Test Track- employee perk question

MillenniumForce

Original Poster
Hey all,

Does anyone know if you can still show a GM employee card at Test Track and bypass the line? My mom used to work there for a very long time and still has her card...would be a shame not to use it! :) Thanks!

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I guess I'd see it as a bit unethical if she's using a card if she USED to work there.

I used to work for Target too, but that doesn't mean I get my discount when I go there.

NASAMan

I guess I'd see it as a bit unethical if she's using a card if she USED to work there.

I used to work for Target too, but that doesn't mean I get my discount when I go there.

I absolutely agree with that...

I'd agree, too, unless she retired and was granted use of the card as one of her benefits for retiring. My aunt retired from Disney after working for 26 years at WDW with a Silver pass, so she can get herself and three others in the parks every day. Now, if your mom just failed to turn her card in after she left, that's different.

jedimaster1227

Thats not as unethical as guests renting wheelchairs to attempt to pass the lines... Too bad Disney wised-up and started giving disability passes.

Tim G

I'd agree, too, unless she retired and was granted use of the card as one of her benefits for retiring. My aunt retired from Disney after working for 26 years at WDW with a Silver pass, so she can get herself and three others in the parks every day. Now, if your mom just failed to turn her card in after she left, that's different.
Don't think we're talking about Silver Passes or Maingate passes... :D

It looks to me like the failed to return the card thing, which often happens... :animwink:

eroyee

:wave: Yes, you still can. My DH has a card that gets us in from GM and yes, he USED to work there. He is retired from there..............

Frank Stallone

If you are a current or retired GM Employee, then you may visit the GM Lounge and receive entry passes for the attraction. If it was just a "job" and you no longer work there, you won't be able to get access.

Kerby626

Thats not as unethical as guests renting wheelchairs to attempt to pass the lines... Too bad Disney wised-up and started giving disability passes.

What is the disability pass you are referring to? Is this something that is only given to those who rent a wheel chair from Disney? What about those that use one all the time and not just there?

What is the disability pass you are referring to? Is this something that is only given to those who rent a wheel chair from Disney? What about those that use one all the time and not just there?

A disability pass can be attained one from Guest Services. It basically lets you either bypass the line entirely, or wait in a special, shorter line, if you (or one of your party members) has a disability that would prevent them from being able to wait in the queue. One certainly doesn't need to be wheelchair bound to recieve one (for instance, I know a little boy who's autistic and would never be able to handle the intensity of, say, the crowded Jungle Cruise line.)

jedimaster1227

A disability pass can be attained one from Guest Services. It basically lets you either bypass the line entirely, or wait in a special, shorter line, if you (or one of your party members) has a disability that would prevent them from being able to wait in the queue. One certainly doesn't need to be wheelchair bound to recieve one (for instance, I know a little boy who's autistic and would never be able to handle the intensity of, say, the crowded Jungle Cruise line.)

They are very strict about the passes now and you have to have proof of your ailment or issue. With each situation, a different stamp is marked on the pass, and depending on what stamp you get, the priveleges vary. The only one that a member of my party has used in the past allowed her to go ahead of the line on certain attractions. She was allowed to go through on Everest but not on Rock n' Rollercoaster...

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Wow...I'm surprised that doesn't violate the Americans with Disability Act that says you can't dispute somebody's handicap, or ask for any kind of proof.

I could be wrong on that.

Anyway, this isn't meant as a discussion on the handicapped issue (again). I also think we've answered his question.

RSoxNo1

I have a 30 year old autistic brother and Disney has been very accommodating with Guest Assistance passes every time that we go. The only problem is they limit the number of guests on the pass to 6, and with our family expanding, we need 7. It typically works fine as cast members at the fast pass line (Which we usually use) are typically more than accommodating.

We did have some trouble at Universal the last time, where they said they only allowed a pass for the disabled person and a guest. However as soon as we suggested, "Disney does this", they helped us out.

head mouse

I disagree. if you worked there for a long time, why not still get some perks? People that retire from Disney get life time pass for them and their family.

Valawen9

Yeah I was in line for Laugh Floor the other day and there were some cheerleaders in the handicap line. One of the cheerleaders was in the wheelchair for a broken wrist. :shrug:

MillenniumForce

Original Poster
Umm...has anyone ever heard the phrase "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it?"

Thanks to anyone who did answer my question instead of subtly saying we're trying to rip off the other guests who have to wait in the normal line because my mom happens to be retired from GM. She worked there for 28 years and retired a little while back - excuse her for trying to use HER card to make our family's vacation just a little more magical.

These boards aren't as nice as I thought. (Not trying to make waves or anything...I guess I just thought people would simply answer my question! :hammer: silly me)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom