World. The Living Seas refurb was a prime example of that.

So while I'm sure there always "more" they could have with TT2, I think it's a HUGE step in the right direction in bringing back some of the "wonder" aspect that was classic Epcot. It's really what Test Track should have been all along.

This wasn't a low budget hack job like the Imagination pavilion. Given they had to keep the current ride system, I think they did an excellent update!

backinaction

When i called Disney tonight, I was informed that due to the press event tomorrow, they might not be doing soft openings. This is the last day of my trip. I would think that with the press event going, they would want people riding the ride. Does anyone know for sure if they wont do any soft openings tomorrow? It would suck if I dont get to see this before I leave.

backinaction

And yet for an awful park, it's like the #2 park in the entire world in terms of attendance. If it was so awful people would stop going. I agree that they have done some bad things there. I loved WoM, body tours, horizons, figment, ect.... but times change and some people just cant accept that. Everything i've seen of the new test track looks great. Disney can't win sometimes with the fanboys.

asianway

And yet for an awful park, it's like the #2 park in the entire world in terms of attendance. If it was so awful people would stop going. I agree that they have done some bad things there. I loved WoM, body tours, horizons, figment, ect.... but times change and some people just cant accept that. Everything i've seen of the new test track looks great. Disney can't win sometimes with the fanboys.
More like 6 and in danger of slipping...

yeti

Call this a broken record, but...

I wouldn't advocate "change" when it boils down to taking away and not giving back. Nemo, Soarin' and Mission Space were decent to great adjustments. Imagination, Wonders of Life and SSE were more...questionable...in terms of yielding a change for the better.

Epcot's not awful. It's just having a severe identity crisis.

I haven't-and am not planning on-watching the videos, so can anyone explain firsthand how busy the post-show gets? I was hoping the panels were more numerous and accessible than what we got in Project Tomorrow (where the lineup for Body Builders is longer than the ride itself).

Captain Chaos

Food and Wine really helps drive attendance to Epcot up or else it wouldn't be #2.. it isn't #2 because the park is great or anything... Quality of Epcot has truly slipped... If Food and Wine was eliminated, Epcot wouldn't be #2 anymore...

Pseybert

Just a heads up: The "Create a Car" computers in the pre-show and post-show were still unbearably slow today and almost unusable. Your car still does not sync with all of the tests on the ride.

misterID

It's not my fault I don't jump for joy for mediocrity. I'm all for moving forward, not dumbing down. And if you think the park has actually moved forward, as in evolving to be better... That's just funny. :)

Does a dark light refurb of TT make up for a shuttered pavilion, the horrible ghost town of Imagination, the time capsule that is UOE and a centrifuge attraction that doesn't even run at full compacity because of the light foot traffic it gets? No, it doesn't. FW is a mess, WS is an outdoor mall - If you think EPCOT is the greatest thing in the world right now, then good for you. Attendance numbers mean so much to you (and its such a sure fire way to judge quality!), I hope you don't jump off a building if EPCOT is replaced by another Disney park soon. Funny argument though... hmm.

As for being a "fanboy," I really wish some of you posters who just happened to pop up for this refurb and started spouting out this crap recently, would make up your minds: Are we haters, or fanboys? Make up your mind(s).

HMF

actually its 3rd only behind magic kingdom and disneyland with an annual attendance of 10 mil and growing. You can say its the F@W or whatever, but they must be doing something right.
"There are two kinds of lies, Damned lies and statistics"-Mark Twain

cheezbat

actually its 3rd only behind magic kingdom and disneyland with an annual attendance of 10 mil and growing. You can say its the F@W or whatever, but they must be doing something right.

Still wrong. Not number 2 or number 3. In American parks last year, Epcot was ranked number 3...behind the Magic Kingdom and Disneyland. As for its worldwide rank, it's hanging in 6th, behind Magic Kingdom, Disneyland, Tokyo Disneyland, Disneyland Paris, and Tokyo Disneysea.

This year experts are thinking California Adventure may possibly surpass Epcot for their spot...and a few years down the road it's quite possible a Universal park could surpass them as well.

Food and Wine and Flower and Garden are big pushes for Epcots attendance. There's no denying that. Epcot has an identity crisis and I truly hope they find the way again soon. It's such a lovely park with so much potential. It's a shame the state some of it is in.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom